1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"That moment when..."

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by danmarino, Jan 7, 2019.

1. danmarino

danmarino Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Anyone got any funny true "moments when"?

Here's mine:

That moment when your mother-in-law wishes the Muslim teacher at your daughter's school a "Happy Hanukkah!"

Fin-O, Galant and Fin D like this.
  2. TheOne

TheOne Active Member

Oct 14, 2016
    I was sitting at a local bar with my friend and a couple walked in a guy and a girl, my friend taps me on the shoulder and says look at that *** I look and say yeah he must workout, The twist? he didnt get the reference so now how do I sound?

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Holy crap, that made my day.

danmarino likes this.
  4. Galant

Galant Well-Known Member Staff Member

Apr 22, 2014
    On a negative spin....

...when, after 45 mins of a colleague being on hold with the same song, the Beatles' 'Let It Be' makes you want to rip the phone out and throw it across the room.

I'm still living that moment right now. If you hear news reports of a violent incident in Gibraltar today, you'll know what it was.

Fin-O, danmarino and Unlucky 13 like this.
  5. Galant

Galant Well-Known Member Staff Member

Apr 22, 2014
    ...when you're on a plane standing outside the bathroom door thinking, whoever it is is taking a bit of a while, and then Sean Connery walks out.

No, seriously.

And then your young cousins decide they want to offer him some of their candy and walk up and down the aisle a few time trying to work up the courage. "Why, thank you!" Was his response.

This was many years ago though, on a flight to Spain from the UK.

danmarino and Unlucky 13 like this.
  6. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    whore

Fin-O and danmarino like this.
  7. danmarino

danmarino Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 4, 2014

Attached Files:

8. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    The moment when you realize that your girlfriend of six months, your ex girlfriend of one week (who you'd been with "steady" over the past year) and that little slutty thing you have on the side are all standing in your driveway....mad as hell and looking for vengeance.

My daughter's best friend was the ex to this guy...they told him off for like 20 minutes yesterday with him screaming about calling the police if they didn't leave. Then the kid's mom gets home, finds out what happened and starts whooping the kid in front of everyone and telling all the girls to stay and yell at him as long as they felt like. Then the mom went inside and locked the door.

That's the story my kid came home with yesterday- I think it made her month.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019 at 10:40 PM
    Pauly, Fin-O, Fin D and 1 other person like this.
  9. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015

LOL. "Whooped him" please tell me he was over 18.

KeyFin and danmarino like this.
  10. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    He was 16.....the girls were 17, 16 and 15 (plus my 17 year old kid was there too as a spectator).

Fin-O and danmarino like this.
  11. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Situation
    I was 10 or 11 years old going to a restaurant with my family.
    I see my football idol at the restaurant. He is sitting in a dark secluded corner.
    He was married at the time to a well known female athlete. The woman he is with is young, beautiful and ... not his wife.
    While I am working up the courage to go and speak to him my father mutters under his breath “and I wonder where his wife is”.
    I go up to the footballer and ask for his autograph. He denies that he is the footballer and tells me to go away. I loudly insist he is the footballer and I can tell because he has a cut on his face he got in the last game, and thus ensuring the entire restaurant sees him. He agrees to give me the autograph. While waiting for him to sign, to make conversation I ask him “So where is your wife. I’d like to get her autograph too”.

It took about 10 or 12 years for it to suddenly dawn on me why he acted so unfriendly to me.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 at 7:57 AM
  12. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Similar story involving Don Shula. A buddy I grew up with was a huge autograph collector in South Florida. We went with him to sign everybody from Jordan to Gretsky to Madonna. And of course, tons of Marino and Shula autographs.

Well, Shula got so sick of this kid that he refused to ever sign something for him again....and he loudly protested him in front of dozens of people. It was a golf tournament and Shula went on and on about what a pain in the *** this kid was...good stuff and everybody laughed. Well, that night, there was a formal event and my friend invited me along- no idea how he got invitations but he did. And as soon as we enter, he makes a bee-line for Shula.

Well I'm like, "Frankie, don't do it....let's at least eat first and see what celebrities are here!" But he didn't listen and went straight up to Shula, who had this look on his face like "If that kid says one word to me, I'm going to lose my ****." This was literally 5 hours after getting told off at the golf course. But instead of talking to Shula, he pulls out this 8x10 glossy photo and asks Shula's wife to sign it. It was a photo of them at their daughter's wedding a few weeks before, and obviously nobody ever asks her to sign anything so she was super happy and gracious.

Then she turns to Shula and says, "Don, sign this for the nice boy, won't you?"

The look on his face was absolutely priceless.....and that was the last autograph Frankie ever got from Don Shula. =)

You guys remember a legendary coach on the sidelines....but that moment is always the first thing I think of every time I see/hear Don Shula.