The Dolphins' Answer at WR?

18 replies

NFnfldraft2010New MemberOP
Feb 11, 2010, 05:29 PM

Demaryius Thomas may be the most physically gifted receiver in the draft, and has a chance to eventually be an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson type player in the NFL. He's still raw, but his value will only go up after the combine. He may be a slight reach in the first round, but could end up being a steal in the second.

See for yourself:

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2015

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Feb 11, 2010, 05:33 PM

Admittedly, I haven't seen him play. But, I like his size. Hope to see him at the combine.

Is he gonna be part of it does anyone know?

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

NYFinFanNYFinFanNew Member
Feb 11, 2010, 05:41 PM

I'm really hoping Miami takes him. I loved watching him play and think he's going to be a very very good WR.

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Feb 11, 2010, 05:46 PM

The Sporting News Today's mock draft published today has the Dolphins taking him.

miamironmiamironForum Veteran
Feb 11, 2010, 05:47 PM

YouTube- WR Demaryius Thomas Highlights/Lowlights 2009 Georgia Tech

NYFinFanNYFinFanNew Member
Feb 11, 2010, 05:49 PM

"miamiron wrote:

YouTube- WR Demaryius Thomas Highlights/Lowlights 2009 Georgia Tech

3:20 of that video gets me every time. Ridiculous acceleration after that stiff arm.

Feb 11, 2010, 05:50 PM

The last workout warrior we had at WR was....David Boston.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

findifferencefindifferenceNew Member
Feb 11, 2010, 06:10 PM

I like the fact that he isn't affraid to block.

Dolfan330Dolfan330New Member
Feb 11, 2010, 06:12 PM

His acceleration and size are great. Looks like the type of physical player we're really in need of. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him.

Release the Kraken!

dukane5dukane5New Member
Feb 11, 2010, 06:25 PM

Bring him on....size and acceleration opposite Ginn....
Would like to see a video of him catching balls across the middle though.
His size is impressive.

Whitedolphin54Whitedolphin54Luxury Box
Feb 11, 2010, 06:28 PM

I like what I saw of him. Did you see that block by the OT on one of those plays. That was great too !

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Feb 11, 2010, 10:36 PM

I hope we draft this guy.

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Feb 11, 2010, 10:57 PM

I'm personally not impressed.
The only route I have seem him run has been a fly.
Not going to work coming into the NFL. Comparisons to Andre or Calvin shouldn't come until you can show you can go across the middle and catch a ball. That's what really separates great WRs in the NFL. Not couting Randy Moss of course, just because he is the most physically gifted player ever in the NFL.
He has great measurable and certainly is physical, but I'm just not impressed.

He will be overreached for in the draft, and just doesn't plain have skills right now. He's one of those players that would be wonderful to take a gamble with a late 2nd, early 3rd. Won't have the luxury of getting him there.

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Feb 12, 2010, 12:39 AM

if Dez Bryant is there in the first he is the answer if not then Thomas wouldnt be bad either

ClipseClipseNew Member
Feb 12, 2010, 01:44 AM

Love Thomas. Possibly the best WR in the draft at getting YAC. That's the propblem with our current WR corp, no YAC whatsoever. Also hands down the best blocking WR in the draft, and we all know Parcells covets WR's who can block. Thomas reminds me a lot of Marques Colston, and Parcells really likes Colston.

NorFlaFinNorFlaFinForum Veteran
Feb 12, 2010, 02:08 PM

Pat Turner is the 6'5" developmental receiver; not another.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Feb 12, 2010, 02:10 PM

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

The last workout warrior we had at WR was....David Boston.

Had his needs held up, Boston would have been a very legitimate receiver in the league. Oh and the whole steroid thing. But I dont think DT is on roids....

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Feb 12, 2010, 02:36 PM

"NorFlaFin wrote:

Pat Turner is the 6'5" developmental receiver; not another.

Pat Turner couldn't hold a candle to this guy IMO. Thomas is A LOT more physical, and has great strength at blocking and getting seperation.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Feb 12, 2010, 03:23 PM

believe we will resolve the WR & ILB issues in the draft:
Thomas or Bryant are obvious candidates
for the WR/PlayMaker spot & McClain @ ILB

look for us to pick up a NT & FS in FreeAgency

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -