1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell me, does this make sense?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Silverphin, May 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Check this out:

A couple of days ago, I get a notice in the mail saying I overdrafted on my checking out and I was getting docked from my already negative balance, puttng my balance about about negative 48 bucks. Thing is, I hadn't used my ATM card in a long while. Fine then. I called the bank so I could get to the bottom of the situation. So what was the situation?

You see one day, I swung by the ATM at school to find out how much money I had in the account. I had about $1.20 left. So I decided to go to the campus corner store to get some pop tarts for 80 cents, leaving the account with about 40 cents left (keep in mind, I can keep one penny in the account indefinitely without overdrafting) and I haven't used the card since. So, all this time, I thought I had 40 cents in account and left my card alone since I have no income whatsoever. Problem was, I got an extra 1.00 hold on my account by the company that runs the cornerstore one top of the 80 cents I was charged, causing me to overdraft. Basically, I got charged 1.80 for an 80 cents product.

I talked with a lady over the phone, who was rather nice. Problem arises when I get to Revenue recovery. After explaining the situation to the RR rep. They gave me the option to charge back half of the overdraft charge (the overdraft charge is 35.00 bucks) on the condition I put the account back in the positive. The problem? Apparently, it didn't occur to the lady that the reason why there was only 40 cents left in the account is because I couldn't get 50 bucks out of the blue. I basically get reprimanded before I just hung up and the cash from my mom.

Rant over....

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

stores charge a fee to process your card information that is why a lot of them require you to make $X amount of dollar purchases.