1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teeth

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Nappy Roots, Apr 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    So i had 2 fillings done yesterday on the same side of my mouth. one to the top, another to the bottom. they told me not to eat anything on that side of my mouth for the rest of the day. i said cool, go home, was drinking some water, and seemed like a tiny bit of the filling fell out. but i was like whatever, but now a day later both of the team seem sensitive, if i drink anything cold or anything like that....does it generally take a couple days to heal or what?

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I have no experience with this at all, but I'd give the dentist a call to see whats up. I mean if it is a problem on their end they will be more likely to take care of it with less charge the sooner you contact them. If you wait they may try and pull some 'wear and tear' type crap.

3. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    yea im going to give it through tonight, if not better tomorrow im going to give them a call....

4. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    im afriad to do anything with the teeth though, eat on them or anything like that...

5. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Your teeth are generally sensitive after receiving fillings, especially if you had two done. You'll want to give it a week or so, and the sharp tingling feeling should generally subside. I've had fillings done and it always takes awhile for things to get back to normal. I was like you, and freaked out a bit the next day.

As I understand it the reason for this is because you've got raw nerve endings exposed to the filling ... and the filling is a lot less dense than tooth, so certain sensations are carried directly to the nerve endings.

anlgp and Nappy Roots like this.
  6. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    so you think it is OK now to eat and everything on that side, its just going to be sensitive?

7. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Yep. It will suck for awhile because the nerves have to readjust to the sensations (both hot and cold). Try to avoid getting food over on that side, and you should be fine.

Oh, and you may have some of the filling fall out or off, that's normal as well. The filling will feel really rough in your mouth, and as it's smoothed out it's natural for some grit to get knocked off.

8. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    they should have the fillings polished down to a level where the nerves arent effected. there shouldnt be any discomfort after a day or two. sometimes they leave the filling too high, an it effects your nerves. it hurts like hell.

these days though, fillings are real quick, and you can be eating on them in a matter of hours. at least with the dentists by me.

9. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    what?! dude, when were you last at the dentist, 1946 ?

10. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I dunno, lol ... when I had my last filling done it felt really rough in my mouth ... and it took like a week or two for it to get smoothed out.

11. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    you got butchered my friend. its happened to me too. these days, practically as you walk out the dentists door, its supposed to be the finished product.

bg34 likes this.