1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take This Team to the Next Level

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by slickj101, Oct 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    12 Team PPR 3 keepers 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 D / 16 total

My main league:

QB: Shaub, McNabb

RB: Slaton, Pierre Thomas, Ray Rice, Leon Washington, Coffee

WR: Fitz, Marshall, Manningham, Royal

TE: Davis, Finley

K: Kaeding

D: Jax (matchups every week)

I have a waiver claim for Pats D for Coffee for next week when they play TB.

I'm also trying to get Calvin Johnson for Slaton which I have a shot at, but I'm not all that optimistic.

Thoughts?

2. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    Well I think a lot depends on your thoughts about Schaub. Do you think he'll stay healthy all year? Depending on the answer, I would move one of the QBs for a upgrade some where. I think you could easily upgrade RB and TE but don't think its absolutely needed.

If you could find a team that really needs a QB then offer which ever QB you like less and Thomas for a top 10 RB you'll be set.

slickj101 likes this.
  3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Youre set at QB. Just play the right matchup each week.

PT is your only must start at RB. I would rotate Slaton and Rice on the matchup basis, and look for a trade to get a stronger back.

Fitz and Marshall are must starts. That leaves Ham and Royal, both of which are a crap shoot. Calvin for Slaton sounds sexy; but Calvin is currently injured and isn't being featured as much as he should be this year.

I'd hold onto Slaton a little longer, and keep my eyes open for a decent waiver or FA QB, making McNabb tradable.

TE, K, and D dont really matter. you either have the best ones or you dont. its hard to improve those areas midseason unless you find someone whos desperate. you look OK there though.

slickj101 likes this.
  4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I wouldn't mind dealing either QB. Problem is there's a ton of QBs available in my league and everyone has decent depth there.

With TE I feel like I'm ok with Davis since he gets a ton of targets and is 5 or 6 in production right now. I figured I'd wait and see how Finley does after that monster game too before I make a move there.

What I'm initially thinking is get one more stud WR. I'm not sure Royal or Manningham can continue to be productive.

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Trades are very difficulty in this league.

What you said is basically my game plan if no decent trade emerges. Rice is seriously under the radar right now though. He's 5th in RBs! Only problem is Rice's OC is Cam Cameron.

6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Rice is definitely not a bad play. I think cam cam makes him a stronger fantasy asset. They throw him the ball a lot, and he gets the most carries. If McGAYhee will hurry up and get injured, Rice's TDs will skyrocket.

7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    He def will be next year since this is the last year in McGahee's contract and it's obvious Rice is their main guy.

A lot of what I can do trade-wise depends on how Pierre Thomas does this sunday.

8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Trying Manningham and Royal for Welker.

The team has a lot of beat up WRs.

9. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    What are some QB, RB, WR FA's available? Derek Anderson may suck, but Massaqiou is worth a shot if he's a FA. He's getting the vast majority of targets and that means alot.

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    QB's are awful. DA, Collins, Edwards.

Massaqiou clears waivers fri. I might use my claim on him, but prob won't get him. Only other names there would be are Sidney Rice, Bess, or Henry. Nobody I'd really want to rely on except maybe Rice.

RBs aren't worth mentioning.

11. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Yea that is a pretty sad FA :no: Mo Ma and Rice are only decent options available

12. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Yep. People are vultures in this league.

13. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Gish made a lot of on the money comments imo.

I'd stay away from Welker. Honestly the team is strong in every position. Denver's passing game was way behind with all the injuries and missed playing time but they are starting to look better each week. You might make the trade you suggested and find yourself regretting it.

I'd probably stand pat and see how things look after another weekend. You could find Slaton and Royal's trade value appreciate nicely.

slickj101 likes this.