1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The difference between this program and others

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 12, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    I wrote a column about Bill Parcells and his devotion and belief in his offseason program in today's Herald.

It is a subject I've written about a handful of times already this offseason between the blog and the newspaper's pages. The reason for my coverage is that the program is IMPORTANT. As I wrote, Parcells believes one way to make the Dolphins better in the Fall is to have them get in shape in the Spring.

When I wrote about the topic before, a skeptic (read smart ***) suggested I was building up the conditioning program after tearing down the way Don Shula and Jimmy Johnson and then Dave Wannstedt worked their teams early before they collapsed in December.

The skeptic (read smart ***) said I was against hard work then but seem to be for it now.

Wrong.

LINK TO STORY
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Last edited: May 12, 2008
    brandon27 likes this.
  2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I'm confused, are you Armando AT? Your post makes me think you are Armando Salguero, sorry but it is very confusing to me.

Bpk likes this.
  3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

no :no: i just post the news i find that's it.

4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Sorry AT, I didn't mean to be wierd, but I couldn't find in the article any of what you quoted, and wondered where it came from.

Bpk likes this.
  5. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

Sorry about that PhinsRock wrong link.
    the correct one
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Hey ATV, thanks for the post.

Still, I have to say, the practice of starting your posts with articles saying "I wrote..." always makes me think it's YOU speaking, until I get further. hich leads me to wonder... how will I ever know if it IS you speaking?

At this point, if you wrote your own opinion and words in a post, I'd get confused because now I assume every post of yours is a quote without the quotation marks. I've just gotten used to expecting your posts to be quotes, so they don;t throw me anymore, as long as you don;t switch to personal commentary on us.

Regarding the article, it is DEFNITELY of more benefit to train with free weights than machines. DEFINITELY. Much more functional strength. More stabilizers. more strength and hypertrophy of muscle.
    Very good stuff.

Bpk

7. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    sorry about that guys i will make adjustments.....

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    This looks to me like Armando was actually doing exactly what the skeptic (smart ***) was accusing him of, but Armando dug around and found an angle he could use to try and differentiate what use to happen and what is currently happening.

Bpk likes this.
  9. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    x2

for a second there i thought YOU were Armando. I was about to say, watch out for the flaming that will soon follow! :D

:up:

thanks for the link.