1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The additional bulk has not affected my speed or quicks."

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jun 9, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    http://pro32.ap.org/article/dolphins-de-jordan-says-hes-added-bulk-year

lol..have you seen my frame"......son..

Yeah if anyone can add 15 and look almost the same without losing speed it's DJ...

Looks like they will continue to move him around.

Can't wait to see this dude this year...I know he wasn't 100 percent all last year...gotta remember there hasn't been many top 5 picks who played their first year in college on the other side of the LOS, there's going to be a learning curve at this level, but once this dude starts to get it, then just starts to play ball, watch out mother grabbers..

PhinFan1968, Bpk, Unlucky 13 and 4 others like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Deej to DJ: Dio..I am your Father..you need to work on your bubble"

:lol:

Oddly enough, the only NFLer I've heard use the term "quicks" is JT

[video=youtube;vtPafMzhYlM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPafMzhYlM[/video]

I'm rarely wrong on passrushers, thought Warner last yr was a dud coming out, think Jordan if used properly is a prototype player

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    JT working with him 2-3 days a week is awesome. Worked out pretty well for Cam Wake.

ssmiami, Bpk and DPlus47 like this.
  4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Different skillsets tho, suspect Joey Porter was more a mentor to Wake, he does have the speed of JT and the physicality of Porter..BUT he really upped his game from being "just" a speed rusher in 09

5. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Thanks for posting that. If Deion is picking up some of JT's expressions, it means they're bonding. That can only be a good thing, IMO.

6. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Good stuff. Dion is THE KEY to this season. Him playing like a 3rd overall pick will get us to the playoffs.

7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Oline > Dion Jordan in the playoff equation. DJ being a beast will certainly help out our questionable secondary though.

Bpk likes this.
  8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I feel like one or the other would be huge but both would take us to an entirwly new level.

Bpk likes this.
  9. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    I disagree. It's not about filling holes. Filling holes has gotten us to 7-9 and 8-8 every year. Teams that win in the NFL have elite players at key positions. Those guys are far more important than having all your units be decent.

All the great teams last season had holes. But they made up for them by having studs around the field making big plays to wipe out those disadvantages. Seattle's OLine was terrible and boundary wideouts were very weak...But they had Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin, and an elite improvising QB. Frisco's wideouts and corners were bad...but they had Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, best OLine around, and an amazing linebacker group. Denver's front 4 was awful, as were their safeties...but they had very good cover LBs, a stud corner, and one of the best offenses ever. The Patriots had awful boundary receivers...but they had great slot men and a super TE. These defenses struggled big-time after losing some of the best defenders in the League (VMiller, Wilfork & Mayo).

Stud players, franchise cornerstones, cover up the weaknesses you're inevitably going to have year to year. No team is without holes. Notice how our defense has always been pretty good since Cam Wake got here, even though the players around him change drastically.

We need another elite guy to emerge on this team. A game-changing splash player. Increasing the number of 'decent' players isn't going to get it done. Dion has a chance to be one of the best in the game at what he does. Our team this year is going to have holes, like it or not. We thought we had the holes filled going into last year and look what happened. Having these kinds of stars like Dion, potentially, is way more crucial to winning year after year than having no weaknesses.

10. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    Not sure why you feel the secondary is so questionable. They were 5th in the NFL last year in passer rating allowed. Carroll and Clemons were decent, but hardly catastrophic losses.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  11. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    The secondary could be questionable with at least two new starters (sound familiar from last offseason at LB and OL?) and an aging 30+ guy at a demanding position.

Weaknesses pop up every year, and they will again come September. Maybe it's the secondary, maybe it's re-shuffled LBs, maybe it's the run defense without big Paul. But if Dion is playing lights-out opposite Wake, those weak spots can be covered up much better. Studs make up for inconsistencies elsewhere.

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    There is a lot of truth in there, reality is games are won by physically talented players making things happen, generally not by a good roster playing perfectly every game, that rarely happens in the NFL

I like Lamar Miller's chances to be explosive this yr with the offensive line becoming more athletic, sweeps and pitch plays now have a chance of actually getting blocks, and he is likely to win the KR job unless Thigpen just ups his game.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I surely wasn't happy with the oline going into last year, Martin and Clabo were identifiable garbage, what you say about star players is true and Dion has the chance to be so, just have to let the kid have an offseason, het healthy, which is two things he didn't have last year, also when a player makes a huge position change in college when they hit the pros there is always an adjustment period that has a bigger curve.

