1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2004 Downfall Continues of this once Top 3 Franchise

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I was thinking how, along with the Steelers and Packers, the Dolphins were one of the Top 3 franchises in the NFL. Large worldwide fanbase, exciting teams, Best combined record in NFL history (Until 2007 when the Steelers overtook the Dolphins), most appearances on Monday Night Football. The downfall began in 2004, and besides 2008 has continued.

The Steelers and Packers have continued to be at the top. The Dolphins are just a joke now, and the fans in Miami don't bother buying tickets anymore and I don't blame them. Blackouts will happen this season, it's done. Have to hand it to the fans though, they still supported this team well from 2004-2010, with a high of 61,000 season tickets in 2006. It's all gone out the window. After the 2005 and 2008 teases that got Dolphins fans pumped up for 2006 and 2009, they failed miserably both times. No wonder nobody wants to go to games. I barely want to watch for free.

Will we ever get back on that level of consistency like the Packers, Steelers and even Cowboys anytime soon? Even though the Phins may have been frustrating in the late 90s and 2000-2003, at least they were playoff contenders and consistent and you knew you would see an exciting team.