1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill "taking control of the offense" Gase says

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by brandon27, Sep 28, 2016.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article104501316.html

Statement from Gase on Tannehill, and some of the good decisions he's making, that are coming along with the bad, but he's apparently seeing growth.

We're hearing a lot from Gase recently on certain guys on the field not doing their job and holding up their end of the deal on certain plays. So, clearly the staff is realizing there's things going on out there that shouldn't be. Almost makes it sound like that freelancing he's talking about on D, might be happening at times on the O as well. Or guys just are clearly getting beat in some way shape or form on the OL. Interesting little read nonetheless.

Fin D, Aqua4Ever04, resnor and 3 others like this.
  2. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Fin D, Fin-O, resnor and 1 other person like this.
  3. seekerone

seekerone Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Seems like we aren't as far off as many seem to think. The rotten egg we just laid doesn't help our outlook obviously. But we really are only a couple good plays away from 3-0. Unfortunately we seem to be saying that every year. We need to stop with the almost this and that. Gase can hopefully motivate these guys to step up their games and get it done. Hopefully with long term vision and effectiveness. I was excited when Dan Campbell took over last year and showed he could motivate the players. Seemed to taper off after a few games tho.

4. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Not a bad point. Technically, we're a Kenny Stills dropped pass away from winning that game in Seattle and being 2-1. I think that's the big thing Gase is pushing lately by the sounds of things. His message seems pretty clear this week. You're either going to do it the way we tell you to, and you're going to do it well, or we're going to find someone else who can. That's a good thing. Acceptable mistakes need to be removed completely. Everyone needs to be held accountable. That's how you build a winning culture.

Fin D, dolphin25, Tin Indian and 3 others like this.
  5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Don shula approves this post

Shane Falco likes this.
  6. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I said this elsewhere, but I will gladly trade wins this season if it means Adam Gase can create the culture of perfection that is needed. I dont care what player needs benching....as he said..its beyond talent at this point.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    This seems to imply that Tannehill is not the reason the offense has struggled. I don't have enough info to know if it's true or not but I'm not going to start any threads pretending that we know Tannehill isn't good enough.

8. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    The offense has struggled because they can not run the ball for shnit. You can't be one dimensional and expect to be consistently successful. When you can not run the ball it affects your passing game and your defense and really puts you behind the 8 ball to win football games.

That being said, we lost 2 games we were supposed too on the road and while uninspiring to say the least won our home game.

If we can steal a win Thu we hit a home stretch that will tell us a lot about the 2016 Dolphins.

9. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, he's gone off the rails lately.

Fin D and Shane Falco like this.
  10. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Gase has the right amount of praise and criticism on Tannehill where he can go either way at season's end. He knows it's too early for any knee-jerk reactions, and if Miami needs assets to build a better team, Tannehill can both help it as a Phin or not as a Phin

dolphin25 likes this.
  11. Shane Falco

Shane Falco Banned

Nov 22, 2015
    I just get so tired of hearing the same baseless arguments from the same posters. It gets very old. I may just join the club and never have to see it again. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

resnor and Fin D like this.
  12. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    We're all in that same boat. However, we fix that by all raising our game. Not insulting one another like that. I could have easily made an insulting post towards you, but there's a better way to do that, which we're trying here. We've got to all work together to make this environment better, not by taking shots at one another like that.

dolphin25, Shane Falco and Fin D like this.
  13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Yes, time for us all to try a new approach.

Then maybe the people that make these ridiculous threads will be dealt with by the mods.

resnor, Shane Falco and dWreck like this.
  14. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Hey, wait a minute. I made this thread. :confused2: :confused1: :cry: :2guns:

Shane Falco and Fin D like this.
  15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Hahahahaha, that's not what I meant but my bad. I meant the threads that we were all discussing in Club. I was definitely not clear. D'oh.

brandon27 and Shane Falco like this.
  16. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Just remember that ridiculous to Fin D is considered normal to everyone else. :up:

:lol:

Shane Falco, Fin D and smahtaz like this.
  17. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Use the Ignore Feature. I've been to threads and only see 6 of the 40 post on the page. We're trying to clean this up. Don't be one of those guys.

Boik14 and Shane Falco like this.
  18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Don't judge me cause my standards are higher.......:lol:

Shane Falco likes this.