1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ted Ginn is getting slammed by CJ and N Washington

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Dec 18, 2009.

Ted Ginn will have what kind of game this weekend?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2009.
  1. Ginn will disappear

14 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Ginn will play at a high level

51 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. Same as usual

53 vote(s)
    44.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ted Ginn is being seriously disrespected by the Titans Chris Johnson and Nate Washington, of that there can be little doubt:

http://www.titansonline.com/media-c...shington/0d17cd6f-8c12-4d25-ac04-3a7aeaafebdf

Now my question is, will Ted Ginn come out and have a great game in phinsfans opinion, or will he wilt?

For me, and I've said this all season, when Ted Ginn has dirt thrown on him that is when he responds with a great game, perhaps a intensity issue, maybe a personality issue, but hearing all week from Chris Jonson and now Nate Washington, if Ginn has any pride whatsoever he should respond with a great game.

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I don't think he is being disrespected. In fact, I think Nate didn't say anything that we haven't seen.

And he didn't bring it up, the reporter did. And he is right, until you establish yourself in this league, you have nothing to say.

Now I don't think Ginn said that, it was CJ that started it, but that's not Washingtons fault.

dolphan117 and Disnardo like this.
  3. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I'll state it here that I have grown to have very little respect for Ginn as a player.

He's as tough as a piece of nose tissue.
    The alligator arms, tentativeness over the middle, refusing to turn inside for what clearly looks like fear of taking on a tackle, the kick return last week where he collapsed and fell backwards with a tackler moving towards him.

I think these guys will get physical with him and he'll be invisible all game.
    He may get a deep ball thrown to him but other than that you won't see him.

phins17, SICK, cdz12250 and 6 others like this.
  4. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Let's hope he has a career day (in a positive way)...

5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The Tennessee pass D is pretty weak, so Ginn may have a big play.

But I'll put it like this, if I were to get into a bar fight, there are a lot of guys I'd rather have with me before Ted Ginn.

phins17, cdz12250, 2socks and 6 others like this.
  6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Teddy Ginn would be great in a bar fight, he would know the way out the back door...:lol:

If people will recall, Ginn had that terrible game against the Saints, and was thrashed by pretty much anyone who was Dolphins fan, he responded the next week with 2 TD on kickoff returns.

SICK, eric and Idahophin like this.
  7. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Ginn never called out Chris Johnson. The media is just being their normal scumbag selves, twisting things into what they are not. So what if they talked about racing in the offseason? That is not the same as calling someone out during the week you are facing them in the NFL.

8. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Ok, so Nate Washington can't disrespect Ginn, but you can? Last time I checked, he's still a Dolphin; and we wouldn't be in the playoff hunt without his contributions this season.

Anonymous, Jackson, Disnardo and 11 others like this.
  9. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I think there is merit in Padre's observation.

After the Saints game, Ginn endured a lot of put-downs and came out with a stellar performance. A STFU performance.

If he is insulted enough, he actually gets annoyed. Lack of aggression and fear usually hamper his game. When he plays angry, he ATTACKS the ball , opponents and open space in a way he usually does not.

I only pray he is irritted enough to respond. He certainly sounded annoyed earlier in the week when asked about the rumours and trash talk.

Come on Ted, show us you're a man with some pride!

TiP54, eric, dolfan7171 and 2 others like this.
  10. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Really insightful and original comment. Nobody has said anything like that about Ginn before.

11. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Nate should heed his own advice. Based on his career he is in no positoin to comment on Ginn, or saying "Who is he, what has he done....etc." or "unless you're consistenet, you shouldn't say anything." What have you done Nate, 416 yards on the year? Best year 631 yards. Plus Ginn didn't say anything, it was all C. Johnson.

And yes, he did disrespect Ginn. He could've easily say that this is being blown out of proportion and he is only focusing on the game, like Ginn did (classy by the way). Instead, he took personal shots at him.

Either way, let them talk.

http://www.nfl.com/players/natewashington/profile?id=WAS587797

12. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I dont think the staff will call his name enough for him to have a big day
    If they decide to go deep i would rather see Hartline or Cam be the ones receiving the few attempts on a intentional deep route. Just sayin.

