1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannenbaum says Dolphins will make responsible decision on Wallace

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinSane, Jan 9, 2015.

1. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    So your gonna make it seem like Wallace set the world on fire this year (870 yards?)? Jordan Matthews almost had a better year then the dude, and Matthews is a rookie. GTFOH, stop making Wallace seem like he is this ultimate weapon that every team WANTS so bad.

And your right, lets not compare the 2, because Wallace is a whole lot more overpaid then Huff.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    You accuse me of over simplifying in response to giving you factual information about the $3.0 million guaranteed and the likelihood (virtually nil) that Miami would have to pay that $3.0 million, due to offset language?

Talk about way out of line.

You're over complicating the situation by creating some completely imaginary difference between what Steve Ross pays and what must be accounted for on the salary cap. There is no difference. Every dollar of cash that Steve Ross pays or does not pay to a player gets accounted for on the salary cap. Every single one. The only question is which year it happens. And that's not as relevant a question as you believe it to be.

Mile High Fin likes this.
  3. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    I guess i'll re-read to see where I said anything positive about Wallace or him setting the world on fire. I was pointing out the absurdity in what you said.

You compared Wallace to someone that has 98 yards total in their career, and used that as proof that Chip Kelly can "draft a mike wallace" whenever he wants, in any round.

Lmfao. Gold.

DPlus47 likes this.
  4. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Lol...who are all these wrs drafted in the middle rounds since wallace entered the league that are wallace clones? Name them. You think miami trades for a guy like Gordon? Not with Philbin.[/QUOTE]
    Wallace isn't that good man. Hate to break it to you, he is an overpaid one trick pony that has the stride of a female.

5. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Well, he got similar production for Jordan Matthews, so there you have it. He doesn't need to trade for a 9 million dollar primadonna WR. How much you wanna bet Wallace doesn't end up in Philly? I'll put my mortgage on it. You seem to have images in your head of Wallace that the rest of the league doesn't, especially at Wallace's price. We have to HOPE a desperate team steps up and makes an offer like OAK, or CLE, Philly isn't desperate enough.

6. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    So.... you won't name em? Because Huff doesn't count. Not even a little. You said it first.

BigNastyDB13 likes this.
  7. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    You sure know a lot about him, what he 'needs' what he 'thinks' and what he can 'do'. Are you his secretary?

Again, literal nonsense.

8. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    It's definitely manipulated but it seems pretty clear the dolphins would save more money by cutting Wallace next year. Dolphins aren't saving anything this year by cutting him. At least not on the surface. 2.5 isn't worth it. If you can show me how the fins would save more than 2.5 million that they can on return spend on someone else, I'm all ears. Otherwise you'd have to back load some contracts until next season when the wallace cutting would save money. I don't expect you to take the time to answer all that. I'd just like to know what you would do with Wallace?

9. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    I live in Philly area, I read about this guy every day, you live in FL, so, he is merely indifferent to you. You think because they lost DJax last year, that means they are desperate to go overpay another 1 trick pony (that's probably exactly what you think too), when I know that is false, they cut DJax because he was a overpriced 2 trick pony.

10. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    I love how you're comparing a Rookie Deal to a Proven Veterans deal who was a hot commodity when coming out in Free agency, he was destined for a payday where ever he went. Why are you acting like the whole Free Agency leverage thing doesn't exist for proven players? Wallaces own team offered him 10 million a year and he knew he'd get more elsewhere. The more accurate comparison would be comparing Matthews to Landry. Not to Wallace. Apples to Oranges just for the sake of your argument that Chip Kelly is god among men and can draft perennial pro-bowlers with his eyes closed. I couldn't care less if they traded for him or don't. Nor do I have an opinion on the matter of the Eagles and Kellys interest in him, I just think your stance is lolsy.

Then again you think ill of Tannehill so your opinion borderlines 'worthless' to me to begin with.

11. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Put your money where your mouth is... I told you I will put up my mortgage that Wallace doesn't end up Philly.

12. BigNastyDB13

Oct 12, 2012
    He can draft Wallace clones in the middle round any given year despite not being able to name these drafted players over the last 5 years that ANYBODY drafted in the middle rounds that have out produced Wallace.

13. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Uh..... okay? he probably won't? Where the hell did I say he would end up in philly? You are making an argument up for me that I'm not even fighting LOL.

You said Chip could just 'draft a mike wallace in any middle round' because he's an offensive genius. I called you out on that BS, and it's bs you still can't back up.

And btw, Like him or hate him, Matthews and Huff Combined still isn't Wallace. Not close.

14. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Your right, because Wallace is overpaid. Only MIN and MIA offered Wallace huge contracts, 2 mediocre middle of the pack teams of the last decade. PIT gave him a generous offer because of what he accomplished with that specific organization.

Huff made a lot of plays for Philly this year and Matthews had a great season for a rookie on a rookie contract compared to Wallace, as a veteran on a deal where it's shown that he clearly is overpaid.

