1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill's Shoulder

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Nov 25, 2018.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I'm curious- does anyone know anything about a capsule injury? Just because Tannehill can throw doesn't mean he can take a hit. What are the chances of re-injury? You have to figure that the shoulder often takes the brunt of the weight on any tackle (or at least a good jarring)...so it's not like he needs a direct hit to be back in pain.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  2. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    Good question. You know my feelings on this. I would be surprised if he finishes the game, but that's just me thinking he won't be able to take a hit. Not sure if KB is still around, but I am sure he was one of the first guys that was asked if he is.

KeyFin likes this.
  3. patcobb

patcobb Active Member

Jul 28, 2011
    im a doctor (not a arthropod) and some one who has suffered b/l capsule injuries (right hockey, left wrestling) depends on the extent, mine were both completely frayed and I had multi directional instability. His is much smaller so there is probably no more risk for dislocation than if he didn't have it. The problem is that to throw the ball you have to extend your arm with your arm out and to the side which is the most vulnerable way for the joint to be

4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Thanks Pat!