1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the end of Bill Belichik era?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by BrazForPhins, Dec 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    I'm kind of busy lately so I'm not well informed about the other teams in the NFL, (concentrating all the free time to the phins :lol:)

With brief reports popping out lately are we getting near the end of "Belichik" era? Not only regarding the Patriots, but all around the league.

.Crennel seems on the bubble in CLE :cry:
    .Mangini got fired :no:
    .NE lost control of AFC East :sad:
    .Brady might miss another season :angry:
    .The Phins are back :yes: (it's not belichick related but I had to include in the list LOL)

Some other failure regarding Belichick ramifications aorund the league I'm missing?
    discuss

2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I tell you what, if Pioli jumps ship, it could be the downward spiral for NE that the NFL naturally seems to produce as its extremely hard to keep a franchise on top for decades upon decades. Their eventual demise with our eventual rise can seem likely.

3. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    The fact that none of Belichick's former coaches could win without him would tell me that the Belichick era is alive and kicking. I hate to give him credit, but he took his team to a rare non-playoff 11-5 season with a QB who hadn't started since High School, and numerous injuries to his stars.

Perhaps losing Pioli and Josh McDaniels will hurt. But the same has been said about Weiss, Crennel, Mangini, and a dozen players. I wouldn't count him out yet. Not by a longshot, especially since he could bring guys like Crennel back now.

cnc66, Jt0323, BrazForPhins and 2 others like this.
  4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I hate the man with a passion, and any comparison to Emperor Palpatine is well warranted, but the guy knows the game and knows his team and puts together winners year after year.
    I dont know why or how, but the product he puts on the field is always solid. Hopefully he will hang it up soon, and the team may not be as good as it usually is, but ol' BB is the best coach of this decade unless more cheating is revealed.

5. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It's not over yet but could soon be overshadowed by the Tony Sparano era.

6. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    He led his team to a 11-5 record, honestly its kind of ridiculous that he didn't make the playoffs, just a weird year. His assistants were not great head coaches but I don't see how that affects his legacy. He deserves consideration for Coach of the Year and I hate the man.

cnc66 likes this.
  7. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    indeed he's still producing. Actually he have always gotten great results with 'not as great' talent to work with. :hi5:

He's still a top notch coach and a winner. Though what I'm trying to figure is if his total dominance over the league is about to end.

During the past few years the Patriots were the face of the NFL. :tantrum:
    NE is team that most increased their fanbase around the world during this period...and have been the team to be beaten.

And NE will continue to be a competitive team, no doubt. Let me re-do my question: are we watching the end of Belichick DINASTY?

8. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Anyone who thinks Billy B is done is sadly mistaken. Belichick could be without Brady, Cassel, Pioli, Moss, Welker, and still win 10-11 games. My guess is that he won't be without most of those things, and they will be favorites to win the division next season. He is a master of explioting advantages, and that will always win them games. Until I see him on TV giving his retirement press conference, Belichick's team will always be a contender. In fact, if the Pats had been on the better side of the tie breaker, and had got into the playoffs, they would be the favorites in the AFC in many peoples eyes.

9. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    BB is a great coach, even though he is at New England and we all hate the Patriots. If the Dolphins didn't have this great year, he would be IMO, a lock for coach of the year.

10. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    A lock? Atlanta's Mike Smith would deserve it more, IMO. BB is up there though.

11. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    f--- bill belicheat

Soundwave likes this.
  12. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I agree, but he did a great job this season.:wink2:

13. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    When Brady went down, everyone said we will see how Brady made belicheck. Now that he went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and a host of other injuries, people are talking about how Belicheck made Brady.

Lets just say they're both damn effing good.

14. Soundwave

Soundwave Phins Sympathizer..

Apr 15, 2008
    word