1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Andrew Luck Bowl"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Southbeach, Oct 23, 2011.

1. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    im 26 years old. the dolphins have been horrible since marnio retired, slowly creeping towards being unwatchable since 2002. i go to the bars to watch games in south fla and im basically the only person in a dolphin jersey.

**** anybody that says the fans in south fla suck. this is ******ed. why do i spend money going to games when the product they put on the field is this horrible? marlins included and minus the heat last season, we have no decent teams down here. the fans arent horrible, the owners are.

2. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    They might flip Bradford. Either way they are getting a bounty for the guy. He's going #1. IF we finish with the #2 pick and the Rams have the #1 and they want out whole draft for him I'd do it without thinking twice.

3. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

It's like everyone keeps saying how if this happens and how Indy has an easier schedule but they keep losing. Hell, they were down by 31 points tonight with like 5 minutes left before the half.

Everyone seems so sure that Luck will be here and I have to say don't be upset because if it weren't for back luck we'd have no luck at all.

4. Ozzy

Indy can afford one roster spot to make sure Manning does not get upset but his injury is deadly serious and career threatening

5. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Apparently we would pick first if the season ended today?: http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...2011/10/hyde5_five_thoughts_on_dolphin_4.html

If the season ended today, the Dolphins would have the No. 1 overall draft pick. And you know what that means. Of course, it doesn't end today and there are a million variables to play out. Indianapolis, St. Louis and the Dolphins are the three winless teams right now. The tie-breaker is based on strength of schedule. The team with the easier schedule gets the higher pick - the idea naturally being they must be a worse team than one with a tougher schedule. Indianapois' opponent records are 24-15. St. Louis' opponent records are 23-13. And the Dolphins? Their opponents are 22-16. So it's a slim lead and, with 10 weeks ago, anything can happen. But right now a fan base looking for some good news might as well embrace this much.

Indy plays the NFC South, possibly the toughest division.

6. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Too bad about the new CBA. If we gave our whole draft for him, we could guarantee that there would be no horrible draft picks and use the cap money we would have spent on signing the draft picks to sign free agents. Excepr Ireland, if he's still here, would screw that up, too.

7. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    You might see some really good coaches change their minds if Andrew Luck comes in as the team's QB. Gruden's new contract and Cowher's reluctance could change really quickly.

That Redskins game is critical. If Miami loses that one, they're in a tough spot as far as wins. Maybe they pull an upset of Oakland? That's always possible and in fact I could honestly see that, they feasted on Oakland last year. Heck if anything I would say that's Miami's one win.

8. PhinsPhan23

PhinsPhan23 New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    For those thinking this guy could be a flop, go watch a Stanford game. You know, he is actually playing Football this year. You don't have to just take scouts words for it. Go watch and see for yourself (again, not talking to you, talking to the fans who question how good Luck will be).

He is the most polished / talented QB coming out of college since John Elway. Yes, I said it. He is more polished and talented then Peyton was at this time in his career. So, I will go as far as to say this: If Luck works just as hard as Peyton, he has the ability to be BETTER then Peyton. That's how good he can be. Now this is no small task. Peyton is probably the hardest working QB in the league, but just for some perspective to those who question whether Luck will make it, the answer is a simple yes.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Not sure what you mean by not wanting to upset Peyton. If he was going to be out for good this year, why not throw him on IR, 1+ month into the year, when the team is 0-7? Gotta think he's going to try and come back.

10. Ozzy

It has been noted that he wanted to be able to practice with the team by the end of the year. Not one word on his returning this season to games...

Clark Kent likes this.
  11. HugeFinFan

HugeFinFan Woopsy Daisy!

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    I would be willing to bet thousands of dollars that if the Colts are in the running for Luck, even if Peyton is 100% healthy, he will not play this year. No matter how much Peyton complains, the front office would put him on IR.

12. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
  13. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
  14. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    I googled some Colts forums to see their opinion and was at the same site Hardkore. Some were saying Miami is intentionally losing after what happened yesterday. Probably the best quote I saw was, "Miami really takes this Suck For Luck thing serious."

Don't worry guys, if Colts get the first pick then Luck won't play for them because Luck saw a SFL thread on a Colts forum.

15. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Every year teams "fans" cheer for the #1 pick....dont we all remember:

the classic Panning for Manning Sweepstakes

to the lesser known Queef for Leaf Sweepstakes

:pointlol:

Clark Kent likes this.
  16. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Facebook has pages for the Chiefs, Broncos and Seahawks to suck for luck.

We're not the only ones. We're just passionate about wanting someone to finally follow in the footsteps of Griese and Marino.