Dion Jordan runs on instincts..just gonna take a little time to understand where and what he needs to be..

14. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Clemons' loss might be more than just talent. He was the quarterback of the secondary and got guys lined up properly. I can't really see Reshad Jones being that guy and Louis Delmas is new to the system.

Bpk likes this.
  15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    He's the only loss I sweat, I think Delmas can make up in other areas but Chris was disciplined.

Bpk likes this.
  16. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    While you are correct that Carroll and Clemons were just merely decent. The problem as I see it is that the players signed to replace these two players are NOT upgrades and could in fact be downgrades at the CB and safety position.

Hopefully some of the young players in the secondary can step up and contribute this season. If they don't, I think it is going to be a very long year for this secondary.

Bpk likes this.
  17. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    There's a lot more to mentoring a young player than matching similar skill sets.

That being said, I always thought Porter never got the credit he deserved for doing that.

DenverDolfan and Pandarilla like this.
  18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Cool

DPlus47 likes this.
  19. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I thought it was interesting in the JT interview on the Dolphins site that he said Jordan was "bigger and more athletic" than he was. More athletic than JT? That's saying something.

But, when I watched JT go through the dummy drill in demonstration - his feet were lightning. That's what made the difference for him. I think he has much quicker feet than Jordan. But, I also look for great things for Jordan and his strength will help him. If he can learn to get the same leverage that JT did - it will be pretty fun to watch.

20. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Before we all get too excited didn't Von Miller bulk up last year and now this year he slimmed down because the extra bulk slowed him down

21. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Von miller isn't Dion Jordan. Too many variables involved make comparing bulks irrelevant.

22. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
  23. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Saw this tweet by Omar today. Sounds awesome!

"Omar Kelly:
    @kevlos96: does Dion Jordan look as big as he said he now is?"» he looks bigger. He's bigger than Wake now physically, which is HUGE."

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Man big Vern ain't playin around Nasty.?

25. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    your boy is looking as good as ever

[​IMG]

26. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I was just thinking about my all bod man crush list..

Alex, cam wake is the ultimate specimen of an athlete, no doubt , but Vern ain't no joke, this trueblood and his training, strength and body, is off the charts..

Top 3 with Dion Jordan.

There are so many pics out there of his body could you post some?

27. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    vernon or jordan ?

28. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Omar was talking about Dion being bigger than Wake DJ...

But I can assure you Vernon is bigger than both. No shmedium tshirt is fitting Vernon lol.

29. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i don´t know man, there weren´t many on the homepage from minicamp or OTA´s of Vernon or Jordan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #73 is DT Kamal Johnson....just in case you guys are wondering who that dude is..... LoL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

djphinfan likes this.
  30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    jordan has the potential to have the best body in the game..there is no one with his length, symmetry and joints, he's a superfreak superfreak he's super freaky owww.

There's some pics of vern doing interviews on the phinsiders set.

31. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    oh yeah babe...look at the vascular system of Vern and Jordan, when it comes to Vern it shows the condition he is truly in, this is a large man with low body fat, and put together, Dion is just a superfreak, incredible genetics..elite of the elite.

32. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    i know this is hard to do but just look at Dion Jordan's pic from the back, look real close, you can see the separation of the large muscle groups, just imagine that without his pants, ridiculousl.

33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I would be willing to bet Vern is approaching strongest man on the team..that is a 265 lb 23 year old man right there, with. Veins in his shoulders popping out..

31 reps on the bench at 20 years old....lol

Bet he could do 35,36 now.. Super human strength..I said in another thread he just might beast his way to the probowl.

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Dion Jordan's head looks like it doesn't belong on His body next to what's his name..lol

35. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't now, pound for pound, I think Vern could be strongest in the league.

36. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    A healthy Dion Jordan looking much improved at minicamp
    http://msn.foxsports.com/florida/st...rove-in-sophomore-season-with-dolphins-061914

That certainly has potential to scare the s--t out of opposing QBs.