Tannehill had an impressive pro day

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Mar 30, 2012.

1. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Just because he was the 6th QB drafted doesn't mean he was the 6th best. Jim Kelly was the 3rd QB drafted, so by any measure he wasn't the 5th best that year.

2. MrClean

My concern with Tannehill is if we don't take him, he becomes a Pro Bowl level player, and if we do take him, he ends being no better than run of the mill. :)

3. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    That happens only if he last until our 42nd & we take him with it. :lol:

4. MrClean

Well, one little bonus with Tannehill, is if he did bust as a QB, I think he could still be a solid NFL WR. Had he remained at WR his entire TAMU career, he'd have still been drafted as a WR.

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Draft Tannenhill and use his athleticism to run the "TannenCat" formation. I kid...

6. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I believe you're missing the point MrClean. I personally believe Marino was THE best quarterback in the 83 draft, but not the first taken.

So what makes everyone SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sure Luck and/or Griffin are going to be the next best things in the NFL?

For all we know based on history, Luck will the sequel to Matt Leinart and Griffin the sequel to Vince Young seeing how the teams drafting them are in such shambles!!

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    You can never be sure about ANY prospect. I'm relatively sure Luck is going to turn out great though. RGIII I'm not as sure about.

8. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany

i think the trade up part is useless since you could have put every QB in there, since we could have basically traded up for everybody in front of us, the other part its not only us that whiffed on the other guys, lots of teams have passed on these guys and i dont consider matt ryan that good, has he won a playoff game yet ?

9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Tannehill @ 8:dolphin: