1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TFY Seven Round Mock Already????

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Zanno, Nov 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Zanno

Zanno Junior Member

Apr 8, 2008
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Well, it looks about as ugly as you'd expect of an insanely early 7 round mock.

1. DE Everson Griffen, USC
    2. TE Anthony McCoy, USC
    3. NT Dan Williams, Tennessee
    4. OC J.D. Walton, Baylor
    5. WR Blair White, Michigan State
    6a. DS Myron Rolle, Florida State
    6b. OG Sergio Render, Virginia Tech
    7. DS Kyle McCarthy, Notre Dame

My initial reaction is he's smoking crack if he thinks we'll take J.D. Walton in the 4th round with Jake Grove here, but upon further thought, the Center position is one that these guys value really highly and they want to make sure they always have good people to plug in there.

I've actually been trying to figure out myself if Everson Griffen has a future at OLB. He might. The more I see of Griffen the more I tend to like him, and he's been a really highly rated player going all the way back to high school...which I think tells you something. He transitions well, speed to power. I like that about him. But if you're going to go with him why not Greg Romeus? Granted, Tony doesn't have Greg coming out in this mock...

...but he does have Cameron Heyward coming out and I think we've already heard pretty definitively (as far as those things go at this time of year) that he's staying...

I'm not sure I am overly excited about Anthony McCoy or Dan Williams but admittedly they're guys I've targeted to do more study on.

I'd be thrilled with Myron Rolle in the 6th round.

Zanno likes this.
  3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Jacoby Ford: "Lacks the deep speed but has enough ability to develop into a second wide out on the NFL level." :headscratch:

Not sure how the in-door 60 meter Champ who ran a 4.126 forty at the Fork Union College Coaches Combine could be considered lacking deep speed. :dunno:

Serious drop in credibility with a statement like that. LOL.

4. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Our 6th round picks are the only ones I'd be happy with.

At least they addressed our need for MLB and WR early. :shifty:

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Yeah. That's UGLY. That's like saying Chris Johnson isn't a homerun threat as a running back.

This is why I hate to do some kind of all-encompassing thing where I have to comment on most every guy. Let's face it, I don't know every guy. I'm not going to pretend I know every guy. When you try and pretend you do, that's when you run into statements like those that make you lose ALL credibility with people that know something about the guy you're talking about. You and I know damn well that Jacoby Ford is one of the fastest guys in the draft. Tony doesn't. But that didn't stop him from pretending he knows what Ford is like as a prospect.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i like these 7 rounders. even though they're completely nuts they give you a ballpark idea of where certain players may be valued approxiamtely (give or take a round lol). Draft Tek is another I will look at to determine if a player is a late round pick or UDFA

ToddsPhins likes this.
  7. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ouch! What a dumbass. :lol: Plus the Dolphins don't have a 5th round pick. We traded it for Thigpen. Not to mention we have three 6th round picks not two.

Given our position and who is available in this Mock here's who I would draft.

R1 - ILB Brandon Spikes from Florida
    R2 - WR Marshawn "Mardy" Gilyard from Cincinnati
    R3 - CB Javier Arenas from Alabama
    R4 - NT Lamarr Houston from Texas
    R6A - (from KC) FS Myron Rolle from FSU
    R6B - (from Washington) OG Sergio Render from Virginia Tech
    R6C - RB LeGarrette Blount from Oregon
    R7A - (from KC) WR Seyi Ajirotutu from Fresno State
    R7B - ILB Josh Hull from Penn State

I actually do like the Dan Williams pick quite a bit but how can you pass up Javier Arenas? Especially if we trade away Ginn. Plus Lamarr Houston is just as good as Dan Williams in my eyes. I'd be really surprised if Rolle and Render are still on the board in the 6th round but stranger things have happened.

gunn34 and ToddsPhins like this.
  8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :lol: Totally agree. You're really putting yourself on the line when you go this deep like you say, CK. (Unless you're a site like Drafttek who has many correspondants helping out). He left the comments next to Jarvis Jenkins blank, so I'm wondering how much he even watched Clemson.

I couldn't imagine how much football you'd have to watch to give quality assessments for 300 players. I know we don't see completely eye to eye on some of Boylehart's profiles, but at least he doesn't try to pretend to know everyone..... focusing on quality of assessment rather than quantity, ya know. That's why I love our website. If there are players I haven't had a chance to see, chances are that either you, Boom, Con, Alen, Padre, AP, etc have.

I used to put a decent bit of credibility into these draft sites before I really got into...... now I see some of them and I kind of chuckle. Some of these sites should be looking into ThePhins.com for help, not the other way around. :D :hi5:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I like Drafttek. They were one of the few sites that had Duke Robinson and Herman Johnson not going in the 2nd round etc.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  10. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'd be happy with this Red.... Arenas is one of the few guys whom I'd be ecstatic if we drafted in the 3rd.

If Riley Cooper, Andre Roberts, & Jimmy Graham, are available in the 6th and 7th round then we need to swoop these guys up. LOL.

Big Red likes this.
  11. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Taylor Price is finally starting to get some more love..... not sure if that's a good thing or not after saying Jacoby is a snail. :shifty:

12. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Tony P does a heck of a job IMO, although any 7 round mock in November is madness. Dan Williams can play. Saw him again Saturday after a good impression against Alabama. He can play.

Zanno likes this.
  13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Too early for this.