1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tampa bay area golf course

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Duss, Aug 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Duss

Duss Season Ticket Holder

Dec 9, 2007
    Hi guys,

I will be on vacation in Orlando (from montreal) in early november, I will mainly play some golf in Orlando, but I will also be going to a tampa bay lightning game and I am looking to score some golf in tampa before the game.

So my question to ya'll: WWich Course should I play in tampa, I am looking for great golf courses (except the Claw, went last year and hate it)

Also where should I score my diner aat night ?

2. Duss

Duss Season Ticket Holder

Dec 9, 2007
    bump

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller ?

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I don't play (yet), but from what I understand you'll probably have to get out of town a bit to play on a good public course. Sorry I can't be of much help there.

What are you looking to eat? Do you want to be close to the Forum (downtown)? A bit upscale or relaxed?

If you're looking for really good steak, perhaps Bern's or Fleming's. Pricey (especially Bern's) but very top notch. Bern's is an 'experience'. One of those places that requires a jacket and the servers must apprentice two years before they hit the floor. The president eats there. Bern's is on South Howard, Fleming's is near the airport and International Mall/Plaza. There's also SideBern's.

Pane Rustica in South Tampa is great little place to eat (casual, not expensive). You can hit the Crosstown and land right at the Forum for the game in about 5 minutes. Grillsmith has multiple locations in the bay area. Can't believe I haven't been yet. Folks around here rave about it.

Of course there are places next to the forum at Channelside.

Where abouts are you staying in Tampa?

Duss likes this.