1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The fine line Sparano walks between Coach and Judge

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    There's a difference between bringing in or drafting bad characters and trying to do what's best for your players once they are already on the roster. Once on the roster, you've made the investment and you're more prone to try and protect your team.
    And the example most will bring up is BMarsh, but I still say he looks like one of the few examples that appears to have turned over a new leaf. It does happen occasionally (ala Cris Carter and Irving Fryar)

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    At the end of the day, Sparano is just a football coach, the other stuff like he should suspend someone or demote someone is opinions from the outside trying to impose themselves inside the product out on the field.

Why would Sparano do such a thing? It's not really his job to play at being judge, jury and warden for grown men.

I will say looking into the Brandon Marshall situation more deeply, I really do hope he has turned things around because there were things in there that had nothing to do with his situation in Denver, they were all on Marshall.

For his sake, those things should be in his rearview mirror, for the Dolphins sake, they made a huge investment in him and they really need it to pan out.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Look right in our team Ricky Williams was a remarkable turn around and well worth it.

5. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Well written article. I agree with everyone else. All of that is not the job of Coach Sparano. However I believe it is the player's responsibility to act like a man and make the right decisions on and off the field. The coach should not have to deal with stuff like that.

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Bottom line is when we win a Super Bowl, and we will, soon, not a single one of us is going to give two hoots about the character of our players.

Disnardo and dolfan7171 like this.
  7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I believe Sparano walks the line Bill Parcells approves to walk.
    Parcells has never been one to ignore reality,
    brook nonsense or shun change. the BigTuna rules the Pod.
    :yes: