1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Remaining Prospects

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 26, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Rivals.com NFL Draft partner Frank Coyle of draftinsiders.com breaks down the top 20 players available in the draft after the first two rounds.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=801767

1. DaJuan Morgan - SS - 6-0, 205 lbs. - North Carolina State
    Morgan could develop into an every-down player and maybe even a Pro Bowl performer over time. He also is one of the best special-teams players in this class. He was a borderline first-round pick in our eyes.
    2. Marcus Harrison - DT - 6-3, 310 lbs. - Arkansas
    This tough, athletic tackle has the ability to make an impact at the NFL level if healthy. With proper coaching, the sky is the limit for Harrison. He is a top-five defensive tackle in this class.
    3. Erin Henderson - LB - 6-2, 235 lbs. - Maryland
    Henderson is a savvy athlete with the speed and talent to make an impact on special teams and compete for the nickel linebacker role as a rookie. He could challenge for a starting weakside spot in a 4-3 set in his first season.
    4. Mario Manningham - WR - 6-0, 180 lbs. - Michigan
    Manningham has the body type and athleticism of St. Louis Rams star Torry Holt, though he's not as developed as Holt was at this stage. He ran poor times of 4.60 and 4.68 at the NFL Scouting Combine, though he ran a sub-4.5 time at Michigan's Pro Day. He will be an excellent value pick on Sunday.
    5. Dan Connor - LB - 6-2, 235 lbs. - Penn State
    He is an extremely well-developed prospect who can be an every-down performer as a pro - probably as a rookie. He has the frame to get bigger and has good size for the middle or weakside linebacker spots. He carried a mid-second round grade (No. 48 overall). He has good skills and a high level of development.
    6. Early Doucet - WR - 6-0, 200 lbs. - LSU
    Doucet could become one of the best value picks in the draft. He can play the slot immediately and could develop into a No. 1 receiver. He played against a high level of competition in the SEC, so his transition to the NFL should be smoother than many prospects.
    7. Xavier Adibi - LB - 6-1, 225 lbs. - Virginia Tech
    Adibi projected as a second-round pick in our eyes. He is the top outside linebacker left on our list. He could contribute immediately as a nickel linebacker and special teams performer. He has the intangibles to become a starter and possible Pro Bowler in the right scheme.
    8. Carl Nicks - OT - 6-5, 330 lbs. - Nebraska
    Nicks is a raw prospect with the package to start at right tackle but only after some critical development in technique. One of the biggest boom or bust linemen in this year's class, he is a marginal Top 125 prospect.
    9. Cliff Avril - DE - 6-3, 255 lbs. - Purdue
    Avril is a good athlete with fine instincts while playing in space either vs. the run or the pass. He has the ability to start early in the NFL after some improvement in his lower body strength and overall technique, but he should at least contribute early as a situational pass rusher.
    10. Pat Sims - DT - 6-1, 320 lbs. - Auburn
    A developing talent, Sims has the skills to be a starter relatively soon in his career after possibly serving as a high-level backup early on. Watch for the Saints, Panthers, Chiefs or Lions to take him in the third round.
    THE NEXT 10

brandon27, njfinfan, dgb11112 and 5 others like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    What about Thomas Howard from UGA? The one who won MVP of the bowl vs UGA? He had three or four sacks in that game alone I believe.

3. 209Mason

209Mason New Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Middle America
    I hope we go with Adibi at OLB off of anyone on that list...

Otherwise I want Godfrey. DB is the one glaring need I feel we haven't addressed yet through FA or Day one of the draft.

4. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I'm still holding out hope for Connor tommorrow, but have a feeling we will go WR.

5. Swampfox

Swampfox Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    Godfrey , Pat Sims , Caldwell , Earl Bennett

6. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    We'll trade back and pick up some more picks and fill more needs.

7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I want Connor tomorrow, simple as that.

Phinperor likes this.
  8. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I wouldn't mind seeing us take Doucet. We need some speed on O opposite Ginn and he doesn't mind getting hit going over the middle.

9. Beck2Ginn

Beck2Ginn Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    i think the first pick is one of these guys:

- Andre Caldwell
    - Tyvon Branch
    - Early Doucet
    - DaJuan Morgan

10. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Conner or Doucet would be great for me. Andre Caldwell wouldn't be bad.

SICK likes this.
  11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC

same with me id be happy with those guys.....even morgan would be a nice pick imo

12. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    I was pretty upset we didn't get Limas Sweed but if we get Manningham or Doucet I will be excited. I say we grab manningham and make it three Wolverines for the weekend. How crazy, the Starting QB number 1 WR and LT from the same college team.

13. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Heh id be shocked if we ended up with any of these WRs. Knowing BP, we are going defense and staying away from skill positions now.

LBs, DBs and O/DL's.

14. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Either Godfrey, Avril, Zuttah, or Sims.

If we draft a WR I will be extremely upset with this draft.

15. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Other than Connor all the rest would need to improve in some areas but all can start and be effective

Dan Connor ILB Penn State can do it all/what you see is what you get
    Anthony Collins OT Kansas great RT prospect/excellent upside
    Charles Godfrey CB Iowa should make a solid corner/excellent upside
    Cliff Avril OLB Purdue has the speed to get to the QB/excellent upside

A trade down would make sense here but the Dolphins have been drafting based on best available it seems and that probably will not change.

16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    agreed! :up:

Styla likes this.
  17. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    did the other michigan reciever arrington come out into the draft as well? a posssible 6th round pick maybe?

18. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah its called Round 6 or 7. More pressing needs than drafting a WR who won't even make an impact right away.

19. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    ............or..........Reggie Smith

20. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007

Id have to agree here. I would like to see us take a shot a Adarius Bowman in the 6th if he is still there.

Im all for Conner right now.

21. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    WR is one of the most overrated positions. Its one of the spots thats usually talked about as having an immediate impact, when in reality it usually is just the opposite. Plus, its a third reciever, we have far more pressing needs than a #3 reciever (assuming even the regime is totally out of favor with Hagan and Camarillo).

And looking at BPs history, spots like linemen and linebackers are much more prevalent then the skill guys like WR and RB.

22. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    The value of today's 1st pick is very good and we will definately trade back and gain extra picks, so don't look for the big names still on the board. We will get solid value for the pick to help fill holes. Since Friday, we've got at least 4 starters, and we're going into today with 6 picks and a chance to pick up more. This is one of the best drafts I can recall for us in a long time, and we still have the majority of our picks to go. Kudos to Parcells and Co.:up:

23. 209Mason

209Mason New Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Middle America

I'm okay with trading back... I just would want to be sure we don't go back more than a few spots and hopefully still have a shot at Godfrey, Connor, or Adibi perhaps

24. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Do you have some inside info or are you just guessing? Because if it's a guess, I'd like to know what it's based on. We haven't traded back so far. I think we will stay where we are...at least I certainly hope we do...and take the best player available.

25. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    No inside info, just a gut feeling. Even the flies on the wall in our draft room are scared of Parcells and aren't talking!:lol: