1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Identity?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Nov 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    All this talk about which QB should be starting, who is better (Bess/Hartline)(Williams /Brown), and all the other threads got me thinking, what is our identity?

Most teams have an identity

Example: Steelers or Ravens, you think big physical.

What are we?

I think one of the biggest problems with this team is we don't have an identity.

Yes, they want us to be big and physical, but yet they don't seem to really make a commitment to run the ball, a thing that physical teams do.

Henning is more suited for Penny? Last I saw successful coaches adapt to the personal they have, which clearly has not happened here.

What kind of team are we?

I can say we are physical, yet the defense still gives up way to many big drives in big spots.

We don't even try to run the ball.

What are we?

2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I thought we were a power running offense but apparently that ship has sailed and Henning is trying to be the Colts. The offense is not physical or at least they don't think they are or they would try to establish a running game. The offense is in limbo.
    As far as the defense hard to tell because there is so much youth which I like. I thought the front 7 as a whole would be a little more physical but we have played some real good teams thus far and the defense as a whole has been tested.
    The identity of this team was physical but for some odd reason it is trying to transition to finesse. So far it hasn't worked.

3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Sparano's biggest mistake was in summarily dismissing Grove & Smiley
    could have brought the bench into the game as they developed within the starting line-up
    we lost a tremendous amount of our physical game with their demise
    unfortunately, it showed up glaringly & immediately in the run game
    this new interior line-up simply has not consistently won the trench, failing to get the push on the opposition
    thus
    failing to create running lanes for one of the running top tandems in the NFL

on the Identity Question: the Orca-Five was the correct answer

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

One can't get a job in the NFL and the other is a back-up?

If both were playing and playing well, than I could agree, but cutting them has nothing to do with our problems.

5. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Let me ask you something, just for disussion. At this point, what, in your opinion are the top 3 teams that pound the rock. Off the top of your head, do not look up stats or that stuff, top three ground pounding NFL teams.

6. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    I do not believe its a problem like a lot of people think. There just be a method to the proposed madness.