Given that it would be nice to see Ginn have a good day if he has another one to give.

resnor, dolfan7171 and gunn34 like this.
  13. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well, he said he didn't know anything about it, and the reporter said he called out CJ, so he was backing up his player. (we know CJ started it)

So no, I don't think he did anything wrong.

And if Ginn wants those personal shots as you call them to stop, then he needs to start playing more consistent. He didn't say anything that was not true.

Hey, I hope Ginn catches 10 balls for 200 yards, but Washington didn't say anything that hasn't been said on this site 2 million times.

14. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    That sword cuts in both directions this year.

SICK, sking29, cdz12250 and 2 others like this.
  15. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    "he doesnt even want to be touched. i watch it on film"

i HATE the fact that we have a player on the Miami Dolphins that the whole league can laugh at and think hes completely soft

SICK, eric and gunn34 like this.
  16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, Ginn is a dolphin, we are dolphins fans, Washington is a titan and cannot say a damn thing about our players.

Notice they are not exactly concerned that Ted Ginn might get excited and put some extra effort in this week, they simply call him out with absolutely no concern for that improving Ginn's performance.

That is coming from a fellow NFL player, not just a fan.

Ginn handles kickoffs so whether his number is called in the passing game or not, he can make an impact on returns, it is up to him to do so.

17. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    Have you guys been watching the games? Ginn has played well on what he is asked to do, I saw a deep pass thrown to Bess last week that Ginn would have caught, Bess fumbles on punt returns and drops passes and he gets a pass yet Ginn does a nice job and he's still in the outs.
    Camarillo delivered against the Jags but Bess disappeared.

Fin-Omenal, resnor and gafinfan like this.
  18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Nate's got a point. But Ginn didn't say anything at all about CJ, so there was really nothing to defend on that front. Guess Nate just felt like talking about nothing.

19. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Ginn will disappear

Same as usual

Aren't they both the same thing?

20. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    I sure would like to see him take a couple to the house this week.

Tone_E likes this.
  21. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I've just seen Ginn respond in situations such as this to often to just discount him, his teammates have rallyed around him including leaders like JP and JT.

22. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I don't care how bad our own player is, you talk about someone in my family, even if I agree with you, I'm taking up arms against you. Same with my team.

Seeing dolphins fans who would rather dump on our own player then hope he has a good game because we're in a playoff push, makes me :pity:. Before yall say you have a right to do so, I never said you didn't. Still :tantrum:

23. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Ted Knight maybe (Den, where's your Ted Knight bobbler).
    -
    Interesting thene going on, if it takes pissing Ginn to get going, I am calling Sparano to order the players take turns pissing in his cheerios come game day.

WharfRat, Stringer Bell and padre31 like this.
  24. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The two aren't mutually exclusive. I can rail on Ginn and still hope he has a good game.

Coral Reefer and padre31 like this.
  25. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    According to the witness accounts from the papers, those at the "party" that this all started at apparently claim that Ginn was the one making claims about being the fastest in the NFL, not Chris Johnson. The "race" was Johnson's idea to dispute Ginn's claims. Ginn didn't show, and well.... The rest, we all know. Frankly, I think this is all much ado about nothing. Who cares?

Will Ted Ginn have a big game? He might be going out there wanting to have one, but I'm willing to guess with the mental fragility he has, one big hit followed by some trash talk might slow or calm Ginn down a bit.

Everyone that cites Ginn's bounceback performance from the Saints seems to forget that Ginn blew up on ST, not at wide receiver. Ginn had 2 catches for 57 yards the week after the Saints game. Granted he had a TD, but I wouldn't call that dominating, redeeming, or breakthrough. His receiving day was made to look much better because he had two KR TD's that were both very impressive.... Pretty much everyone's beef with Ginn are his WR traits, not his return abilities. I think at this point we're all "satisfied" with his returns.

Personally, I would like to see him step up his receiving game. No, he did not "prove" this after the Saints game. i'm still waiting for him to have a breakout game against a team other than Buffalo. If he hits 100 yards and a touch, receiving, against Tennessee - I will be one of the first to congratulate him.

