1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The First State Cup

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by anlgp, Sep 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Delaware vs Delaware St.

Just turned this on...

Delaware St. just had a nice goal line stand by Kevin Green (http://www.dsuhornets.com/ViewArtic..._OEM_ID=12900&ATCLID=204786438&Q_SEASON=2009; a transfer from Perdue) to send them to the locker room only down 4.

Apparently DE is outpassing DE state by "plenty-of-yards" (100 something to 20 or 30 something).. they said the numbers but I had just turned it on.

I know not that many of you (if any of you) are interested in this but I figured I'd bring it up because A) I'm totally geeked out about it and B) that was a damn nice play.

NaboCane likes this.
  2. anlgp

3. anlgp

It's way over, and the game was incredibly close 27-17. For those not in the know this is the first time DE and DE State had ever met during the regular season. The local network coined it the "Route 1 Rivalry" seeing as .. well.. Rt 1 goes all up and down the state.

The "big" players from the game that stood out to me have already been listed.

DE was rushing 4 all day long and Higginson was consistently being mentioned even though he seems a bit small for the NFL.

The INT grabbed by Bratton was a thing of beauty. He had to jump to his right and it seemed like he was about 6 feet in the air just to be able to have a shot at intercepting the ball. Combine that with the fact that it was down around his own goal line makes it an amazing play. If I think about it I'll try and find a video if it's available in the next couple days..

He's 6'2'' 200 lbs and is a Junior so I'd guess he's eligable to enter the draft. He was playing CB at the time but has spent time at both CB and S.