1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dark Knight Spoiler thread. Don't come in if you haven't seen the movie.

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by BuckeyeKing, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Okay guys...gonna provide a public service.

I collect sports memorabilia and recently, i have started to collect AUTOGRAPHED movie posters. batman is one of my favorite superhroes, so I bought a Original BATMAN poster signed by Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, (the whole cast)..etc..etc...

I just called the guy I most trust for these posters (They happen to be from media events for the movie where the cast signs about 500 posters to give away to the media, etc...)

I asked about a Dark Knight Poster with a Ledger autograph on it.....IT DOES NOT EXIST.

The availability for the signings only had Bale, Gyllenhal, Nolan, Oldman, Caine and Freeman. Heath ledger was NOT available...for obvious reasons.

THERE ARE NO SIGNED movie posters/ props/ collectables with Ledgers autograph on it..ANYWHERE.

So if any of you go on the hunt for any collectibles...keep this in mind.

BTW...a "complete" cast movie poster for TDK is running around $350 to $500 right now.

DevilFin13 and alen1 like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    2Face, and Riddler or Catwoman. I'm hoping they don't have more than 2 in the next film.

4. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    The link doesn't cite much at all, just speculation. Eckhardt saying he'd love to work with everyone again isn't him explaining that Two-Face is alive.

I love great twists. Nolan has always been a great executor of the twist, from his first film Following, as well as Memento, Batman Begins, The Prestige, and The Dark Knight as well (Gordon's fake death) But one of the big rules of the twist is that you don't cheat it. You watch a film again and the clues are all there. Has anyone seen anything after Harvey falls that foreshadows that he is still alive? Something that parallels Gordon's fake death? I'd love to have a reason to believe, since I think killing him off was a mistake. But I just don't see it.

5. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Not to mention the twist would be ruined by carrying it over to a 3rd movie, making it not a twist at all. We'd know that Eckhart was filming the 3rd movie, so we'd know that his character is still alive.

Until I see Nolan, or the studio, talking about villains for the 3rd movie I'll assume he's dead. If they do bring him back they better have a pretty good explanation other than, Eckhart was so good and people liked two-face so much we changed our minds about that whole death thing.

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    they foreshadowed it (imo).....heres reason to believe....

earlier in the flick....batman is holding the big cheese from the mob off a balcony....the guy laughs and says something to the extent of "you stupid? I wouldn't die from this height" and batman says "im counting on it"....and he just breaks his legs.....

it seems dent fell from the same height (so imo) he is still alive....or could be :up:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  7. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Another thing about that fall at the end is that Gordon thinks Batman is seriously hurt. He was almost assuming he was dead. I think it was at least a bit higher then from where the mob boss fell. And the camera pans in towards Dent and Batman. There is no sign that Dent is breathing, conscious, or alive. Batman and Gordon immediately assume he is dead and Batman even moves his head to show only the unscared portion of his face, symbolizing that he wants people to only know about the good Dent and not the one him and Gordon have come to know.

Plus that thing with dropping the mob boss could have been purely coincidental when compared to Dent's fall. Its not a certainty that he meant for it to be foreshadowing. It seems to me this is kind of like the question of is there a God. No one can prove it one way or another. So I'm not going to say with conviction that Dent is dead. But based on the evidence I've been presented, I'd guess he is dead and not coming back.

8. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    How do we even know Dent fell from the exact height as Boss Maroni?

9. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I think it was 3 stories for the 2 face Batman fall. Maroni was 4 stories. I would have to go back and check.

10. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Are you sure? Its hard to tell how high they all were.

11. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    No really maybe 35% :lol:

FinSane likes this.
  12. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    http://www.whysoserious.com/reports/comicon.htm

WB did a joker promotion last year 7/27 at Comic-Con where they had someone fake a death. That's why it was crossed off on the list on whysoserious.com. It was a level that was over with.

http://batman.wikibruce.com/Whysoserious.com/ComicCon

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
    Section126 and alen1 like this.
  13. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Yes. That and the fact that we've had 2 major characters, Ra's Al Ghul and Gordon left presumed dead, only to pop up again.
    And while I would just throw away the line about that height not killing someone, Nolan's writing team has been clever enough to give many lines of dialogue more than one meaning.

But for me that just isn't enough. Not for a twist that would carry over to a movie that is at least 3 years away, and may not be made by the same creative team. It is enough to give the producers some wiggle room to resurrect Dent, but for the purposes of Nolan's The Dark Knight, he is dead.

They would need to flashback to the final scene in this movie and show Dent waking, and Gordon aware of it, setting up a coverup. One perhaps Batman doesn't even know about. But if they were thinking that all along, the payoff for withholding even a hint of that isn't worth the way most fans will feel cheated by what they all were told within the story of The Dark Knight. I don't see a reason to save that truth until another movie.

14. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY

I'm split 50/50 on it. It would make sense that Dent is dead for the obvious reasons that everyone has stated already. It would also serve as another symbol of Batman becoming a vigilante and having to kill someone.

I really think the whole thing depends on if Nolan comes back and what happens with the Joker. Way too many questions to really figure out now.

15. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    How about the riddler as the next villian

16. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Do you want to know why I use a knife? You see, guns are too quick. You can't savor all of the little...emotions. In their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way...I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  17. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    There are a lot of choices...
    The Riddler
    Catwoman
    Poison Ivy
    Mr. Freeze
    Penguin

I am sure I forgot someone tho

I would like to see catwoman, But there would have to be another villian also

18. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    i think if they can do the riddler the right way, and have a good actor play him, it could turn out amazing...

19. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    when does the dark knight come out on DVD? I want it now!!!! Im becoming obsessed. Why did Ledger die!!!!! WHY!!!???? They could have kicked Batman to the curb and made 10 more Joker movies!!! More, I WANT MORE!!!!

Uncle Rico likes this.
  20. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    As long as the riddler is the exactly opposite of the Joker.

21. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Go find a pirated copy. Or go see it again in theaters. Or admit yourself to an asylum. Arkham maybe?

22. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    huh, at the batman premier The Penguin was there...
    [​IMG]

Regan21286 likes this.
  23. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Yeah they just have to find the perfect person for that role. It would be great to see a better Riddler than Jim Carey.

Jt0323 likes this.
  24. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    posted this earlier. since were talking Riddler here.
    not sure everyone seen it.

25. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    They cant go over board with the Question marks with the riddler, i love that version in the fan poster
    [​IMG]

26. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    cain was eating penguin????

27. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Is it out there yet?

28. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    yes it is.

Uncle Rico likes this.
  29. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008

WOW quick reply, thanks.

30. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    yeah...but why watch that ****ty pirated copy? either wait for a DVD rip or better yet go watch it in a theater!

31. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Saw it at IMAX and will probably go again.

32. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah the quality sucks but to watch certain parts its alright.

33. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Is it someone holding a camera while in the theater?

34. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Yep.

I did see a good one floating around that someone took in an IMAX theater who either had a mini tripod or a very steady grip.

35. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    link?

How's the sound? That's the most important part!

36. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I don't have the link. Didn't really ask for it. I just saw someone on a laptop with it while I was eating outside. Sounded ok. No pops or static even on his laptop's speakers. Pretty much just a slight notch below a DVD-RIP.

37. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Didn't check to see if this was posted already.

[​IMG]

38. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    That gif is about the quality of the pirated copy. I watched it for the most part not a bad copy at all. Especially if you want to see it more than once much cheaper. Although it should be seen at least once in theaters.

I dont know if posted but the joker no makeup at the gun part.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
    Brown42000, alen1, Clark Kent and 2 others like this.
  39. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    It would be a mistake? The Riddler, depending on the comic can be very cold-blooded and dark. He's most famous for leaving riddles after his crimes, but also equally for his death traps (ala SAW, but in a different and smarter direction).

He IS a serial killer. If he were to be the Villain in TDK 2 (working title) you better believe he'll be as dark and cold blooded as ever.

However being a serial killer and being the Joker are two different things. The Riddler won't be running around blowing up buildings. It will be more complex then the Jokers sociological experiments.

I actually love this idea.

I would go with almost a sherlock holmes idea. Brilliant detective who becomes disgruntled/bored with his job.

He then stages death traps around the city leaving his riddles. Possibily to see if anyone is smart enough to catch him and perhaps to draw Batman out.

Just throwing an idea out off the top of my head.

There's also gotta be another Villain. There's always one dominate.

I'm surprised anyone wants Catwoman. She's a pretty one dimensional character. I'm not sure she even fits in Nolan's Batman. Anyone know of a comic that CW was really good in?

Anyway, cast would be Hugh Laurie for the Riddler. Easily play a narcissistic ego maniac with OCD. Not to mention he already can work a cane. Plus he's English which is almost a prerequisite for Nolan.

If they were doing catwoman, I would say Charlize Theron 100%.

Jt0323 likes this.