1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TE Olsen not happy in Chicago

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phineas64, Mar 3, 2010.

1. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

2. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I do not believe he fits here for the exact same reason he doesn't fit in Chicago.
    This regime looks at the TE position primarily as a blocking position. Both Fasano and Haynos are good blocking TE's.

I think he is a great talent, just do not believe he fits into this regime's scheme.

3. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I don't know what his reputation as a blocker was before this year, but Haynos was HORRIBLE at blocking this year. He missed countless blocks and looked downright scared to get in a DE's way.

4. DearbornDolfan

DearbornDolfan Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Then explain David Martin. Fact is, we sorely missed having a pass receiving TE in 2009 and we need another. From what I'm hearing, the Fins are really interested in Dorin Dickerson and Jimmy Graham; neither have stellar reputations as blockers.

5. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I remember reading that the coachs want a pass catching TE which we really need

6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    This sounds familiar for some reason..

7. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    TE = Pitta from BYU.

8. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Since none of our current te's were good at pass catching, it seems to me that we need at least one who's good at it. And as pointed out earlier, Haynos wasn't blocking well last year, although he was better in 08. It should be easier to teach a guy to block than to catch and run faster. :yes:

Just wondering. I think for a low/mid pick we should at least check it out, but I'm just a fan. The football smart guys may think different.

9. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    If you look at profootballfocus.com, Haynos was actually pretty good as a run blocker, not so good as a pass blocker.

10. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Greg Olsen would fit want this regime wants in terms of a pass catcher and interference blocker. Look how much better the offense was with David Martin stretching the seam. I doubt Olsen gets traded but with the bears lacking picks it possibly could happen. Another name to keep an eye on is Marcedes Lewis. Underrated TE to me. I havent heard/read anything about Jax wanting to move him, just another name to throw out there.

11. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Isn't that the same web site that rated Haynos #21 of all tight ends in the NFL and Vernon Davis #57 out of 61 with only 4 tight ends being WORSE THAN DAVIS in the NFL???????:shifty:

12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Pass

13. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    One in the same. Its why you cant just look at stats and say this guy or this guy is good.