1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tanny took some snaps today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Quarterback Ryan Tannehill took a few snaps at Dolphins practice on Friday, but the return to the field for the first time since injuring his knee about a month ago won’t extend to Sunday’s game in Pittsburgh.

Tannehill will be inactive with Matt Moore remaining in the starting lineup, although a win over the Steelers would open the possibility that Tannehill could play in the divisional round against the Patriots. Tannehill said “it’s tough to say” how likely it is that things will play out that way at this point, but that he is making progress.

“It’s getting better every day. That’s what we’re working for — to be able to move, protect myself, to be able to move in the pocket, evade the rush,” Tannehill said, via the Miami Herald. “That’s what we’re working through — range of motion, strength and everything to make that possible.”

Tannehill added that his knee’s reaction to Friday’s work would help set up next steps and said surgery hasn’t been ruled out as a possibility for the offseason. He won’t have any hand in determining whether the offseason starts on Sunday, though, and that leaves a lot in the hypothetical column for the Dolphins quarterback.

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    This will be a tricky position for any coach or QB to be in. Getting past Pittsburgh would mean Tannehill has a shot to play at New England. But getting past Pittsburgh would also likely mean Moore played a hell of a game. I'm not here to spout any Moore > Tannehill stuff, but a healthy Matt Moore playing well might be the better play vs. still rusty / slightly gimpy Tannehill. Not to mention if there's any risk of further injury. Glad I'm not a head coach having to make decisions like this. Here's hoping they win and it's a decision that needs making.

3. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    to me this is important incase we advance, and have NE prep for both, knowing we would play Moore

4. TheOne

TheOne Active Member

Oct 14, 2016
    False hope

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Feline AIDS. You forgot to mention Feline AIDS.

7. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I think a win against Pittsburgh would be a sign that Ajayi and the run game got going.

8. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    This wouldn't be a tough decision, imo if we do beat the Steelers, MM is going to have to have a whale of a game, JayJay isn't going to be able to keep it low scoring, even if he has a good day, we are going to have to out score them.

The secondary is the most suspect part of their D, MM is going to have to hit some plays down field, no matter how good JayJay is, MM is going to have to play big.

So do you take out the QB with the hot hand, and go with the rusty QB who wasn't setting the world on fire when he last played?

I don't see how you could justify going back to RT at that point, it's not like he's Aaron Rodgers.

9. TheOne

TheOne Active Member

Oct 14, 2016
    That too, You got me.

10. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I think Tannehill "practicing" is just a facade. What's Miami's plan if he gets an RG3 type injury? We aren't a one seed like last year's Broncos, when they switched Manning for Osweiler in the AFCC. The reality is we are a 6 seed with the ominous task of playing the Pats next game. We have to build for next season. Nothing would be more frustrating than to fill the holes on this team at LB, Corner and DE and still have a glaring need at QB.

11. PhinsFan2000

PhinsFan2000 New Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Exactly! This is Moore's to ride out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk