1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrell Sinkfield (WR - UNI) runs 4.19 at Minnesota Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by GridIronKing34, Mar 4, 2013.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    He's a fairly talented wide receiver out of the University of Northern Iowa that I think would be worth a look in the 7th round or as an undrafted free agent. He seemed to be one of UNI's few playmakers at the wide out position the past few years. I wouldn't expect him to be a future NFL starter but I think his speed warrants a team giving him a look during the summer. His numbers don't stand out (28 rec, 454 yds, 6 TD in 2011, 43 rec, 499 yds, 4 TD in 2012) but in 2011 UNI had a run-first quarterback who wasn't a huge threat at passing and in 2012 UNI had a freshman quarterback starting in their toughest schedule in school history (played two or three top-ten ranked FCS schools at the time as well as two Big 10 schools, Iowa & Wisconsin, in their first six games) so not exactly ideal situations to be in.

Here is the link for more.

Here is a highlight video of Sinkfield's 2011 season that is pretty crappy quality (even worse music) but it's something.

A few guys I know do a TV show about UNI Athletics that airs on our NBC affiliate; here is a feature they did this year on Sinkfield.

MrClean and Bpk like this.
  2. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I think that clock was broke.

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

- doesn't look that fast. Not pulling away from anyone
    - surprisingly poor YAC
    - QB had no arm anD underthrew every deep ball, so maybe that's why his deep speed was not showcased
    - pretty nice body control on his catches.. But these are highlight, I need to see all his snaps to see the downside

Dunno. Need to see more, but the speed doesn't show... Maybe because he has poor acceleration, but good top speed? Or maybe he is track fast only.

4. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Oh my god was that show awful

5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The Fox Sports North girls approve this thread.

[​IMG]

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Marquise Goodwin ran the same damn thing except at the Combine in a more controlled setting, and he's actually been a good football player at Texas.

7. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I never claimed him to be a future all star but just worth a look... if we can give Les Brown a tryout then I see no reason why Sinkfield shouldn't get a chance. I said why I felt he deserved a chance beyond the numbers too.

Was the time off by a tenth of a second? Probably but its newsworthy because this is a kid few people have heard of on this forum outside me because I work on UNI's broadcast team.

Da 'Fins, MrClean and Bpk like this.
  8. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    a tenth? try 2 to 3 tenths if it's coaching staff doing the hand timing

9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Heard a scout say he timed in the high 4.3's. Plenty fast. Not nearly as sexy as the 4.19 you hear advertised.

Do we sign every UDFA small school wide receiver that runs in the high 4.3's?

10. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Did I say we did? Just that the kid deserves a chance from one team. I don't see why this is a big deal that I think that. I have watched him for a few years now and he stood out given the offense he is in. This story just gives him some hype so people will take a look.

11. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    It wasn't even at UNI's Pro Day. He's from Minnesota so I assume that's why he worked out there.

12. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

GIK, I'm not writing him off and appreciate your thread. He's not leaping out at me, though. UDFA is probably about right. How are his special teams contributions?

I'm curious, what did you see in watching him play over the last few years that stood out to you? (I'm not saying this like 'because you're wrong', I'm genuinely curious)

13. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    One guy timed him high 4.3's all 3 times.

14. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    He was bailing out our old quarterback Rennie a lot; if a play was made it seemed like it was him (last year) or our freshman tight end (this year) in the passing game. He just looked like he had some raw talent to work with and a solid work ethic. I think he would be a good player to bring in as an undrafted free agent but I'm not sitting here saying he's the next Marques Colston (7th round pick to Pro Bowl WR) or anything like that.

I think his 40 time should get him a little bit of publicity which may help him become a late round draft pick... who knows. UNI has produced some decent NFL players as of late (generally offensive linemen) so it's not like he is from some unknown school.

15. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I read there were several scouts there. The NFL.com article said the first run was listed at 4.27 and they asked him to run again - and he ran the 4.19.

But, if he ran in the 4.3's on the third run then either the guy's timing is off or it was a stunning 4.3+ because he stumbled. The article I read indicated he stumbled on the third run and was clocked at 4.41.

I think his highlights show he doesn't run very hard on his routes. He does do a good job catching the ball but it also looked like the QB could not really get him the ball very deep.

Late rounder though - he's worth a shot with that speed and height (6'1).