1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill: 123.2rtg - 78.5% - 220 Yards - 2 TDs/0 Ints

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinNasty, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Nope

2. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    At he same time as we say that at som point the qb has to help the wr, reverse is true. Wr have to make plays when there. Cant say on 1 hand when rceiver gets open qb has to hit them then turn around and make an excuse when qb puts it where it has tto be and the wr fails to make a play. All plays wont be easy

3. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    From my vantage point (instant replay on TV) he raked Thigpen's forearm, which prevented him from securing the pass with two hands.

4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I heard this last night, and I think there's something to it. He probably felt more comfortable and less restricted. I also don't think it's a coincidence that he ran a lot more yesterday.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Well then, lets run him out there with his jock strap on from now on..

thisperishedmin likes this.
  6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I can't wait for him to run all over Buffalo. All these idiot Bills fans I know think he can't move well after our last game (when he was hurt).

Can't wait.

7. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    If Tannehill were to duplicate his numbers against the Jags in each of the last 2 games, he'd finish with a rating of 81.5, a completion percentage of 61%, almost 3400 passing yards and a positive TD/INT ratio. I think that if you had told us at the beginning of the season that he would do that as a rookie, we'd all be feeling pretty great about the pick. Obviously that hasn't happened yet and it may not, but I think he has a pretty good opportunity to make even the doubters feel pretty good about his as the QBOTF.

Sumlit and HardKoreXXX like this.
  8. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    He looked great. People will say that Matthews should have caught that pass and the coaches may consider that a drop. However, had Tannehill led him, that's a TD. He had 2 dropped by Hartline and Thigpen that would have helped his stat line.

Hartline had an OK game, but I thought there were 3 plays that stood out to me that showed why he isn't a #1 that would have helped Tannehill's stat line. The roll out where he could Hartline and he couldn't run away from a CB trailing him. The slant pass he dropped in tight traffic for a TD. And the 37 yd gain, where he was tripped up or didn't have the athletic ability to just turn, catch, get up fair, or make a guy miss and go.

Tannehill had a really solid game. I hope he can follow that up with a nice game against Buffalo on Sunday.