1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ILPhinFan88, Jun 10, 2008.

1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Fox has announced that it is re-airing first season episodes of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" in August:

Take back the first season of TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES (T:SCC) this August on FOX. Beginning Sunday, Aug. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), encore episodes of the entire first season of T:SCC will air Sunday through Wednesday from 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The action-packed season finale cliff-hanger that left Cameron's fate unknown will air Sunday, Aug. 24 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

The Season One reboot kicks off the countdown to the Season Two premiere Monday, Sept. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES reveals what happens when Sarah (Lena Headey) stops running and goes on the offensive against an ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying her life, and perhaps the world. Her son, 16-year-old John Connor (Thomas Dekker), is only now taking steps towards embracing his destiny as the future savior of mankind. John finds himself caught between his fearless protector, the sexy but sweet cyborg CAMERON (Summer Glau), and his uncle DEREK REESE (Brian Austin Green) who refuses to accept Cameron as an ally. Former FBI agent JAMES ELLISON (Richard T. Jones) has been transformed into a believer. Accepting Sarah's reality that "no one is ever safe," he's now bent on figuring out his role in this ever-evolving fate.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=45819

2. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Can't wait for the new season. That show kicks ***.

3. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Actually I kinda thought the show got canned

4. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Nope. Got renewed, thank God.

5. H.Moody

H.Moody Junior Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Los Angeles,Ca.
    me too. It's good to know it'll be back on.Lena Headey is hot,she was in 300 remember.

6. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Yeah. She's like Linda Hamilton...only the exact opposite.

Lena Headley is hot, Summer Glau is insanely hot, and there's gunplay and time-traveling robots. How did this show have to struggle for renewal?!?

I have always felt the best thing for this show would be to use it as a bridge to the 4th Terminator movie, thus making it essentially a 3-year program. The crossover marketing would be big, and it would allow them to tidy up the series nicely. Of course, they care more about the first part of that than the second, but still.

7. The show suffered from not getting re-newed almost cause of the writer strike. Even shows like Prison Break were threatened cause of the strike but instead have been picked up. I'm kinda glad it's still on cause not too many shows nowadays deal in the sci-fi futuristic aspect of things. I've never seen Battlestar but apparently it's a great show.

8. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Can't wait, I loved it.

9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Glad they are re-showing the first season before season two. Hopefully some people who weren't paying attention will realize what a great show this is.

Lena Headley in 300 looks completely different than Lena Headley in Terminator, IMO. Both hot though.

10. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    This is my favorite show. Summer Glau is a goddess.

11. phunwin

Bad news, fellow Terminator fans (and if the ratings are any indication, I think there's only about 2 or 3 of you): there's a report, which seems fairly credible, that the show has been canceled effective at the end of this season.

This, sadly, can't possibly be a surprise. The ratings have been downright awful ever since the move to FOX's Friday Night Timeslot of Doom. Of course, in FOX's defense, the ratings weren't so hot before that.

I said when this show was announced, and again when it was renewed (see above) that the way to do it was set it up as a segue to Terminator: Salvation. Sci-fi shows generally have a limited shelf life, and a show like this would have an even more limited shelf life. After all, movies that get turned into TV shows generally don't do well. (The lone exception that comes to mind would be MASH.) Instead, they basically pretended that Terminator 3 never happened, and set themselves up for a continuity problem with the upcoming movie. Then they took an action/sci-fi show and limited the action in too many episodes. I'm all for character development, but how many scenes did we need of Riley being a pain in the ***, or Ellison's incessant hand-wringing about life, God, the future, etc.?

Still, I loved the show, and it definitely had more good points than bad, even if it was mishandled. Maybe CW or someone else will pick it up, but that seems unlikely.

12. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Man that is bad news but it isn't suprising after the kiss of death time slot change. I also agree with you on the excessive character development.

I agree hopefully someone like CW will pick it up. They seem to do a good job with "Supernatural" (my wife's favorite). Maybe there will be increased interest in a show once T4 comes out.

The other downside to the show being cancelled. I don't get to see goddess Summer Glau.

13. Cosmic

Cosmic Social Disease

Dec 10, 2007
    This sucks. Since I, too, like to pretend T3 never happened, I have no problem with the continuity thing-and I have enjoyed the series so far. Guess I'll have to buy the Blu-Rays so I can keep Summer going all the time...

14. phunwin

Oh man, I will definitely miss Summer and those half-mile long legs of hers. She's gorgeous.

I hope CW, or Sci-Fi, or someone else picks it up, but that very seldom happens. The fact that it's a name franchise helps, and both those channels are short on programming, but it's not like it's a show where the ratings were good and FOX canceled it unfairly. The ratings flat out suck and as much as I hate it, I can't blame FOX in the least for letting the ax fall.

15. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Awww, dammit.

16. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    It's a shame.

But a show can only be so dark; this one is so unrelentingly dark that it's no wonder it can't appeal to a wider audience; especially today, when real life is pretty dark as it is and folks are looking for even a glimmer of hope anywhere they can get it.

It really is too bad. By all rights a franchise like this should have been a gold mine.

17. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i love this show! i also love heroes!

18. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Dang it!

I blame myself, really. I took Summer out of my sig to celebrate some dead guy and look what happens!

NaboCane likes this.
  19. phunwin

You know what? That's dead-nuts-on. And I feel stupid because I had a similar theory years before. Remember The Drew Carey Show? Obviously, it wasn't dark, but you have a protagonist who's supposed to resemble everyman, you can only kick him so many times before you cut him a break. Every time Drew would get somewhere, he'd lose what he had and be back to his crappy life with his alcoholic idiot friends. And ultimately, people stopped watching the show. Same theory applies, although ABC got a lot more years out of Drew Carey than FOX did from TSCC.