1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking LSD

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SICK, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Justright

Justright Banned

Feb 23, 2013
    I think I found some old footage of phinsational tripping balls!

[HR][/HR] [​IMG]

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Anyone ever try DMT?

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Who can blame you, you're a Dolphins fan.

As for advice..take your shoes off first?

finyank13 likes this.
  4. Justright

Justright Banned

Feb 23, 2013
    Do 'shrooms they said....they're safe, they said:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...h-on-dr/nYT7P/

5. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Rocky Raccoon, ToddPhin and Justright like this.
  6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    So was that a unanimous no on anyone trying DMT?

7. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    If no one responded then that is an answer to your question.
    Damn you so dumb.
    :pointlol:

SICK and Justright like this.
  8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

SICK, Justright and bigbry like this.
  9. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I would be heavily interested in trying what South American shamans have used for over 2000 years before Christ to immerse their metaphysical selves into the spiritual/natural world. Besides being found in plants and animals, DMT is found naturally in the center of the brain in the pineal gland. It's this gland that's believed to be connected to the third eye chakra in Hindu practices and that when the third eye is opened it supposedly stimulates the pineal gland to release DMT.

Naturally speaking, it's speculated that DMT is responsible for our dream state as the pineal gland releases it when we hit REM sleep. I'm guessing that, since the human body does most of its vital repairing and growth during the deepest stages of sleep (the immune system; central nervous system; release of hormones including HGH; tissue growth and repair; transfer of short term memory to long term, and so on), perhaps DMT's role is to keep the mind distracted by a false reality- dreams, so that we can remain in REM uninterrupted from activities of a more active conscious mind that might give us urges to awaken. Analogously speaking it's akin to putting a 3 year old in front of a cartoon for a few hours, except in this case our brain is the three year old and the dream is the cartoon. Furthermore, in this REM dream state, the brain's pons sends signals to turn off motor neurons in the spinal cord, causing temporary paralysis so that we can't act during dreams, but maybe this is nature's way to immobilize us in order to keep REM sleep uninterrupted; after all, it's difficult to wake up when we're unable to move. Well, that's my theory at least- that DMT serves to distract the mind and cause the body to turn itself off while sleeping.

What's interestingly coincidental about DMT and REM sleep is that DMT as a hallucinogenic is short lived, takes roughly an hour after it kicks in to return back to baseline. Similarly, REM sleep is short-lived too, lasting upward of an hour, meaning the body must shuffle through the stages of sleep about 4-5 times per night to accomplish all the repairing and building it needs b/c one REM sleep isn't enough. Seems to me that taking DMT is a way for the conscious mind to experience the surreal dream state while awake, perhaps also tapping into the vast subconscious mind that we rarely have access to.

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I'm guessing you've also read this:

[​IMG]

11. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    no, not yet..... but I'm familiar with it being called "the spirit molecule" or "god molecule". What better way to understand the depths of the brain than by allowing it to open up while awake.

12. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Yup. It's def a great read. The dr who wrote it did a lot of clinical testing and he does a really good job of taking you through all of them.

bigbry and ToddPhin like this.
  13. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Guys, guys we are talking about Sick here. He has no depth to his brain.

14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    *Note to self, dont masturbate on shrooms

15. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Probably, "The who" if I had to pick any of them.

16. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    [​IMG]

Justright and SICK like this.
  17. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    If he was on LSD he might of just asked why instead of pumping five rounds in him.

ToddPhin likes this.
  18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Dreaming of that face again.
    It's bright and blue and shimmering.
    Grinning wide
    And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

On my back and tumbling
    Down that hole and back again
    Rising up
    And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

In... Out... In... Out... In... Out...

A child's rhyme stuck in my head.
    It said that life is but a dream.
    I've spent so many years in question
    to find I've known this all along.

"So good to see you.
    I've missed you so much.
    So glad it's over.
    I've missed you so much
    Came out to watch you play.
    Why are you running away?
    Why are you running away?"

Shroud-ing all the ground around me
    Is this holy crow above me.
    Black as holes within a memory
    And blue as our new second sun.
    I stick my hand into his shadow
    To pull the pieces from the sand.
    Which I attempt to reassemble
    To see just who I might have been.
    I do not recognize the vessel,
    But the eyes seem so familiar.
    Like phosphorescent desert buttons
    Singing one familiar song...

"So good to see you.
    I've missed you so much.
    So glad it's over.
    I've missed you so much.
    Why are you running away?
    Why are you running away?"

Prying open my third eye.

So good to see you once again.
    I thought that you were hiding.
    And you thought that I had run away.
    Chasing the tail of dogma.
    I opened my eye
    I opened my eye
    I opened my eye
    and there we were...

Open my eye
    Open my eye
    Open my eye
    and there you were...

So good to see you once again
    I thought that you were hiding from me.
    And you thought that I had run away.
    Chasing a trail of smoke and reason.

anlgp likes this.
  19. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    You can definitely have a bad trip on Shrooms just like LSD. Nobody will predict what will happen to anyone on shrooms, LSD or any other drug. I've seen someone on just E and she turned into a mentally challenged (aka the R word) person until it wore off. I've seen one guy tripping so hard on shrooms he froze on the ground, eyes wide open. They had to carry him out and he never un-pretzeled himself.

20. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Yes but w shrooms you have much more control over the amount taken and that def helps a lot, imo.

ToddPhin likes this.
  21. Justright

Justright Banned

Feb 23, 2013
    It's all fun and games until someone starts jerking it and rips their own ***** off.

Then it just become weird.

22. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

It's only funny until someone gets hurt and then it's just hilarious...

-FNM, Ricochet

23. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    One funny story: one time I put my hit of acid on my tongue and a cop pulled into my driveway looking for my brother (following up on busting him the night before). I wasn't tripping yet, so I went out to go talk to the cop with my friend who had also just dropped. as I was talking to the cop, the piece of acid paper got flicked off my tongue and landed on the cops black tie. The cop didn't see it, but my friend did. It took every ounce of willpower from the two of us to not bust out laughing.

ToddPhin likes this.
  24. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I may or may not have taken substances in the past while listening to Pink Floyd while watching a computer screen melt, but those substances definitely were not LSD.

Bumrush and SICK like this.
  25. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    @JDang - The girl probably wasn't just on E. A lot of people don't realize ecstasy pills are cut with a whole bunch of nasty **** usually including research chemicals and meth often. My friend almost died from E pills. That is why people try and get Molly now. It can still be cut but is usually way more pure....

Also a lot of people don't realize most people who are selling "shrooms" are selling regular mushrooms with acid "sprayed" onto them. Because shrooms can make you a lot more money. If by never unpretzeled you mean caused permanent damage...that is likely what happened. Again it takes a couple pounds of mushrooms to cause overdose reactions and that is scientifically proven.

26. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Those who mess with chemicals take tremendous risks. You don't know what you are ingesting. You don't know how the chemical is going to affect you on any given trip. You don't know in what direction your environment while tripping is going to take your head. You are vulnerable to others and out of control. You may get into it too much and trip too often, so that the law of averages eventually catches up with you. You may decide you're OK to drive. Too many risks. The experience is not worth it.

27. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I didn't read all of the posts Sick but I would strongly discourage you from taking such a drug. I've never done it before, but I can recall a story my mother told me once when she was young and she was slipped some acid. She stated it was the worst experience of her life from what she remembered, and what made it worst was the inability to remember from the blackout that followed.

I did some research on LSD when I was the Drug and Alcholo Control Officer for my unit when I was stationed at Fort Sill. Forgive me if I forget the exact terminology but essentially, the chemical compounds of LSD attach to the receptors on the nerve ending in your spinal column. Occasionally with some, the spinal fluid will dislodge the compound from the receptors and actually cause you to go into another LSD trip. I read that people who've not sued LSD for years relapsing and having a trip from the dislodged LSD.

Your call, your choice, but I strongly discourage it.

SICK likes this.
  28. [video=youtube;JoqDYcCDOTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg[/video]

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  29. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    They're called flashbacks, and they do happen.

30. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    if you had a good trip, wouldn't flashbacks be awesome?!

31. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Too many variables.

32. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Gheesh you'd be no fun to take LSD with.

shula_guy likes this.
  33. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You're right; the common known term is a flashback. I was speaking merely to the physiology that causes them. I've never done any drugs nor do I have any desire to but with me being the type of person that I am, if I ever did I would want to be in control of it if you will...the high that comes with it and once it passes, it's passed and not have to fear of some chemical compound that's possibly attached to my spinal column that could come dislodged years later and cause me to flip out again.

I just hate the idea of not being completely in control

34. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, sort of...:shifty:

Odd thing in the US, there is no "rite of passage" for men in the US, in tribal structures, which in a way the US is (income based) using such is a substitute.

Would suggest googling/youtube London Real sometime for those interested everything from Ayahusca to DMT..live on the air.

35. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Thinking back on it, even accounting for The Movement, a lot of time was wasted in the pursuit of psychedelica that we will never get back.

I went to a Crosby, Stills and Nash show relatively recently. I've been hearing them live since Woodstock, through all their eras, so I have quite a long base of comparison. I was very impressed by how good they sounded. Then it struck me. They must have been playing and singing straight. They were certainly acting straight.

Now, I'll be the first one to admit that I can't account for the creative ideas that could have been brought about over the years for them by psychedelics. But over the decades, despite the concept that "to sing the blues you have to live the dues," I have decided that in the long run, staying straight is much more productive than getting high, even in music. This is without even considering the need to be reliable and responsible to others.

36. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    You can get high and be productive at the same time.

37. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Not in the long run.

38. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    How so? If you're only referring to acid and mushrooms then any usuage over once a month after a while could def be bad. But if we're just talking about weed then not at all, imo.

39. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Whoa. NEVER drop acid. NEVER.

Friend of mine once decided to experiment with it, and had an awful trip. Kept telling everybody that the Cops were telling everybody to get in the bath tub because a bomb was gonna drop on the city.

This dude then stripped down to his underwear and decided to start a fight with some guy in the neighborhood and kept accusing the guy of raping his mother.

he then had Diarrhea for three days.

Just awful.

40. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Trey Parker Matt Stone

Sent from my phone using Fapatalk 2