1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas v Alabama National Title Game thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Jan 7, 2010.

1. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I love the part where he intimates that you don't spend any time keeping track of the NFL. Priceless. Gold, Jerry. Solid gold.

Yew tayke that anglish sheite outta heer, wut wit yer multi-whatchamahoozits an fancy wards.

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    A canoe?

Rule Brittania, Brittania rules the waves...

:lol::lol:

Well, with Bebe Thomas officially declaring if he runs a decent 40 the large Wr class just got an addition.

All these Jr.'s coming out really is making the draft choc a bloc full of talent.

I sort of expect McClain to run an average 40 and shuttle time.

3. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    We used to do a lot of biking up there, kayaks, signed up for white water rafting the Kennebec and the Penobscot rivers.

Did you ever go to that one really big, old style movie theater that smelled super musty? It was a while ago, that's one of the places that stick out in my memory.

Oh and the Cadillac Mountain downhill biking trip at dawn. They give you these ancient looking three-wheel bikes with super heavy duty breaks installed on them so that you're safe. They'd take you to the top of the mountain and all you do is ride downhill, never really have to pedal. At some points you're going as fast as 45 mph. When you get to a level point they'd load the bikes back on a trailer, drive you to the next downhill and then set you off again. Of course my family are generally crazy so we somehow convinced them to give us regular mountain bikes instead of the three-wheelers. Not smart. You go even faster, and you don't have great breaks. All of us nearly whiped out but none of us actually did so there's that.

4. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

:huh1: Wait a minute...that kinda sounds like how I talk! :blush:

:lol:

5. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    No. Never did any of that! We went to the Bangor State Fair which was an eye opener and spent quite a bif ot time in and around the huge national park that's there.

Didn't go to the movie theatre either. My missus might have done though as she used to stay there all the time with work.

6. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Boom got told to go watch Soccer!!! LOL! (We are kicking your *** Boom, come June 12th BTW)

Okay...for some substance...

Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry. The last two Safeties that got picked in the top 6. I saw both of their careers. WOW was an understatement to describe their careers. berry is slated for the Bucs at #3 in a majority of the mocks.

Eric Berry.

I DON'T SEE IT.

How is he in their caliber?

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Alright I just grabbed the 20 minute power nap in the bathroom stall of my employment building....crazy I know, it was the only place I could....ahh where did we leave off...

Demaryius Thomas is coming out, love the size....Boomer any speed?? so tired of 25.1 YPC this year WTF?!?!?

8. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Really? You don't see the same ability in Berry as you do Landry at LSU? I think Berry has been hands down better at Tennessee than Landry was at LSU.

9. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    So do I. Much better.

But then I only watch soccer. Sean Taylor was great at UM but Berry is IMO a better technician and a better ballhawk. Loved Taylor though.

Finyank - reported 4.6 speed. But what I like about Thomas is this; YPC is high in an triple option offense and when they throw, EVERYONE knows who's getting it.

finyank13 likes this.
  10. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I quickly edited my post but didnt beat you to the response. I added "(not factoring age)", b/c the point was who was the better player right now.

And Bell is the better player right now, no question. If you and I cant agree on that, we will just have to agree to disagree. And thats not me overrating Bell as a Fin fan or anything, as I think he is solid to good. But Whitner just isnt a good player, and especially not worth a top 10 pick, for the lack of impact he makes...

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Iam not sure those body types are the prototypes anymore..I think thomas and berry show, the ability to cover and use their speed to cross the formation with lighting reaction and quickness, is taking prescendence {especially with the rules}.after all, the name of the game is covering the field as fast as you can...Both these players show that AND an aggression in the run game.

Eric berry, earl thomas are new breed of saftey

12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    ehhh 4.6....seems similiar to Pat Turner...body, size, speed....probably a good high ball guy, although from what I understand Pat Turner maybe as dumb as a bag of rocks.....

Boom whats the skinny on Beckham mate?? you watch soccer, how many times is he putting up 2-2-5? lolololol you dont have to answer that...

13. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Thomas is bigger bodily and stronger aand he seems to get off press unlike Pat.

Beckham as in David Beckham? 2-2-5? That's a pretty strange formation. And where's the other player?

14. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Ah wait...225lbs?

15. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Thoughts on Quentin Moses play this year? I thought he looked slimmer and more comfortable for the very little he played. I wonder if they held onto him for a reason.

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    lmao!

17. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Don;t get me wrong. It is obvious to me that Berry is going to be a good Pro.

But Sean Taylor...forget about it...IMO, the best overall defensive draft prospect of the last 10 years.

As for LaRon Landry, what I remember from his career, was his game changing hits and his constant intimidating play against the run especially. berry is a hiter as well.....But landry would assault the line of scrimmage relentlessly. probably the biggest hitter in the secondary (college) since Roy Williams. What a tackler.

Berry is just very good at doing everything...not GREAT at any of it.

The bright side...if we are forced to take him (trust me..if he drops to #12..I know we MUST take him) we fix the FS spot.

18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think iam one of the few who still like the player and still see a ceilling, In preseason he looked like a different player to me, which was the player that flashed in the steeler game, he's got quickness and some athleticism off the edge, ive seen him several times burst off the edge and either make the tackle, or mimmick the qb's moves and rush the throw..I like em, he's got good size and his body is only getting better. I think he's a solid training camp sleeper. Hope he's in the gym, his carreer depends on it imo.

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    LaRon Landry tends to get undisciplined in coverage and likes to make the big time hits that are borderline illegal it seems. Kind of reminds me of this years Taylor Mays. Both outstanding athletes too.

20. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I am with you in that I think he can still turn into something good. I wouldn't go into camp depending on him, but I don't think it would be impossible to be a very solid contributor next year.

21. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I was talking about their College careers as it compares to Berry.

22. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    My bad, my post wasn't directed at you. It was just kind of a random post lol.

23. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    hahah yeah benching 225...