1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Charles Harris thread...deserved.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jun 9, 2017.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    thats pretty cool..

wanna know what's also cool..

reports are from Matt burke that its not just his talent but his relentlessness in practice..''he goes hard every rep, doesn't stop, were giving him a lot and he's keeping up''

as you can tell I just like to talk about our new additions to the roster.

I know KC Joyner watches the film so this is encouraging coming from a tough conference.

kid has raw talent and seemingly the pro worth ethic to be great...thats usually the recipe for success.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Mafioso, firedan, dolphin25 and 6 others like this.
  2. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    he's biting as a pup..

3. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    interesting...on the inside..hmmm

danmarino likes this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Harris is a stud-in-waiting... but he will be victimized early on by savvy OC's and OL coaches who will figure out how to exploit his inexperience and any holes in his game.

For instance, Gase is already thinking about this and mentioned wanting to prepare Chuck for dealing with OL trap plays that exploit his over-aggressiveness.

5. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I think you have to add smarts to that list too. Our high round busts on D (Dion Jordan, Jason Allen come to mind in particular) have a lot of guys who had a sack of hammers between their ears.

6. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    to beat Brady you have beat Brady

Puka-head likes this.
  7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    imo, this is what you see on tape...sometimes he looked like a basketball player on the field.

also folks talk about his lethal spin move, and it does have potential, but he needs to learn more moves otherwise it will be ineffective.so many times he was throwing it at tackles just because, with no effectiveness..and sometimes he had a singular mindset, which means he wasn't concerned with the ball, just beating the tackle..

my hope is now that we know he is a beast above the shoulders, the athlete will adapt and mimic athletic movements that he's being taught.

Dolphin North and Bpk like this.
  8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    it seems their whole offense has been schemed to defy pressure and get the ball out asap..hence all the crossing and rub routes...

actually I'm not sure what the best way is to beat brady, I've brought it up several times, but I never find a conviction..

im not sure if its just great mirroring cover corners like a teez tabor, or a great pass rushing duo like you allude to, or its to develop a ball control offense of all ball control offenses and just keep the dude off the field.

If Ryan tannehill corrects his biggest weakness this year, we have the potential to have a very good ball control offense..to be an elite one our line we need to be better but I think we can be very good.

dolphin25 likes this.
  9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    ''The Dolphins identified Charles Harris as their guy a month ago — in March.

That, by the way, is really, really early in the draft process, particularly when a team is picking in the last third of the NFL Draft’s first round.

And yet, Harris was the Dolphins’ guy. They met him once at the NFL Scouting Combine in March and that, plus the tape of him chasing quarterbacks and running backs and making 12 tackles for loss and collecting nine sacks as a junior, sold them on their first-round selection Thursday.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article147311299.html#storylink=cpy

Puka-head and resnor like this.
  10. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I've said it before, but to beat Brady you need to beat the Pats o-line.

11. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    IMO, beating their o-line without the blitz beats Brady every time. In fact, you don't even have to get to him too much as long as you're in his face. Once he feels consistent pressure he wilts.

firedan, Dolphin North and Puka-head like this.
  12. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Not sure I would go that far, but like most QB's he doesn't like having a dirty pocket.

The Pats offense is all about timing and guys being at a spot when they are supposed to be. If you can disrupt that timing then you have a chance at beating them and forcing Brady off his game some. Sacks and Knockdowns are icing on the cake.

dolphin25 likes this.
  13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    He may get disctracted but Then he adapts...see biggest comeback in super bowl history Dano..thats why its a tough philosophy to figure out..the falcons got great pressure on him in the first half..he was throwing some inaccurate balls..but then he came out and cut them real nice..so once again I'm left wondering what the best way to go about this..to me the most logical is to build a ground control efficient offense that eats clock....or maybe to acquire excellent cover corners...pressure can be mitigated

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    dolphin25 likes this.
  14. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Brady isn't used to it so he tends to wilt much harder. He starts yelling at OL, waving for flags etc. It's like a full on meltdown. It's fun to watch.

15. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    The Dolphins make that ***** Marsha cry!!! That's how you beat that azz! Ask him if he has nightmares about Wake and Suh, he'll say no, but his eyes will show you his fear!

Unfortunately the pasties seem to have discovered running the ball. Best way to beat Brady is like any other great QB and offense. Keep the ball out of his equipment guys hands so he can't cheat.

I mean keep his Offense on the bench.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    danmarino and Dolphin North like this.
  16. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    He didn't adapt. The Falcons ran out of steam and then the playing calling at the end for the Falcons cost them that game.

resnor and Puka-head like this.
  17. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Don't forget the fact that the WR's and Brady know where the coverage won't be because they know the defensive play before hand.

18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The falcons ran out of steam?..whos fault is that....that means brady kept coming and they ran out of steam..means you better have a plan b.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Tin Indian and dolphin25 like this.
  19. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It means that Brady didn't adapt, the defense just couldn't keep up the effort they initially had.

One description credits Brady with doing something, one is accurate and says that the defense ran out of gas.

20. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    The Pats weren't doing anything. The defense ran out of steam and the Pats came back. The Falcons still would have won if they had ran the ball 3 times and kicked a FG.

Paul 13 and resnor like this.
  21. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    The Patriots last two super bowl "wins" should not have been. Carroll should have handed the ball off to Lynch and the Seahawks win that one... Falcons should have handed the ball off to Freeman, and the Falcons win. Last two were GIFTS. CHOKE JOBS.

22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    what? so your counting on your team to have more gas?...

their gameplan didn't change Brady just figured that sh## out...brady linked and dunked them...to their death..

Finster likes this.
  23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    again with the steam dano..so your saying that it was the nfc champions fault that they didn't have enough steam?

I guess they just have to be more conditioned to face Brady otherwise he will cut you up real nice right?

Finster and jdang307 like this.
  24. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    A Brady discussion in a Harris thread. WTH.

The Falcons were killing the Pats in the first half. They were clogging the middle up dropping a LB back there. The ATL defense did get gassed (leave it to BB to know to keep running the ball down 100 points). The Patriots also adjusted. In the 2nd half they were attacking the outside since the Falcons were dead set on clogging the middle. You started hearing Mitchell's name, Hogan, and Amendola on outside passes.

Tin Indian, dolphin25 and djphinfan like this.
  25. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    No. I think the Falcons could have planned better. Just like they should have planned their drive where they were about to go up by 2 scores and thus won the game better.

Look, I'm not saying that the Pats didn't have the guts and wherewithal to come back from such a large deficit. I do, however, think that they got lucky in regards to the Falcons coaching errors. I know that's a part of the game, but I think the Pats are getting too much credit for not only this last Super Bowl, but the one before too. I mean, look at the Pats two losses against the Giants. A lot of people (including some here) will claim that the Giants got lucky and they do not give them the credit they deserve. However, the Giants made great plays and won. The Pats won their last 2 Super Bowls mainly because of the other team's play calling at the end of the game. The Pats won their first 3 due to cheating.

**** the cheaters. I give them no benefit of the doubt. lol

Paul 13 and resnor like this.
  26. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    so you think the Pats are cheaters?

danmarino and dolphin25 like this.
  27. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Its just bias, DJ, to look at that game, and credit Brady. Give him credit, for going out and continuing to do what he was suppressed to do, the difference in the second half was not Brady, though, it was the Falcons D not getting pressure.

28. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yes.

29. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Kinda

resnor likes this.
  30. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    bigly

danmarino likes this.
  31. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article155653349.html

The Miami Dolphins have no idea whether Charles Harris will be a fine player or not because regular-season games don’t start for another 13 weeks and, obviously, those will ultimately determine the truth about the team’s first-round draft pick. But there are signs that make the team hopeful Harris is a keeper.

Although the defensive end hasn’t put on shoulder pads or practiced with any significant contact yet, the Dolphins’ excitement about him is well chronicled. It can go almost without saying here because it’s been reported over and over already: Harris has a great first step. He’s got a great motor, meaning he goes hard every play.

He looks the part on the field.

And off the field, the news is almost better.

Seems this first-round pick is coming to the Dolphins eager and hungry. He’s full of energy. And questions. Oh, yeah, and he’s using his head.

Consider that he had one opportunity since draft day to meet Hall of Fame defensive end Jason Taylor.

Harris tried to maximize meeting, turning it into an opportunity. That’s because almost as soon as the rookie was introduced to Taylor, he asked if he could work with Taylor.

“Yeah he did,” Taylor texted. “It was 30 seconds after I met him. He wants to work out and watch film together.”

The work has obviously not yet begun. The Dolphins just finished a string of OTA practices and have a mandatory minicamp on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

But this will happen because both parties want it. Taylor has cleared the idea with the Dolphins who are thrilled their rookie not only has the desire to learn from one of the NFL’s all-time best pass-rushers -- Taylor finished with 139 1/2 sacks in 17 seasons -- but are also impressed Harris even got the idea.

resnor, Finster, dolphin25 and 3 others like this.
  32. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Pretty much a given at this point. Once you fornicate a goat...you are a Goat Fornicator.

resnor likes this.
  33. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    That gave me a little chicken skin. Harris learning from Thomas, THill mentored by the MAN, I saw Madison reviewing Tankersly, come on coach him up then Sam. Could we get Keuchenberg to come show the Guards how to be? Maybe Csonka and Morris could come work with Ajayi and Drake and Grant? Zach watching film with the Kwon, anybody know where Mathieson is?

Much respect to the rookie for recognizing and respecting the legacy.

dolphin25 likes this.
  34. zatrex99

zatrex99 Member

Apr 9, 2017
    I can't wait for the moment when Harris and Wake meet at Tom Brady's location in a game.

35. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    what is chicken skin?

36. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    goosebumps

Fin D likes this.
  37. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    ...and his head pops off and bounces a couple of yards.

38. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    a lot of times you have to beat the refs too

Fin D and resnor like this.