1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Report from The SportXchange

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: HERE

Ohio Fanatic, 77FinFan and Bpk like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Narrowing down the questions.

1) will mccain and Tripp actually have roles in this defense come regular season.

2) ditto for Terrence Fede.

3) who takes the nickel while jones serves his suspension.

4) and whoever does take it, will he give it up when Jimmy Wilson comes back

5) who will be our left and right guard come patriot week.

I think that's about it in terms of question marks.

Larry Little likes this.
  3. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    6) Will any RB step up and play like he wants to be a starting RB in the NFL

4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Moreno, miller, Thomas..pretty much a done deal Larry..

5. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Did that make sense to anyone? Is Davis playing the slot when he comes in or staying outside with Finnigan going inside?

6. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Good catch. The author obviously went a little TMI and confused not only himself, but the audience.

What we do know:

Finnegan plays the outside or slot position when Davis comes in. Davis plays the outside or slot position when he comes in, along WITH Finnegan. Taylor is a former 2nd round pick who seemed to hold some kind of position on the team last week.

DID WE RELEASE TAYLOR???

7. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I don't think it's a done deal... at all. We'll be drafting a RB high next year, IMO. We don't have a real threat at that position. We just have a bunch of below-to-average guys.

Through the preseason so far, our RBs have looked pretty bad, and it isn't the blocking up front all the time. The RBs have looked hesitant. The runs in this offense are designed to get the defense to over-commit, and then use cutback lanes to exploit the open areas. I saw cutback lanes against the Bucs, and the RBs were not using them. Now, if the coaches told the RBs not to use cutback lanes in the preseason for tactical reasons, that's fine.

We'll see what happens in the regular season, but, as of right now, I don't think we have any real threat at RB.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I meant for this 53 man roster,I think it's a done deal,I didn't say anything about personally being happy, but I do think the Morenos addition is an upgrade to our unit, and I do believe miller is an improved player from last year..

9. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah, they'll make the roster. It isn't like there are/were any other options. The staff was forced to address other positions in the draft, which I agree were more pressing. So, this is where we're at.

Over Daniel Thomas, yes, Moreno is definitely an upgrade. Prob a slight upgrade over Miller at this point, too. He's a good all-around back. He's not been a game-changer, but, he's a good player.

As for Miller, I certainly hope he's improved over last year because he's been underwhelming up to this point. Earlier, Miller said he spoke with LeSean McCoy about playing RB in this offense and I thought maybe... just maybe... Miller gets it now. However, through 2 preseason games... he's still underwhelming. The guy has so many physical tools in his arsenal... yet he plays with zero smarts and zero heart. I don't know how to say it other than... he plays like he has to think too hard, and he has trouble getting those thoughts to his body.

But, it's just preseason. We'll see what happens when the games get real. Hopefully, I'm wrong about Miller.

10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Him being Improved from last year means I'm relatively speaking..he's playing with a bit more juice, and consciousness to go strait upfield, that might translate into some more production, the scheme itself will get him space to work, but if he starts dropping passes, watch out, demotion time, if the scheme and Qb get you the ball in space you better catch and run your *** off..