1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Steak You Ever Had

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bpk, Jul 30, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Bone in blackened ribeye at III forks in Dallas is damn good.

Bpk likes this.
  2. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    For me and the boy Last nite, I took a couple of bone in ny's, gas grill, kosher salt, really seasoned the fat layer and turned that steak on it's hip to crisp that fat, love to cook on highest heat on the grill, then finish in oven..

Served some melt in your mouth mash potatoes, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and a stick of butter.

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Why do you crisp the fat, Deej? Do you eat the fat that's along the outside edge? Surprised if ya do, after all that skinless chicken breast with lemon zet jazz you were pimping during the season... so is this the off-season diet now? Will you lean it up by Week One?

The mashed potatoes sound delicious and deadly.

No garlic on the potats or meat huh?

4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    When I eat a steak BK it's on, I crisp the fat for obvious reasons, fire on fat = delicious, but you have to turn it sideways to really get it right.

I can't stand that whole wave of garlic mash potatoes thing, I think it started like 10 years when it became popular, drives me nuts, and I get noticeably annoyed when I hear a waitress tell me the chef has done it..basically don't fu@& with my mash potatoes,butter, cream, salt pepper...done...key to good mash is to drain the potatoes in a cylinder then put back into the pot you cooked them in, keep the heat on, burn the access water off, heat your butter, cream, salt and pep in another saucepan and add when it gets hot..

Can't put garlic on steak because the fire will burn it, and I never use powder..

cuchulainn and Bpk like this.
  5. Bpk

Ever try any of Todd's fancy marinades (pronounced mare-in-aaahds)?

6. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    man-in-aids.

7. Bpk

You're reaching with that one.

Reaching around.

And I appreciate it.

-flips you a tuppence-

8. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    At least you're persistant.

9. Bpk

It's one of my best qualities. Like your prehensile tongue.