1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Chad Pennington Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    The date was August 8th (my birthday) and at night the story was broken that Chad Pennington was now a Miami Dolphin. And I'm sure most of you felt like I did...I felt a little sick. The quarterback the last 8 years of the friggin' Jets, the quarterback we could never beat, is now going to be our quarterback as we start our new regime.

But the more he was in Miami, the more I started losing that sick feeling and gaining excitement. You see it in the way he acts on the sidelines. Even in the first preseason game where he wasn't playing he was on the sidelines teaching other players and encouraging them...and he was only here for 2 days!

And now I see it on the field on a weekly basis...A truly underrated, under appreciated quarterback who wants nothing more than to see the players and coaches around him be winners.

"I remember after that 2nd touchdown he runs to the sideline, he's fired up. I was worried about him head-butting me with that helmet...I had to have my helmet on." That's what Vonnie Holliday said after the game. And how do you not love that from your quarterback? It's something I admittedly couldn't stand when he was a Jet...but now I'm loving it.

I'm truly happy for Chad. To be playing so well right now and leading this young team. I'm a big Chad Henne fan, but he's going to have to wait as long as this keeps up because Penny has earned it. And I'm sure he'll keep doing it too because he's a competitor. And he's got a lot of heart.

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I was one of the few that was happy about the Pennington signing from day 1. True, I hated him as a Jet, but only because he was so succesful against us. Our QB situation was in such dire straits, and to have a guy like Pennington fall into our laps was a blessing. Thanks again, Favre!

3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I was also happy about the signing, even though he exceeded my expectations. I was just glad that the guy that always dominates us is no longer playing agianst us. I live in NY so i watched a lot of jet games so i saw him play a lot, always liked the way he played. Glad hes on our side now!

4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I wasn't real happy with his signing, but he's grown on me. He threw a helluva block yesterday!

SICK likes this.
  5. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Hated the signing.

Love the results! I love it when I'm wrong like this!

6. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I myself am torn. I like the way he leads the team and manages the game, but at the same time I remember the green and white jersey that he worth for years. Though I can say he definitily has grown on me.

7. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Chad is one of the smartest football players I have ever seen. His football IQ is off the roof. I love this guy's personality.

Everytime I hear someone say that he can't throw the deep ball makes me remember that deep ball he threw to Coles that Sunday night few years back.

8. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Mr. Noodle arm is doing great. I liked the signing even tho it felt weird. He is just what this TEAM needed

9. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    I will admit that I have developed a man crush for Chad. He is everything you would want in a QB and Teammate. He seems like the guy next door that you would ask to play during a pick up football game one Sunday and to borrow a weedeater on Saturday. Just seems like a good person and I was very happy with his signing and what it has done for our beloved team.

10. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

The truth be known I hated this signing. I just knew that Penny would be another Trent Green in that he would get hurt and we would be left to flounder. But I couldn't see all the good that Penny would bring to us just by being here. My hat's off to Bill on this one!! And thanks go to the JETS for being so dumb/crazy to let this guy go!!

As ck said in another thread Pennys another Bob Griese out there, so very true!:wink2:

11. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I was ecstatic when I heard about the signing. How many times did you have to watch him beat Miami to know he was a winner? I couldn't be happier that he's here now. I hope he stays for a while.

12. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

My immediate question was about his overall health, given his history...that has been answered. He's exactly what this team needed. Is he going to take us to the SB this or next year ?? Doubtful, but he'll allow the rest of the team to mature and grow faster than if we'd had the other options at QB...He is an NFL caliber QB, something we haven't had here since Danny left...he is not, however, Danny or any semblance thereof...

opfinistic likes this.
  13. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    I was very happy when we signed him, if we were getting a healthy Chad...

After watching so many years killing our secondary, I felt that we now had someone who can do that to others...

14. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The greatest thing about the Chad signing is the way Jets fans are acting because of his success.

I posted on JN yesterday that Chad was "The cute girlfriend you broke up with... now you're with a way hotter chick but she can't cook and hates sports"

15. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Is it me or does Pennington look like he loves to play for the Dolphins and gets fired up on the field? It seems like he thinks he belongs in Miami. He leads the locker room, he whirls the towel over his head and every time he runs for a first down he does the first down arm chop. Did he do all that when he was with the Jets?

Idahophin likes this.
  16. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    I for one hated the Chad P. signing, but i'm a proud supporter now. :up:
    I was more worried about his arm than anything else. :wink2:

17. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    While the guy certainly isnt a savior and an all star quarterback, he is a big improvement and certainly a class act and a breath of fresh air. I dont believe he's the guy to lead us to the super bowl but i do think he's one to get us to the playoffs. He's also an excellent mentor for young Chad Henne. The timing seems to be flawless.

18. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    No doubt. It's very sweet to watch the Jets fans cry about Pennington's success. Can you imagine what they will say if we finish ahead of them in the standings? Oh man that will be gold.

opfinistic and HardKoreXXX like this.
  19. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Dude, with the money they spent in the offseason (which I debated heavily with some Jets posters here) they should be at 5-2 or 6-1.

I also remember saying if Mangini did not bring them to the playoffs he is out as coach. Now the Jets could rebound and have a nice second half, but no Jets fan can tell me their record would be worse with Chad.

Especially when you consider part of NY's struggles have been due in part to Bretts struggles. The guy has 11 picks this year, a couple retuned for TD's, and taken quite a few sacks.

Rocky Raccoon and Ronnie Bass like this.
  20. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Chad was a great player at Marshall. Now he's a great player for Miami. It's great to see. He's a wonderful guy. His biggest strengths are his selflessness, his knowledge of the game, his competitiveness, and his leadership. Not to mention, he's athletically gifted as well.

I was happy about the signing and I'm glad he's playing well.

cnc66 likes this.
  21. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Never in a million years did I think Chad Pennington would be our QB and I be thrilled to death.

22. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Pennington has been the rock that has this team at 3-4. I can safely say the 4 losses are not a result of his play which I haven't been able to say in years about the Fins QB play.

Here's to Penny. :ffic:

23. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    If the Jets don't make the playoffs...Mangini and Favre will both be gone.

24. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I'm not thrilled. I'm ok with it. Not thrilled though.

25. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Like i said :D