PhiNomina likes this.
  26. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Lets see if Nate Washingtons scrawny *** comes over the middle to take some hits from our LBs/Safeties....He talks a lot of **** from a WR who has yet to prove a name for himself either. Especially considering that Ginn was being respectful the whole time talking about focusing on the game. Does Nate want to know what Ginn has done? He set an NFL record this year for 100yd Kickoff returns. So now I would like to hear what Nate Washington has done?

27. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Who cares if he blows up at ST or WR? If he gets us to the 50 yard line on a return that's how much less our offense has to go? Every yard after the 15 or so on a return is essentially less yards our offense has to get, and we all know how hard yards are to come by in this league.

Phinz420 and Stringer Bell like this.
  28. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    i think you guys care way to much about people thinking you're tough.

29. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    we can only expect what we've come to expect from Ginn .... hope that he gets us good field position on KRs ... and maybe a pass or 2, anything more is just unrealistic.

30. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    The few passes he has caught since his slump have been huge. A lot of them for key first downs we need.

31. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Man... Ginn hasnt talked **** about this whole thing at all. Porter is talking... not Ginn.

Phinz420 likes this.
  32. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I would love to see Ginn have a great game at WR but I don't see it happening. He doesn't fit our style of offense. We've been incredibly conservative up until the last two weeks - with last week being the first time I've seen us open up and go down the field consistently. If we come out with a similar gameplan as we did in the 2nd half last week I think Ginn could have a decent day at WR, but if we play our normal style offense he will have his normal 2-3 catches.

*Note - not saying he is amazing and can't flourish in our offense - just saying that even Desean Jackson wouldn't put up huge numbers in our offense.

33. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    That's if G. Wilson does not bite on the play fake! :sad:

34. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    This should fire up a lot more Dolphins than just Ginn. He's being disrespected no matter how you look at it. You know our team is close enough with each other that they will be fired up by that, so thank you Titans. You think Joey Porter isn't motivated by this?

I expect Ginn to play well, and if he is given the opportunities he will have a big day. The last few weeks he hasn't gotten many touches, but he has played well with the ones he has. If he gets a few more touches this week he'll have a great game, but no one can return a kickoff at will.

Nate Washington is just an idiot. Ginn had about 800 yards last season while Washington's career high, even while having 2 more seasons in the NFL is 631. What an ignorant douchebag.

It's also coming from an NFL player who sounds completely ignorant about his opponent. Regardless of his inconsistency, Ginn is a threat. If you can't recognize that, you are unprepared in my opinion.

PhiNomina likes this.
  35. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Would not surprise me if we went vertical with TG at least once, Sparano seems to me to be the type who wants to see how his players respond to a challenge.

36. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    I can agree with this. I alluded to this in my "mentally fragile" post. I think if he can make the first big-play and show some emotional resilience to the trash-talking, he can have a good game. I think if the Titans get the first "big" hit on him, or play, he can pull a Moss and mentally "check out".

I do not think we'll see Ginn "blow up" in this game. I'd predict 3-4 catches, ~60 yards in receiving. Averaging about 29 yards in the kick return game. Just guessing.

37. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach

U can never assume that ginn would have caught that ball he surprises us every week sometime in good way but mostly in the bad ways, and that has come to be expected...that is why ginn is still "on the outs" and bess isnt.

38. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ted Ginn is on the outs because he was drafted 9th. Davone Bess isn't because he was not drafted.

resnor, Stitches and PhiNomina like this.
  39. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Unfortunately Bess does the same - putting the ball on the ground 5 times and having 6 drops this year.

2k5 likes this.
  40. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    We keep putting that first Jet game in a pedestal this season. Yes he had one fantastic catch, but where was he before that?

He had one other catch in the game for four yards and one punt return for 32 yards.

Granted that was a huge touchdown, but that was as much a team success as his own.

He didn't even have the longest reception of the day, that was Williams at 59 and his catch and run took a lot more skill.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but that first game he is being given too much credit after all three other guys got into the end zone for scored just as significant as his.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.