1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best, and most puzzling, of the first half

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by shaunm000, Nov 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    A little love from MSNBC.com

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33594287/ns/sports-nfl/

2. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    no doubt about it, 4-0 in the DIV and 4-4 at this point would all point to a successful 2d half ....

if we can get more out of the D ... then it is very much a possibility ... if not, then not so much .... and it all falls squarely on the shoulders of our LBs ....

gunn34 and Fin D like this.
  3. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Then we are in serious trouble if our LBs have anything to do with our success

4. shaunm000

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I think he meant RB?

Anyways, this schedule although a little softer still scares me. Texas isnt a sure thing, neither is Pittsburgh. But Tampa, Jax, Buf, Carolina, tenn should at least get us to 8-8 at the worst. If we can split with NE and somehow steal one from Pitt, 10-6 seems like a reality!

5. Rickster

Rickster New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I wouldn't count any of those teams as a sure win in all honesty. haha

6. shaunm000

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    LOL, true. Id hate to be Tampas first win. Honestly i hope they go winless so all my Tampa buddies here in Orlando can get theirs talking smack about our 07 season!

Firesole likes this.
  7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

It falls on our pass rush to be massively disruptive. Soliai, Starks and Langford have to penetrate...

and we dang well better see Cam Wake this week. Whatever his deficiencies, he pressures the QB on almost 50% of his defensive snaps. That's the only way you beat a passing attack like the Patriots.

resnor and The G Man like this.
  8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL

All you have to say is: "we went 11-5 last year dumbasses: you guys are 0-7"
    and then call them the Yucs.

shaunm000 likes this.
  9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Our LBs are not the best. It was nice seeing Roth in on some plays.

10. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Agreed.

11. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    Roth will take a couple more weeks to work himself into shape ... he looked good while he was on the field.

he can't fix our LB problems, but he can sure make them better than they are right now.

some were fooled by the way the D started off the year ... but now we see what we really have. the reason why they looked so good at the beginning of the year, is that the O controlled the TOP, so the D had limited reps / exposure. as the season has worn on, and the O has lost TOP, the D has been fully exposed - namely our LBs ....

that is why i have advocated for the return of Roth since the beginning of the season ... i am not a big Roth fan - as i wanted an upgrade at his position during the offseason, but since we didn't upgrade -- he remained our best SOLB by a wide margin. Roth on the field gives us a better shot at a fresh JT/JP (and Wake) for putting pressure on the QB.

Bpk likes this.
  12. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I don't know if this week is a must win more so that we win at least one vs the pats. I sure know this team won't quit if they lose this week.

I'm kinda getting worried that the Carolina game, which looked easy at first is now going to be much tougher now that they turned it around in recent weeks.

It should be an interesting part of the schedule. Right in the thick of things.