1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrel Suggs out for the season?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by padre31, Nov 17, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is a loss for the Ravens, I'd guess Paul Kruger would replace him.

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    smart move quinn. take out the knee of a linebacker you will face twice a year. i would love to be quinn's insurance agent right now

ToddsPhins likes this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

If it is a defensive player that was tackled was he really defenseless?

late again likes this.
  4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    That's what I am wondering.
    I will say this, Suggs is DEFINATELY one of the dirtiest players in the league.
    Could just be Karma catching up with him.

5. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba

Did you see the play.....It was DIRTY

Browns turn ot over and Suggs is going upfield to block and Quinn takes him out at the knees....He got a 15 yard penalty on the play

GISH and padre31 like this.
  6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    sanchez is another one that has a reputation for going after knees on his interceptions. these foolish rooks lol

7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I saw it live. You can call it a dirty play.

That said, I don't think Quinn intended to hurt Suggs. You see QB's do this all the time. Favre did it in preseason. Remember Sage ended Mel Mitchell's season in the last preseason game several years ago. Trent Green's tenure in Miami ended that way in Houston.

They're not used to blocking and their instinct is to go low. Quinn knew he ****ed up almost immediately.

GISH likes this.
  8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    A bit of an update:

Suggs;s game is speed though...

9. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i just watched it on the highlights. i think quinn was upset about throwing the pick, not about hurting suggs. he probably didnt even know suggs was hurt at that time.

10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Quinn already made the statement he was upset about it on the field. He said he didn't mean to hurt Suggs.

Can a QB ever deliver a "cheap shot?" A dumb shot maybe, but to be cheap it would have to be, in my opinion, premeditated, which is almost impossible for a QB because how often do they plan on throwing an INT so they can deliver a good hit on a defender? A dumb block, for sure. Regrettable, but cheap implies malice. Not sure that exists.

That said, forgive me if I don't shed a tear for a raven's defensive player, as they are the dirtiest unit in the league. Remember Ed Reed bending Chris Johnson backward at the end of a play last year in the playoffs? Lewis? No pity from me. Even though I don't wish harm on them.

11. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Now I'll definitely be watching the next game!! No friggin way Balt's defense forgets this!! Quinn's gonna have to bring his mommy onto the field to help protect him.

I think I'd rather diddle an Aryan Nation member's little sister than be in Brady's shoes. ;)