1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannenbaum has to go

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phins_Fan_87, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    When you do nothing to address our weaknesses and instead overspend on areas where we are strongest, we are seeing the results and they are ugly.

Our oline was awful last year, its worse this year.
    secondary was awful last year, its worse this year.
    linebackers sucked last year, not any better this year.
    dline was good last year, worse this year.
    coaching sucked last year, even worse this year(didnt think that was possible)

hickey, aponte, tannenbaum, queesy, coyle, lazor. all need to go.

I was a fan of tannenbaum during FA, but wow, he really ****ed us good. This team would be better without suh, keeping odrick and instead spending on oline and secondary.

Just another wasted year.

the 23rd and Finster like this.
  2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I think you are overreacting.....

Mike T. isn't the reason for this....

3. Phins_Fan_87

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    He had the opportunity to address all these issues this offseason, and he didn't.

Everyone is responsible, but tannenbaum could have left us with a lot fewer holes.

4. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Just look at the 2014 draft... There is a gigantic question mark on Jawuan James now, Jarvis Landry is the only player worth a damn. He spent a lot of resources trying to outsmart the entire league by using the majority of the draft picks outside of division 1-a football. Most of those picks would have gone undrafted we coule have signed them as UDFA's. ireland always tried to outsmart others as well with his picks but at least he brought in players that were more capable of playingn at this level. Hickey has to go.

And im sure Tannebaum had a lot more influence on the 2015 draft which is yet to be graded because we dont even use Parker, Lippett, or Phillips. Hell i dont know what Aikens has shown to have a roster spot over Cedric Thompson, a guy who has played FS before..

5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    personally I am not a fan of tannenbaum either. i wouldnt mind seeing him go. if he stays he has to fix the oline and secondary next year. no excuses

6. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I am thinking Ireland didn't handle the 2014 draft, Hickey dud.

7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Tannenbaum was just hired. He can't fix everything Ireland ****ed. In 2-3 seasons if we're still like this, then yea

8. Phins_Fan_87

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    He fixed nothing. He didn't address any of our weaknesses.

Keep in mind, what good coach is going to want to come here next season and have to work with tannebaum? same ****, instead of ross cleaning house like he should he is going to force a new coach to work with a gm. And people wonder why so many GMs/coaches pass on miami. hard to see this team improving over the next 3-4 years.

9. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Tbaum JUST got hired he cant literally fix everything you want, again you are overreacting....

The number one issue is the coaching staff right now.....it is TBaum's job to convince that dumb **** of an owner we have to can them....

Frankly it shouldn't be hard to do....

gunn34 likes this.
  10. Phins_Fan_87

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    Keeping tannenbaum will limit the coaches we can go after. Sean payton isn't coming here if tannenabum is calling all the shots. Any hot shot coach that we would want is going to pass, just like they passed last time we forced them to work with an GM already in place.

11. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    You can't blame Tannenbaum for the coaching when word is BOTH he and Marino wanted to replace Philbin but were overruled by Ross.

This season's disaster is mostly at the feet of our owner who won't let the Front Office do what they feel is necessary to right this ship.

number21, finyank13 and Kud_II like this.
  12. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Where you getting that info from?

number21 and finyank13 like this.
  13. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm not married to anyone wearing Aqua and Orange. Any of these fools can go and it would be a likely upgrade.

Landry and Jones are the only guys playing with any passion.

Fin-O and Phins_Fan_87 like this.
  14. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    To be fair, Sean Payton has pretty much full control of his roster. Mickey Loomis is a cap guy who does double duty as GM of both the Saints and Pelicans. Yes, you read that correctly.

Phins_Fan_87 likes this.
  15. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Tannehill too. I mean say what you want about his shortcomings but that dude is taking a serious beating back there and keeps coming back for more.

number21, mlb1399, Mcduffie81 and 3 others like this.
  16. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    He might not have a leg to stand on, I mean what has he team really accomplished since they won the Super Bowl? Two out of the last three seasons have been terrible and they're 0-3 to start this year.

17. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Huh? He just got here... He's brought in to evaluate and clean up this mess. He won't be leaving anytime soon, unless it's on his own terms.

18. Phins_Fan_87

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    He's not very good if he thought this oline and secondary were going to cut it. jmo

i was big on him in FA, but wow, i was wrong. Patched up no holes and overspent on an area where we were already fine.

not even sure a new coach can overcome the holes we have.

19. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think Payton is an excellent coach. His drafts have sucked though.

number21 likes this.
  20. Phins_Fan_87

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    certainly better than philbin.

21. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Mike Tannenbaum is an idiot.

22. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    We won't know for sure if Mike Tannebaum / Hickey are part of the problem. Because they kept Philbin on. Thus continuing the cycle of leaving part of a failed regime behind in every hiring decision Ross has ever made. And this won't be the year that changes. For the record, I don't think Hickey / Tannebaum deserve to be fired. They aren't blameless but the problem is clearly with coaching right now.

number21, gunn34 and Kud_II like this.
  23. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    They don't have enough talent either. It's time to finally clean house.

24. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The team sure as hell is more talented than the Jaguars and Bills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

gilv13 likes this.
  25. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    Not the Bills.

jw3102, Clark Kent and Hiruma78 like this.
  26. Phins_Fan_87

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    Bills are much more talented than we are. Just look at yesterday.

DolphinGreg and gunn34 like this.
  27. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I dunno.
    I mean if we had way better coaching I think it would be a hell of a lot closer.

28. Phins_Fan_87

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    not even coaching can overcome the oline we have. we have serious holes all over this team.

29. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Maybe if we had Richie Incognito?

Every team in the NFL has holes. We just played a team that has Tyrod Taylor as its starting QB. Teams win with OLs just as bad as Miami's is.

number21 and shamegame13 like this.
  30. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Depending on who had the most responsibility in the decision to bring on Suh, that person needs to also be taken to task. I'm pretty convinced that decision and contract will be a mistake. Even if Suh improves. It's just not the way to build a team.

DolphinGreg likes this.
  31. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I didn't see anyone even trying out there to make an evaluation.

32. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Other than drafting Landry in the 2nd round last year, exactly what has Hckey done to convince you he is the answer at the GM position. James is just an very average RT in the NFL and no one else from the 2014 draft appears to be a player who will still be on this team in a year or two.

I have no idea who was responsible for the 2015 draft, Hickey or Tannebaum, but whoever it was did nothing to fill the real positions of need on this team.

My view is that if Ross is going to remain the owner, he needs to fire everyone in the FO and the entire coaching staff. He then needs to hire someone who is widely respected around the league and appoint this individual as the teams football Czar.

This Czar should be given complete control over the hiring of all the front office personnel who deal with football operations. The Czar should also sit down with the new GM and the two of them should agree on who to hire as the next head coach of the Dolphins.

While the new Czar is running football operations, Ross can deal with the continued renovations of the stadium and his real estate deals he is working on in New York and the rest of the country. Once he hires the new Czar, he needs to stay as far away as possible from any decisions concerning the hiring of the next GM or head coach.

33. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    The Christmas tree had already ruined the steJ, and Loss goes and hires him.

Stephen Loss

34. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    This coaching staff has previously and consistently proven to have an inability integrating talent into their schemes. Talent which elsewhere has shown obvious potential and production, yet here languish in utter disarray.

Did the Bills have any problem involving Charles Clay into their offense? Chris Hogan aka 7-11??

This coaching staff was already being indicted for wasting talent, they've simply been given a number of valuable chess pieces to instrumentally apply to their game plans, and are embarrassingly clueless in making them fit productively.

Lets not throw any babies out, when we flush the toilet we tried to wash them in!

35. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

This team is NOT more talented than the Bills. The Bills have a better OL, better RB's, a better starting TE, and their starting WR's are every bit as talented as the Dolphins. The Dolphins have a slight advantage at QB, but that is because Taylor is a new starter in the NFL.

On defense, the Bills are superior at just about every position. The Dolphins DL is the most overrated unit in the entire NFL. One sack in three games is just terrible.

The Bills are also superior in their special teams. Heck, the Dolphins new rookie kicker missed an extra point yesterday.

The Jags are basically about equal in talent to the Dolphins, but the Bills have vastly superior talent IMO and a much better coaching staff.

DolphinGreg and gunn34 like this.
  36. Jen

Jen New Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Danbury,CT
    I still feel that Suh will be a dominant player for us.....when the coaching staff turns over, and someone is brought in who designs schemes that play to his strengths. Only in Miami can a player of his caliber become "ordinary". I do agree with Salguero's blog today. If we are going to attract a top coaching candidate, they are likely not going to want to come into a situation with a GM already in place. I have nothing against our front office at this time. I believe they likely did not upgrade the O-line because coaches gave them false confidence that the players currently on the roster would be fine. The power structure in Miami is also odd, with everyone reporting directly to Ross if I'm not mistaken? Which makes no sense. It was very telling to me back in March what the front office thought of Philbin when Suh was brought out to the press for the first time, and Philbin was left to sit in the audience.

37. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I don't think this is on Tannebaum at all. It's on this coaching staff for simply not being able to utilize and develop the talent they have. This is on Philbin for getting rid of talent they had without legitimate replacements in place, and this is on Ross's stupid *** for letting it all happn and accepting mediocrity

gunn34 likes this.
  38. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    It's on Ross. Philbin shouldn't even have been given this 2015 lifeline. The FO wanted him gone last offseason. Most of the fans wanted him gone last season. But wait... Stephen Ross thinks he's an A-Ok guy, so he gets another chance to ruin our lives.

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  39. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    ^^^^ This is so true. Someone mentioned Tannehill, but he never gets mad at his OL or players for dropped balls. Marino would make them cry.

During the game yesterday, the announcers noted how Brady got rid of the ball in 2 seconds every play. Buffalo has a great D and we should have game planned the same to make their pass rush ineffective.

40. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    I have to say that I have a feeling the Tannenbaum move won't prove to have been a great one. I'm open to being proven wrong though! :)

DolphinGreg likes this.