Tannehill on Philbin: "Obviously it doesn't feel good. Creates a stir/distraction...

157 replies

LBLBsFinestNew MemberOP
Sep 24, 2014, 02:54 PM

...in the lockerroom."

RT @flasportsbuzz: Odd to hear a player say his coach has caused a distraction. But Philbin brought this on himself

RT @ArmandoSalguero: Tannehill says he wishes Philbin would be handling the QB question differently. "Honestly, yes..," he said.

Philbin has to be the dumbest coach in the league. Nice pairing, him and Ross.

LBLBsFinestNew Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:01 PM

This trip to London should be fun.

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Sep 24, 2014, 03:02 PM

Thank god we play the Raiders this week.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:02 PM

As I was saying, I hope they lose to Oakland and he gets fired, giving Lazor a 13 game look see......

I really think Philbin dumbs this gameplan down....you can tell by the quotes from the team....

He has lost this team already by Week 3.....smh...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

LBLBsFinestNew Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:04 PM

"Limbo wrote:

Thank god we play the Raiders this week.

I said the same thing last year when we desperately needed a win and we were playing Tampa Bay...

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Sep 24, 2014, 03:06 PM

"Limbo wrote:

Thank god we play the Raiders this week.

The Oakland pass defense is saying, "Thank god we play the Dolphins this week."

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

LBLBsFinestNew Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:06 PM

RT @Rizzmigizz: At least Joe Philbin got the defense to stop hating their coordinator and now everyone just hates him... #StrongerTogether

Lmao I love this guy...any chance he posts here?

HEheylookatmeForum Veteran
Sep 24, 2014, 03:09 PM

"LBsFinest wrote:

RT @Rizzmigizz: At least Joe Philbin got the defense to stop hating their coordinator and now everyone just hates him... #StrongerTogether

That's awesome.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Sep 24, 2014, 03:10 PM

Philbin really sucks.

Serpico JonesSerpico JonesForum Veteran
Sep 24, 2014, 03:19 PM

Unreal.

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:21 PM

At least Tannehill shows some balls to publicly admit he is displeased with his coach. Respect for him there.

Now show me you got them on the field and pick up your ****.

Philbin could be losing the players.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:22 PM

"LBsFinest wrote:

RT @Rizzmigizz: At least Joe Philbin got the defense to stop hating their coordinator and now everyone just hates him... #StrongerTogether

Lmao I love this guy...any chance he posts here?

I dont believe so...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Sep 24, 2014, 03:23 PM

Taking aside the media creating it into probably a little bit of a bigger deal than it is, how can Joe Philbin show such a stunning aversion to reality? That's what I don't get and it's a really bad sign.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

HEheylookatmeForum Veteran
Sep 24, 2014, 03:27 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Taking aside the media creating it into probably a little bit of a bigger deal than it is, how can Joe Philbin show such a stunning aversion to reality? That's what I don't get and it's a really bad sign.

You have swirling media controversy around your team that would immediately begin to disperse if you simply said "Ryan Tannehill is our starting quarterback this weekend and for the foreseeable future." That's ALL he has to say and he's had how many chances to say it?

Unnnnbelievable.

maynardmaynardNew Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:34 PM

I guess this kills any ideas that held out hope that the coach was sending a message to his QB.

This like when I saw my little nephew laugh at my brother-in-law when he threatened a spanking

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

Sep 24, 2014, 03:40 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Taking aside the media creating it into probably a little bit of a bigger deal than it is, how can Joe Philbin show such a stunning aversion to reality? That's what I don't get and it's a really bad sign.

Yeah, I understand his policy, but sometimes you have to be smart about it. These things are always bigger than they actually are, but it's not a good look.

DODolphans Unite!New Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:40 PM

I'm not sure why it's so inconceivable that Philbin knew he had a meeting with his coaches the following day to discuss whether Tannehill would continue to start, which made the issue uncertain, and he simply communicated that uncertainty to the media, likely in part to signal more loudly to his QB that he needs to improve.

Tannehill on the other hand should be saying something like, "well with the way I've been playing, I'm not surprised it's an issue -- it'll be up to me to go out there and get onto more solid ground with my head coach." Instead, Tannehill's talking about what Philbin is doing.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Sep 24, 2014, 03:41 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Taking aside the media creating it into probably a little bit of a bigger deal than it is, how can Joe Philbin show such a stunning aversion to reality? That's what I don't get and it's a really bad sign.

Exactly. It's really backwards. The coach wouldn't want his players out in the media throwing each other, or the coaches under the bus or creating distractions, but the head coach himself goes out and does it to create an unnecessary QB controversy in the media and it's ok. Bit of a mixed message there Joe.

If Philbin thinks this is motivational, it's not. It might make Ryan think, damn, I really need to play better. However at the same time all it does is creat a disctraction as Ryan pointed out, not just for himself, but the entire team.

It's just incredibly stupid. The only reason Philbin should have said anythign about changing QB's, is if he was actually changing QB's. You aren't outsmarting anyone but yourself here Joe.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Sep 24, 2014, 03:42 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Taking aside the media creating it into probably a little bit of a bigger deal than it is, how can Joe Philbin show such a stunning aversion to reality? That's what I don't get and it's a really bad sign.

Rex Ryan, a far superior head coach to Philbin, had this exact same thing happen this week.

His response, "Geno Smith is our starter and all the players believe in him" And Geno Smith has to be on a shorter leash than Tannehill

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Sep 24, 2014, 03:43 PM

Sabotage is what they call this. Philbin is sabotaging our season with his decision making

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Sep 24, 2014, 03:44 PM

"heylookatme wrote:

You have swirling media controversy around your team that would immediately begin to disperse if you simply said "Ryan Tannehill is our starting quarterback this weekend and for the foreseeable future." That's ALL he has to say and he's had how many chances to say it?

Unnnnbelievable.

or just say that he never says who the starter is to the media. That would work as well.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
Sep 24, 2014, 03:44 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

As I was saying, I hope they lose to Oakland and he gets fired, giving Lazor a 13 game look see......

There's several coaches on the staff that should be named interim head coach before Lazor, both in terms of experience and how well they've done their job this year.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:45 PM

"Disgustipate wrote:

There's several coaches on the staff that should be named interim head coach before Lazor, both in terms of experience and how well they've done their job this year.

Who?

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

DODolphans Unite!New Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:45 PM

Folks, the "distraction" for the team is already there. It's called "your QB isn't playing anywhere near well enough for the team to win." The fact that the head coach simply calls attention to it publicly doesn't make it any more a distraction.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Sep 24, 2014, 03:45 PM

Tannehill also said he asked Philbin why he was so noncommittal through the media, and Philbin said he "had his reasons." It's a bit odd to go trashing your quarterback publicly, then snuggling up with him behind closed doors, but Philbin has proven to be a weird bird.

...:pity:..........circus....

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod