1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teen Outsmarts Doctors In Science Class

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Fin D, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/us_world/Teen-Outsmarts-Doctors-In-Sciene-Class.html?yhp=1

Question: How does one get a sample of their own intestinal tissue?

Coral Reefer and gafinfan like this.
  2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    unluckyluciano, gafinfan and Fin D like this.
  3. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Fin D likes this.
  4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    It took two years and my nearly croaking for them to discover I have a hyperactive thyroid.,.

gafinfan and Fin D like this.
  5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Fin D and unluckyluciano like this.
  6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
  7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    It's very sad but this in FACT is not a rare instance.
    You can find tons of stories and a regular basis of misdiagnosed problems.
    Some of them so simple that a Dr. simply putting in the effort to order some pretty standard tests would have solved "the mystery".

I had an itchy scabbed area the size of a quarter on my hand for over a year.
    I went to Dr.s concerned that this was skin cancer. Time and time again, from 5 different doctors over that time I was told it was not skin cancer.
    I was told it was an allergic reation, a fungus, a parasite and a severe rash but all of them when I asked if it was Skin cancer said no it wasn't.

Finally I went to yet another dr. since this thing was never dissapearing and upon the 6th Dr. visit I was told that my initial suspicions were true, that it was skin cancer. It wasn't a malignant kind, it was finally removed and the problem was solved. Thank God it wasn't malignant though. Can you imagine of it was and Doctors allowed me to walk around with this problem for over a year?

Everyone NEEDS to get second opinions no matter what one doctor may tell you.

Fin D likes this.