1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T Carl Nicks' stock dropping?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Paul 13, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    He's rated as the 12th highest tackle over at NFL Draft Scout. They have him going in the FOURTH ROUND!

I seriously doubt he'd last that long and feel he would be a great pickup at 57 for us. But if we could wait until the top of round four and get him there? wow...

Does the arrest stemming from a party incident in Lincoln merit the stock drop? Not in my book, there are players in this draft that have done (allegedly) much worse than fail to disperse, ie leave a party.

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, he is 25, and has had one good season in college, he was a workout warrior though.

4th round? I'd love to have him with our #96 pick...

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    yeah it dropped quite a bit apparently. the best thing about him is he's big. his technique is disgusting though. he's a major project that you wont see any returns on for at least one to two years

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Maybe its the character concerns?

5. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Maybe it's because he can't play.

I would hold my nose and take him int he 4th round..only because maybe some of these scouts might be right and he represents value there. But I don't like him.

6. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007

Carl Nicks was actually banned from attending his own Pro Day, while other players who were involved in that incident were allowed to participate. This alone tells you that this was certainly not the first incident he was involved in, and yes, a player getting banned from his own Pro Day definitely merits a downgrade - I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see some teams taking him of the board completely. For what it's worth: I wouldn't touch him after this issue, not even in the 4th round. That's a huge red flag.

7. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Oh please such a overblown issue. Wow got in trouble at a COLLEGE PARTY. There were 2 guys banned from the Nebraska pro day Nicks and Purify. They were both involoved. Has minor character issues and would be a steal in round 4.

8. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007

Yes. And to my knowledge there were a couple of other players that were also involved in the party incident and didn't get banned. Which begs the question: Why is that? Stands to reason that this wasn't Nick's and Purify's first incident. No college is going to ban them for that issue.

9. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007

Well from what I read they both just failed to disperse like everyone else. From what I heard Nicks failed to leave when asked.

Really isnt a big deal.

10. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007

That's exactly what makes we wonder. I've never heard of a college banning players from their Pro Day because of such a trifle. And I've rarely heard of NFL teams downgrading players that severely because of it. Something doesn't sound right there. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about other incidents after the draft. I actually like Nicks as a player, but I'm always wary of guys who seem to get punished way too harsh. That's usually a pretty good indicator that there's more to it than meets the eye.

11. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I think they came down on them because of the circumstances. If you get in trouble with the police you will be barred from the schools proday.