1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thats Why We Took Ricky Williams Back

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by slickj101, Nov 9, 2008.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    For everyone who was up in arms and wondered why we would ever consider re-signing Ricky after his all of his mistakes, look no further.

Ricky: 105 rushing yards, 1 TD, 2 rec for 20yds. Including a monster 51yd TD run.

Ronnie: 39 rushing yards, 1 TD, 4 rec for 27yds.

Say what you will about Ricky, but I don't think we win this game without him. Ronnie wasn't doing much of anything until the end of the game. Ricky is the one who gave us that much needed 14 point cushion.

The bottom line is that Ronnie is not always going to have monster games. Ricky is there to pick up the slack, take pressure off Ronnie, and ultimately upgrade our running game.

Thank that "pot-smoking loser" because he just won a huge game for us and made our playoff picture a lot brighter.

FinSane, Phin-o-rama and TiP54 like this.
  2. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    He had a great game, but he needs to be more consistent.

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I know 52 other players that this statement also applies to.

anlgp likes this.
  4. H.Moody

H.Moody Junior Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Los Angeles,Ca.

...not necessary:pity:

djphinfan likes this.
  5. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    For the record, he's an ex-pot smoking loser.

Yes, Ricky played well today. He showed a burst of speed that I havent seen from him in years. Kudos to Ricky!

Hopefully Ronnie can get back on track and they both will then be productive together.

6. Miaballa99

Miaballa99 Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Miami
    I love Ricky and all, but I could of ran through that hole. All he did was run straight, everyone was concerned about brown keeping the ball. Doesnt matter who scores as long as the Dolphins Win!

7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I was just using that title bc that's what a lot of people thought/think of him.

I definitely don't have that opinion of him at all for the record. I think he's a really a talented, good guy who made some questionable choices in the past.

H.Moody likes this.
  8. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Questionable?!?!?! Nice euphamism. He made a lot of stupid, selfish choices. I've forgiven him (not that he cares) and I'm a fan again, but let's not get involved in revisionist history.

9. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol yea I'm not about to get in that debate. We'll leave that alone.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  10. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Agreed. Useless debate, indeed.

11. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Glad to see ricky have a great game, now i hope he continues to have games like this but not really surprise why would bill take him if he was garbage.

12. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I've said it once I'll say it again the difference between them is when Ricky hits an open seam they are not going to catch him. Ronnie, as much as I love him, does not have that same gear that Ricky does.

I've yelled about him as much as any Dolphin fan but I'll cheer him as much or more knowing he's a team player again.

I don't approve of pot use, but he isn't a gang banger, he isn't a thug never been arrested for violence, dui, brandishing a weapon.

He f**ked up. He's a Dolphin again.

Let's cheer him.

TJamesW_Phinfan and slickj101 like this.
  13. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I was so pissed at him for a long time, and I rued the fact that we brought him back. Now I'm happy and all is forgiven. Just not forgotten.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  14. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

We took williams back because on the field he is and always has been a quality back and the NFL loves the two back system right now.

15. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    The Ricky situation is really touchy within the dolphin fan base. And I am not going to reiterate the past or touch on it, no pun intended. With that said, leaving feelings towards Ricky on the sidelines, he had a great day today, and really compliments Ronnie well. I just hope they can both be on the same page, the same day.

16. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    as long as Ricky puts on the Dolphins uniform, I will love him just like every other player. And he was great today! Let's hope he can keep it up.

17. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I agree with that for the most part. Ricky really does have more speed then Ronnie.

Ronnie has the power and Ricky has the speed (not to say that he can't knock people on their asses also)

Their kind of our version of Jacobs and Ward.

Crappy Tipper likes this.