15. BigNastyDB13

Oct 12, 2012
    Wallace isn't that good man. Hate to break it to you, he is an overpaid one trick pony that has the stride of a female.[/QUOTE]
    You aren't breaking anything to anybody. Nobody is arguing Wallace is great. You're just under valuing him. You can't replace wallace with some random fast guy in the mid rounds. That's why you aren't giving names, cause their aren't many.

cuchulainn likes this.
  16. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    LMAO WHAT?

Okay, the bold is literally just a different way of saying : "He balled out in PITT and they were going to pay him a quite a bit to stay, based on how well he played with them, because, you know, he played good" Yet SOMEHOW That is supposed to mean he's a bad overpriced player? That his team offered him 10 mil a year for him to keep producing? Are we going to pretend like 10 mil a year isn't quite a f****** bit??????

Ya. he was going to make 10 million a year NO MATTER WHAT. Sorry, scrubs don't make that money. And for that matter, Since when does the amount of teams making offers to court a player in FA make any difference on that player? FA is based on team needs, coupled with supply and demand (and almost always overpaying for the premiere ones). Also - Wasn't it reported that he turned down MORE money from minny to play in Miami, Anyway?????

Wallace > Huff + Matthews . Still stands pretty easily.

17. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    You aren't breaking anything to anybody. Nobody is arguing Wallace is great. You're just under valuing him. You can't replace wallace with some random fast guy in the mid rounds. That's why you aren't giving names, cause their aren't many.[/QUOTE]
    Under Value? The guy who had gotten paid 10 million for 870 yards? And a load of dropped passes?

18. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    PIT offered him 8.4 million a year which is still better then the contract we are giving him. Luckily for PIT, he declined and they gave that to the clearly better WR, Antonio Brown.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutd...tract-offer-antonio-brown-060305426--nfl.html He's not a good fit for RT17, simple as that, and he WILL NOT end up in Philly.

19. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Ah yes. The only metric to judge a WR on....... or offer him a paid contract on........ just yards.....
    (Let alone on a team that distributes the ball all over the field, while playing a short passing game.) No way that could possibly handicap a deep threats season numbers, right?

Man I Like MW a lil bit, but your overboard exaggerations on undervaluing him are making me defend him like I love him or something.
    The guy is good but not great, he's lightning fast, but has a downfield catch radius the size of a cantaloupe, and his half-*** attempts at tracking the ball in mid-air sometimes make him look like a dizzy middleschooler who gets frusterated and gives up right before grab time because it wasn't a flawless pass. He's not perfect, It's not a secret he's overpaid, however, so are ALL PREMIERE FREE AGENTS EVER. This is what happens when you sign a legitimate deep threat to a team that doesn't really have a deep throw (or an o line that can hold long enough for one to properly develop). If you wanna blame MW for effort or catch ability downfield, that's fine. however, in regards to his misplacement on this offense, or his contract, You don't blame MW for that, You blame the guy who signed him.

Still, You don't know who is interested in him and who isn't, and if you think no one is, even for his price tag, then you are absolutely kidding yourself. That includes Chip Kelly. (Because you don't know. and Because MW > Huff and Matthews and it's not close.)

cuchulainn likes this.
  20. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Ya idk about that. It was reported all over the place the offer was 10 mil a year from pitt during his FA. Including on the steelers fan boards I visited, I trust those before yahoo sports.

21. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    LOL I literally give you the source and you dispute it, typical. At the end of the day, PIT lucked out with signing AB84 long term and Wallace passing up the contract so they didn't end up overpaying him because he's just a fast player, not really that good of a WR. A #2 at best getting #1 type money.

22. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Really?
    **?****?*****?******SOMEWHERE IN THE AREA OF? ********?********?*********?********

Glad these are stone cold facts you provided me, and not speculation based on hearsay. Typical.

you know what else is in the AREA of 8.4/m a year???? 10/m a year. As originally reported. Again I definitely trust the Steelers board I go to and their reps more than you or yahoo news, Probably even about phins related things as well.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  23. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    IDC what you trust. Your on a fan forum, your not President Obama. I gave you a source and you disputed it. Miami wasn't lucky that we signed MW to a mega deal, we would of been lucky had MW signed somewhere else and we could of looked at different options to be our #1 WR.

24. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Them offering him 10/mil a year or even 8.4/m a year and him not taking it was not 'them lucking out' by any means. That doesn't even make SENSE. They were offering him a reasonable payday for a reason. That was hardly a "super team friendly home discount".

25. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Your source was speculation, not fact. Just like all of your opinions in this thread.

"all of our different options" during that FA period. LMAO. it was a TERRIBLE year for WRs (after we realized what we really had to choose from)

26. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
  27. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Well, were saddled with his contract now, and its gonna take a lot for us to try and sell this overpriced prima donna fast WR to ANY team in the NFL. Best thing we can do is try and find a TRUE #1 WR instead of relying on this guy to run routes he isn't comfortable running.

28. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    I don't trust that source LOL see how I can play this game too. Besides, PIT lucked out and MW turned it down, i'm sure PIT has been really unhappy about that considering AB84 is WAY better then MW. PIT is probably laughing at us, especially because he walked off the field because someone else besides him scored a TD in a meaningless game.

29. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Then you correct the issue, not shrug and write the whole thing off as sunk costs and water under the bridge.

shamegame13 likes this.
  30. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    THANK YOU! Someone with a taste for what it takes to become a winning franchise. I wish Tannenbaum all the luck in the world on him trying to sell this overpriced fast WR to any team in the NFL, I wish Al Davis was still alive, he might of bit on it. Either cut him, or find a solution in the Draft where we can have a true #1, or work J. Landry into that role. I'm tired of relying on this one route running guy being our #1.

31. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    That's just flat out not true. Why are you devaluing how well Wallace played there?

Yeah... They sure "lucked out"
    in 4 seasons, the guy had over 4000 yards. (one season was close to 1300 alone) and 32 touchdowns. Most teams who completely lacked any semblance of a real WR threat would pay 10/mil a year for that production without giving it a second thought. Pitt had a pretty damn good group of WRs to begin with and STILL threw him that offer.

They weren't "lucky", No. that doesn't make sense and you're talking out of your *** by saying that. They were hoping they would get a more team-friendly deal because he had somewhat of a down year in 2012. They didn't. They ponied up and ended up offering him 10 million a year on a 5 year deal for a reason, AND HE TURNED IT DOWN ANYWAY.

Ultimately, The guys downfall was the baggage that came with him and the lack of effort, And it's really unfortunate. Just because Wallace isn't the WR the Dolphins need, doesn't downplay his talent. The guy could easily be an absolute all star on the right team. I wish he showed more effort and focus for us because I think he would be fine if he wasn't such a baby who gives up on plays and throws tantrums. But one team is going to be extremely happy with him eventually.

dolphin25 likes this.
  32. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Yeah, completely out of context. Thanks.
    I never said you "don't" or "shouldn't" do that. I didn't once take any pro wallace / anti-trade-or-cut-wallace stance.

I stated numerous times I don't have strong feelings one way or the other and I would be happy if we could get good value for him, because he is a blatant misfit in this offense, who has an excruciating and underwhelming lack of effort. I even said he was making me sound like I was a staunch wallace supporter due to his gross exaggerations.

I'm arguing
    1). his stance that MW is a complete waste of air as a WR, That's just dumb, I don't care how good or bad he was/is for the dolphins.
    2). that pitt was 'lucky' to not re-sign him. It's painfully obvious they wanted him back pretty bad, after talks got too hot, they both walked (MW being the one to ultimately say 'no').
    and 3). his notion that chip kelly would NEVER be interested in MW, because he can draft all-pro WRs better than MW in middle rounds blindfolded based on no reason other than he picked up a WR that has 98 total career yards thus far.

33. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I mean...our qb cant hit a deep pass whats the point of keeping him?

DolphinGreg and dWreck like this.
  34. BigNastyDB13

Oct 12, 2012
    Under Value? The guy who had gotten paid 10 million for 870 yards? And a load of dropped passes?[/QUOTE] If anybody would know what a 1 trick pony looks like, it'd be you. You spew a bunch of bs until someone calls you out on it and then you answer the question with more bs that has nothing to do with the question in regards to your previous bs. :lol:

35. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Although i'm of the opinion that the deep ball isn't really "just" a Tannehill thing, as much as it is a Tanny-Wallace-Oline thing. They have all been the source of multiple miscues on deep passes in their own rights.

However, I agree with the overall notion that he doesn't fit, so the price tag for a misfit in the offense is not well reasoned at this point. Even though I wish we COULD keep him and somehow make it work.

resnor likes this.
  36. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Whatever the reason is its just not a good marriage. We arent getting rid of RT so im for trading Mike assuming we get decent value and draft a WR in rd 1. Hartline is a goner and rightfully so...need to fill the holes you create.

37. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. Trade him (if we can) because we have to, and Hopefully get some better hands while we are at it.

But i'm not just going to undermine the guys abilities or act like he doesn't have the talent to absolutely dominate on another offense, even with his shortcomings. Nor will I pretend 'no one in the league' would want him. Some in the thread give off that vibe, and it's laughable imho.

dolphin25, Fin-Omenal and cuchulainn like this.
  38. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    That's pretty much where I am with it. They both have their flaws, but Tannehill is more vital to the team than Wallace, so find him some receivers he can mesh with and hope the entire offense improves across the board.

MAFishFan likes this.
  39. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    10 touchdowns should be easy to replace with this high-flying offense.

Two steps backward, another two steps backward.

dolphin25 likes this.
  40. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Sometimes I wonder if the organization is trying to buy Philbin some more precious time at the HC spot by creating as many glaring needs as possible on the roster.