1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Christian Thread

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by The Rev, Apr 22, 2008.

1. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Hi every one

Here are the lyrics to a MercyMe song that I truly love. I hope you all enjoy the message in it also. I don't have a video, but if any of you can find it and really listen to the words and meaning, it is a song for ALL of us.

"HOLD FAST"
    To everyone who's hurting * To those who've had enough
    To all the undeserving* That should cover all of us.
    Please do not let go, I promise there is hope
    Hold Fast * Help is on the way * Hold Fast
    He's come to save the day
    What I've learned in my life* One thing greater than my strife* Is His grasp * So Hold Fast.
    Will this season ever pass * Can we stop this ride
    Will we see the sun at last * Or could this be our lot in life
    You may think you're all alone* And there's no way that anyone could know what you're going through
    But if you only hear one thing * Just understand that we are all the same* Searching for the truth * The truth of what we're soon to face * unless someone comes to take out place * Is there anyone * All we want is to be free Free from out captivity Lord * Here He comes *
    Hold Fast * Help is on the way * Hold Fast
    He's come to save the day
    What I've learned in my life * One thing greater than my strife *
    Is Your grasp
    So Hold Fast.

2. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Merry Christmas Everyone ! This is a song I have been looking for a long, long time and finally found it. I have my present for this glorious Christmas morning. Please listen to the words.....they are so profound !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NRd0bGP9yo]YouTube - Russ Taff - I Cry[/ame]

PhinsRock likes this.
  3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    On this celebration of the birth of our Savior, I wish you all a Merry Christmas. May God bless you all.

dolphindebby, PhinsRock and PMZQ like this.
  4. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

God's blessings and a very merry Christmas!

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

He will never, ever forget you, nor turn from you, not even for a millisecond my good friend. We turn away from Him, He NEVER turns away from us, His love for you is deeper and stronger than you can comprehend. Soak it in, bask in it. For he so loved YOU that He would have given His only Son, Jesus Christ, even if it were just to save only one person; you. That is how much God loves you, please do not ever forget that, not for a second.

PMZQ, dolphindebby and cnc66 like this.
  6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

On this day of remembrance of our beloved Savior's birth, I just want to wish all my brothers and sisters in Christ the Merriest of Christmas celebrations. For unto us a child is born, and He has given us the greatest gift that can ever be given, the gift of Holy Spirit and eternal life with our Heavenly Father. Praise God and His Heavenly Host. My love and best wishes to you all!

7. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

For the new year, I wish to share a special message:

Pastor, if you would write a blessing for us and for the New Year, it would be appreciated.

Happy New Year everyone and may the Lord give us what we need and not always what we want.

GB

8. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    All of you are so special to me in here. I feel as if I'm in church learning when I'm in here with you guys.
    My prayer is that your New Year is fully blessed and rich in love.
    With my love & prayers,
    Debby

9. Ohiophinphan

This is the traditional Gospel text for "watchnight", the New Year's Eve service.

May Almighty God indeed bless us, use us, and grant us one more chance to be the people He would have us be, in the places where He has put us! May we all bear good fruit!

May all, especially those of our "family", in any need find healing, acceptance, restoration, and, most importantly, peace in the upcoming year.

njfinfan, Regan21286, PMZQ and 2 others like this.
  10. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thank you so much.
    I am blessed to know you guys here.
    Love & prayers,
    Debby

njfinfan, The Rev and Ohiophinphan like this.
  11. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Happy New Year to Debby and all my other Christian DolFan Brothers and Sisters. This next year looks to be a trying year on many fronts, and may the Lord Bless you, and your families.

