1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking LSD

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SICK, Jun 17, 2013.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    This might be a controversal thread, I thought about putting it in the science forum, alas, I am putting it here.

I have only smoked weed in my lifetime (as far as drugs go) and lately I have been very intrigued about dropping acid. I have researched, "have friends with you, safe enviroment, go into it happy" etc etc

But I wanted to start a discussion to previous users to get their experiences shared!

Do you KNOW you're tripping? Do you totally lose control? Anyone have a bad trip?

Any pointers to someone who tries a hallucinagen for the first time?

Section126 likes this.
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Ive been on other bad trips and yeah, it sucks. Good luck with that **** if it goes bad.

3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Never done it but know plenty of people who have. They've said bad trips are one of the worst feelings you can have in the world because there's really nothing you can do about it.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I've read if you eat plain white rice it stops the trip in it's tracks.

5. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Don't drop acid but do shrooms instead, much safer high.

Conuficus likes this.
  6. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Yes, you totally lose control.

Yes, you can have a bad trip.

Make sure you have someone sober that you trust with you to make sure you stay safe.

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Can you go into further detail on what made it "bad" ? Were you mad, distraught, stressed before the trip that maybe triggered it?

8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Or you could just not partake in illegal, dangerous and harmful drugs. Have you thought about that possibility?

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I mean, I've heard that.....but any details/examples of what constitutes a "bad" trip?

10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [video=youtube;oAFAXr9_up0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFAXr9_up0[/video]

aesop and Justright like this.
  12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Be a responsible parent and make sure your kid is somewhere else before you trip on acid.

[​IMG]

FinSane, jdang307, finyank13 and 12 others like this.
  13. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    A kid in my area who dropped acid on a regular basis with some people I knew had taken acid one night the summer before he was supposed to start college. They said he always talked of flying when he was on acid, and he must have attempted it that night after everyone went to bed as they found him dead after jumping off the three story apartment balcony.

Sick, you have two kids who depend on you. Acid is the last thing you should be doing at this point in your life, as you don't need something to happen to you if you have a bad trip. If you want do something, do shrooms like Ronnie said. My friends who have done both describe the experiences like this. Acid you see faces in the wall, shrooms everything is colorful and psychedelic.

Boik14, Paul 13 and SICK like this.
  14. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    bad trips are personal. You can do many things: get sad, get angry, get paranoid(mine) , etc. Basically think of any negative feeling and that can/may come out. I went on a couple in school, hence the paranoia. Having friends who did more stuff then me I can tell you, as bad as it was for me, it was worse for others. Before the trip I was fine. It was just another day for me. I don't even know what made it go bad, just did.

15. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    And knowing is half the battle....

Damn, that's ****ed up. I know bro, I honestly HIGHLY doubt I'd ever do it anyways....it's been offered to me in the past, among other drugs and I've been too scared to try it. It was on the front page of reddit today, so I started digging and wanted peoples opinions and stories of past use.

Of course, if I ever did do it, I'd have people around to not let me jump off a building, however, they can't watch you every second.

I think I'll just stick to beer lol.

Vengeful Odin and DrAstroZoom like this.
  16. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    You may start wearing your wives bras or something..oh wait..

What happens is whatever dominant emotion you are feeling at the time becomes heightened.

So if say you are fearful, think of being fearful on steroids and it lasts for hours..bleech

They are right to, you have kids and a wife, should have gotten that stuff in before you had any of those responsibilities.

SICK likes this.
  17. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Damn that is the kind've **** that keeps me from ever doing anything like that. I have heard how it can change your life, opn your eyes etc. But imagine the pain/thoughts you can bring up/cause to others around you if you experience a "bad trip". No thanks!

18. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah, think about this. If it "amplifies" your good feelings, what happens when it amplifies the bad? That's a bad trip. With something like lsd its even harder.
    Another bad trip story, my uncles step daughter went on a bad trip. She called the cops on him because she was sure he kidnapped someone. Needless to say she isn't allowed near my uncle anymore these days. And they were close before that point.

19. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    ****. Bad stuff man. That sucks.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    So basically, the moral of this story, SICK, in case you haven't gotten it yet, is go for it. YOLO.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Nappy Roots and SICK like this.
  21. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    /AlreadyDroppedIt

All I see is samphin trophy posts, the mor911's picture and some place called sickpuppies.com

22. Justright

Justright Banned

Feb 23, 2013
    I've never done it, but I've seen what it can do to my younger brother. He tried to stab a bunch of people once. These "people" were some of his closest friends. They called me (thankfully I was home on leave) in order to come and get him. When I got to his "safe place with safe friends" they were all huddled in a kitchen pantry and he was sitting on the couch talking to himself holding a machete. He lost his car one night when we were kids and called me to come and pick him up. When I did pick him up he thought i was the cops. lol...He's had flashbacks etc etc to this day and he only dropped acid 3-4 times. I noticed a difference in him after the first time.

Don't do it. It's not worth the risks.

Boik14 and SICK like this.
  23. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    That was the sad thing with this kid. He was surrounded by his friends, and they all assumed he had "come down" so they went to bed. Apparently he hadn't and they found him the next morning. He was 18 years old, and it got a lot of the people that new him well to stop doing it.

24. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Just wait till FinD shows up in a "sombrero"

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

25. Justright

Justright Banned

Feb 23, 2013
    Arguing in Spanish?

26. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I've dropped acid..2 times in my life. . And ate shrooms 2 times. Both times I went into it knowing I was going to be tripping..looking forward to the visuals. . And were around friends that were upbeat and happy they were gonna be tripping. If you are an optomistic person..a happy drunk.. and are around the right crowd its amazing. I honestly had better visuals on the shrooms... but that can vary on the quality. The whole trip I was just like. .hey I'm tripping... non of this is real. .and just enjoyed the hell out of it. If you are not a happy drunk. . can easily get emotional on your own. .. without a doubt..psychadellics are not for you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

27. vt_dolfan

And. . Lol. .. I've been around a tonnnnn of people tripping balls.. once at a dead show. . And never have seen anything remotely horrific like the above stories. Not saying they didn't happen. .. but for the most part. ... people have really enjoyed it. Never tried XTC but I hear that's a great route to go

Bumrush likes this.
  28. vt_dolfan

Absolutely... not only that. . Make sure they are with someone you trust compltely. You start worrying about your kids it can go down hill fast

29. vt_dolfan

Everyone always told me don't stare at your face in the mirror. .. but I wanted to see my face melt. .. lol. I can tell you. .listening to great music and staring at a wood door... becomes amazing entertainment

Bumrush likes this.
  30. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    The predisposition thing is bull**** IMO. You can be as sunny as mary poppins, and all it takes is one thing to get you going in the wrong direction.

31. vt_dolfan

Oh yeh. ..sex is amazzziiinngg while tripping. And... You won't sleep till your done

Bumrush and ToddPhin like this.
  32. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Do Shrooms. Acid is just chemicals made in a lab (some from natural sources but the extraction process is unnatural) and is a lot less meaningful IMO. You'll get some perspective change but any visuals are usually totally meaningless. If you eat mushrooms it's a lot deeper as far as reward goes. Just my 2 cents.

Also Acid can be dangerous. You don't know who made it, how potent it is, if it's even real. It could actually kill you if it's whack. Shrooms are safer because you can generally tell the quality at least in terms of freshness just by looking.

As for a bad trip....IDK I've never had one. The thing I like about Shrooms is that you never lose your sense of self (okay if you take a ridiculous dose you will)I actually feel hyper aware and it's way easier to steer clear of bad trips because your mental process remains the same more or less, if anything heightened.

One cube of bunk acid will kill you. It takes a few POUNDS of mushrooms to OD. Which is basically impossible to consume.

slickj101 likes this.
  33. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    [video=youtube;EJEw3A_QO9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJEw3A_QO9o[/video]

:no:

Justright likes this.
  34. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Did it four times, had 2 good trips, and 2 bad trips. pretty sure one of them was laced with something pretty toxic, had severe stomach pains for a whole day. Your first time, you are not sure you are tripping until you're well into it.

My advice to you is to not drop acid. A few mushrooms here or there would be a much better deal. just be careful, I've had friends completely freak out from too much mushrooms ingested. be content with weed. it's much milder. much safer. too many friends I've had have started with LSD, and got bored, and ruined their lives with worse stuff.

Alex44 likes this.
  35. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

IMO That says way more about your friends than the substance. I don't mean that in a rude way, but in case studies one strong dose of LSD has been enough to cure alcoholism in 50% of those in the study. It is a completely non addictive substance. If you become addicted it's because you have a compulsive "I want to get f***ed up" attitude, and no drug should be done that way ever.

Again I don't mean that to be rude, it's just my 2 cents.

36. vt_dolfan

Yeh. .really. .. if you want to experience a psychdellic... go the natural route. Shrooms..peyote buttons.. these are things that have been used for thousands of Years. .. they use stricnine in LSD..which is why some get the bad stomach pain. ..I split an 8 th with a friend. .few caps. . Stems. .on a peanut butter sammich

37. Justright

Justright Banned

Feb 23, 2013
    Sick, thank you for this thread! Without your courage I wouldn't have been able to ask these hard questions on my own! Like you, I too have been planning to "take a walk on the wild side" and because of you, and the help from our other friends here, I will be able to make a much better, informed "trip".

God Bless
    Alhamdulillah
    Thanks, bro!

38. Justright

Justright Banned

Feb 23, 2013
    You know what else "cures" alcoholism? Death.

39. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    chasing the dragon is a pretty common occurrence. It's not nearly as simple as you are trying to make it sound.

Stitches likes this.
  40. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Shrooms are safer than acid, never know for sure where it comes from.

I think everyone should trip once in life.

Experiences vary so much though.

No, you are not totally out of your mind when tripping(I've only done shrooms). You may look it, but you can understand where you are at. Shouldnt have to worry about explaining to your neighbors why you were streaking through the street, not like that.

Ihave had one of the best times of my life tripping but I've also had a bad trip. The thing is, when its bad you can't do anything to change it, just have to ride it out. But you aren't going to want to blow your brains out, shouldnt anyways.

I think the reason I had a bad one was bc we were in a rush and had nowhere to go.

If you chose to trip, I feel these are must.

1) be relaxed. If you're stressed that day, don't do it.
    2) be around people you trust with your life. So many reasons for this one(mood, experience, reliable)
    3) set a location. You may not stay there but have a home base. Wandering aimlessly while tripping can be bad.
    4) lose your responsibilities(kids). And leave your wallet and ****, BRING YOUR PHONE.
    5) Set the mood and have an outline of a plan. Simply lowering the lights, setting candles or havinf a comfortable place to sit or lay cab mean so much. You might just sit and talk but you can also have great adventures(what I recommend) if you plan it right.

Just my opinion, good luck

SICK and ToddPhin like this.