1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best play of the game - Fasano TD

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Oct 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    For me this was the best play of the game.

They finally let Henne rollout and take advantage of the defensive penetration and the results were awesome. No one bothered to cover Fasano because they never would have dreamed that Henne could throw on a rollout. SuRpRiSe!

Henne's immobility is something that has bothered me all year long because they weren't letting this kid move. These types of plays are one of the reasons that I love mobile QB's so much; they can beat you so many ways and freeze the LB's and S's right in their shoes. When the defense stutter steps our play is a success.

Young, Favre, Elway and Montana were great at this and all of them have super bowl rings because of it. You have to give credit where credit is do, hats off to Henne for a job well done. This showed real maturity.

:yahoo:

Two questions:

- Was it a planned or broken play?

-
    Will we see more rollouts because this worked so well?

Your thoughts?

:headscratch:

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    that was very planned and a great play call by Henning... everyone gives him crap for his bad calls, so give him some praise on a good call...

we;ve shown that Henne roll out many times going back to last year... so adding in the throw back to Fasano was a great tweak... running that play against a blitz that came from that same side was perfect...

great call, great execution by Fasano and Henne, great TD

dolfan7171 and cobrajet like this.
  3. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    That was a great play call, but Fasano's lumbering towards the end zone had me worried he wasn't going to make it. That was the slowest TD run in recent memory.

dolfan7171 and Conuficus like this.
  4. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    that was a good call....wished they did a little more of that...

laughed at Fasano's "almost" leap into the crowd...

eric, dolfan7171 and cobrajet like this.
  5. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    It sure looked planned to me and it was a great call indeed. :up: I think that they are finally letting this kids play. I looked back in Henne's highlights and he is very mobile. It was just killing me that Henning would let him move. Maybe now he will. I am just freaking tickled with this!:lol:

dolfan7171 likes this.
  6. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    :lol: ya, buddy!

7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    We've run this play before, albeit unsuccessfully.

The one I remember best was the Monday Nighter against the Jets last year. Last series of downs in the game, when we were on the goal line (second down I believe).

It would have worked, but Fasano got tied up in traffic. By the time he broke free, Henne had run out of time and threw to where Fasano woulda/shoulda been.

We've seen it a couple of times since then, though I can't recall exactly why it didn't work those times.

This time....however....it worked in part because Henning had called bootlegs/rollouts to that right side a couple of times earlier in the game (and in previous games) i.e. he set the Packer defense up. And then he deftly pulled the rug out from under them.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    At first I was like
    [​IMG]

But then I was like
    [​IMG]

9. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I like the play call because it worked but how easily could one of those defenders closing in on Henne have batted down that pass to Fasano or worse? Not to mention Henne could have been seriously hurt on that play. He took a big hit and it could have been even bigger. It also could have been a sack, and pushed them back out of field goal range. It was a risky call but it worked. I just saw the replay of the 4th and goal from the 1 with 13 seconds left and I can't believe how half the defense was just looking off to the side, like they didn't know that the Packers were lined up. That was seriously pathetic.

10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    This was a great call by Henning. Got to give him credit for that. He set it up with a rollout or two earlier in the game, and previously this year and last. It was also a great play by Henne. Looked like he took a hit on it, got the ball up over the GB defender, right to Fasano who of course did the rest. Loved this call, loved this play.

11. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    Best play of the year thus far.

12. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    We tried to run it one other time this year, against the Vikings maybe? But it was batted down at the line. Ray Edwards is coming to mind for some reason.

Anywho, great call. Henning seems to love to get cute on first down. The reverse to Hartline made me wanna break something. But this was a perfect call given the down and spot on the field.

maynard likes this.
  13. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    that play shows the balance between play call, execution and what the defense does.

on every play there are two factors outside of the control of henning and our offense. when they come together, its brilliant.

14. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    We ran that play once in the preseason and I believe in the opener, and I was in love with it. I knew at some point it was going to come up big.

15. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I thought that play continued Henning's propensity to call big loss risking plays whenever he gets between the opponent's 20 and 49. I put it in the same category as all those failed end arounds that have killed drives this season. That play could just as easily been a drive killing sack. And if the worst had happened there would have been another spate of threads calling for Henning's head.

Merauder likes this.
  16. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    I hope this is a sign of things to come. At times so far this year our offense has looked vanilla and even predictable, but now that the boys up stairs know how good that will work I expect more things. Henne has the makings of a good play action QB but they need to loosen up on him a little.

The only reason Rodgers burned us long for a TD was the great play action fake hand off that our defense bit on before the throw. Our defense stutter stepped and that's all it took.

Henne can do this, if they let him.

17. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    lmeister, that is uncalled for lolol I would ask where you got that photo, but I assume the internet and google aided this post.