I also wish a prayer on our new President & Congress. May they make decisions with His guidence.

njfinfan, The Rev, Regan21286 and 2 others like this.
  12. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thanks Kev.
    I pray you have a wonderful New Year!
    Love,
    Debby

The Rev, Ohiophinphan and PMZQ like this.
  13. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Prayer please

Please remember me in your prayers.
    I have been having a lot of anxiety attacks lately. My Dr. has given me help and meds, but they still are scary to me.
    There's no known reason why they happen, it seems, they just hit. Mine, for some reason seem to come in the morning hours before noon. My Dr. said a lot of people do this and to try to work through it and use my meds if I have to.
    Of course, it affects my stomach etc. etc.
    Please just pray for my spiritual, physical and mental healing. I know God can and will do this...because He said He would. And if 3 or more pray together, He will answer.
    Thank you all. Now I'll wait for the healing to begin! Praise the Lord!
    It's better just knowing you're out there for me.
    Love and God Bless,
    Debby

My family, friends and church have me in prayer also.

14. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    You'll be in my prayers. Hope you feel better.

dolphindebby likes this.
  15. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Sister Debby, I have suffered from these for more than 24 years (Dec 6th, 1985 was my 1st). They are frieghtening, painful, hurtful and scary. Those that do not have them, cannot beging to understand how awful they are.

Make sure you keep doing everything you are used to doing, and DO NOT START AVOIDANCE BEHAVIOR no matter what you do. Once you start down the path of saying "Oh well I won't do that, I may have a panic attack" you start to close in your world, and it becomes a dark small hole from which you feel you will never climb out of.

I know of this hole, because I presently live in one. Its lonely, and hurtful, and prevents you from living the life you know you should have. I have missed out on so many things in life but I know God has a purpose for all of this.

Keep praying and one day He will open your eyes and mind to why He is doing this. I have faith that one day God will clue me in, but so far I just have my faith that it is part of His plan to teach me about His love and His plan for my life.

God Bless you sister, and your family. This can become a burden on not only yourself, but those that you love and that love you. Do everything in your power, with the help of the Lord Jesus to battle these attacks.

We will overcome only with the love and help of Our Immortal Father in Heaven. :up:

njfinfan, The Rev and Ohiophinphan like this.
  16. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thank you Kev.
    Believe me, I will force myself to get going and not just sit.
    I have had them for the last 10 years. But it's just something you can't get used to.
    I also believe He can heal them and that they are from Satan, not the Lord. Satan messes with our minds to keep us from being close to the Lord. That's why prayer is so important to me, I want Satan out and the light of Jesus to shine from me.
    I will pray for you to Kev. We'll be ok, with His help and prayer.
    Debby

njfinfan and PMZQ like this.
  17. Ohiophinphan

Deb, You have my prayers and well wishes. (Kev, you have had them and will continue)

Keep in mind evil is real. God can work good through the evil that is attacking you, but the evil itself is real. But as God told Paul, "My grace is sufficent for you!"

May God bless and keep you both!

njfinfan, The Rev, PMZQ and 1 other person like this.
  18. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thank you pastor.
    I know this. That is why I choose to fight this with all I have.
    I have gotten through the past two days with out having one. I cut my meds in half like the Dr. told me when they're ebbing off.
    That's why I like the song Hold Fast. Because in it it says "Help is on the way".
    I think my problem is that I get angry at myself for letting them get to me, then my diverticulitis kicks in etc. etc. So I seem to make matters worse.
    But, even tho' my head says one thing, I do all I can to know Jesus is in my heart and He will get me through this.
    Satan will not beat me!
    Thanks you for your prayers. I love you for your concern.
    I knew coming in here was a good idea.
    Love,
    Debby

njfinfan and Ohiophinphan like this.
  19. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Debby there is a program put out by The Midwest Center, that specifically attacks this problem. While not a cure-all, it has helped me tremendously. I can help you with this. PM me if you are interested. God Bless you sister.

njfinfan and Ohiophinphan like this.
  20. The Rev

...and if I can add:
    You have my prayers and my love, Deb. :wink2:

dolphindebby likes this.
  21. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Thanks for including me Rev, much appreciated. :sad:

22. The Rev

:sad:

Sorry, Kev.
    You know you have my prayers, too. :wink2:

23. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thank you!
    With all your prayers how can I lose?
    I love all of you so much.
    God Bless You All.
    You bring tears of pure joy to my eyes.
    I never forget you in my prayers. :console:

24. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Ah, come on Kev, you know none of them forget any of us.
    We're always in their prayers.
    Debby

See, the Rev beat me to my post!
    We're lucky to have such support here!

25. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Well no matter how someone treats me, I know I have a good heart, and I love the Lord. I guess He had to endure insults as well, then so can I. :wink2:

26. The Rev

No insults intended, brother.

njfinfan and PMZQ like this.
  27. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    apology accepted

njfinfan likes this.
  28. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I just read Mary's thread and now feel like a jerk. I am sorry to have made a mountain of a moehill and I apologize to you Rev. I have a lot of praying today to get forgiveness. :pity:

dolphindebby and njfinfan like this.
  29. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Take it from Kev, and me Deb. www.stresscenter.com Chris ordered it when he was really down in the dumps and the program has helped him enormously. When he called yesterday to say that he had to return it because he didn't have the $65.00 to pay, they told him to keep it for another month, at no charge and see if he's in a better position next month, so they will work with you. :up:

PMZQ and dolphindebby like this.
  30. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Mary this is the very program that I have offered to give to Debby by PM. :up: :up: :up: I have the full program and am going to try to get it to her asap.

This WILL help. Especially the relaxation CD its a godsend ! Combine listening to that, with 20 or 30 minutes of Bible study, it clears the mind and relieves all your anxiety. They teach you breathe right and concentrate.....add the soothing love of reading passages from the Bible and you will be uplifted ! :up: :up: :up:

31. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    That combined with your 11 year old first reading you passages from her Precious Moments Bible she got for Christmas, which she absolutely treasures. And she loves to sit with us on the couch and just read and read to us from it. It's truly uplifting and touching.

dolphindebby, Ohiophinphan and PMZQ like this.
  32. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Oh Mary, that brought tears to my eyes.
    Thanks for sharing that.

njfinfan likes this.
  33. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Of course my dear friend. Why would I not. I'd like to share something else. Meghan has been struggling with math in school but got her grade up from a D last year to an A+ this first marking period. She has been appointed both a mentor and a tutor to the other children who are struggling with math, as well as other subjects in her tutoring program. Chris and I could not be prouder. Both our girls make us proud every day in the things they say and the way they conduct themselves in public and we receive comments all the time about their manners and how well behaved they are. :up: Gotta give a proud momma some props! :lol:

34. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You got props from me girl.
    Aren't we blessed?
    My kids and grandgirls make me so proud, I can't stand it sometimes..
    Give those two and Chris a hug for me. I haven't sent them one in a while.
    Love Ya girl.:yes:

njfinfan likes this.
  35. The Rev

Prayer Request

Hi all,
    My mom is having a heart cauterization tomorrow morning (Friday). This in itself would not be so bad if not that when my dad had it 4 years, they found 4 arteries clogged. Subsequently, he had a quadruple bypass, where he developed complications in recovery. He was in ICU for over 2 weeks and we came close to losing him a couple times. But thankfully, God, was not done with him, yet.

I'm sure nothing is going to go wrong with mom, it's just that all of this cauterization talk is bringing back bad memories. Please pray for my mom and our family.
    Thanks and GB,
    Raul

36. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You've got it my friend. Anytime!
    God bless you and your family.
    And God bless her Drs. and nurses.
    Debby

The Rev likes this.
  37. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    My prayers and thoughts are with your mom Raul. His healing hands will be with her. :up:

The Rev likes this.
  38. Ohiophinphan

I have lifted your Mom (and your whole family) up in my prayers already and will again tomorrow.

The Rev likes this.
  39. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Prayers and thoughts for your mom and your family. Hope for the best.

The Rev likes this.
  40. The Rev

Just got back from the hospital and its all good.
    She had a 50% blockage in one vein and this is treatable with diet and medication.
    She does not need surgery and they did not need to place a stenth(sp?).

Thanks for all the concern and prayers my brothers and sisters. Needless to say, we are all thrilled. :wink2:

Now, if I could just get her to rest a little bit. :tantrum:

Da 'Fins, DOLPHAN1, cnc66 and 3 others like this.