1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Full First String Offensive Line Plays Its First Game Of The Season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by adamprez2003, Oct 16, 2016.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    With our cursed Miami luck it's taken us six weeks to see the revamped Oline in full and how it was envisioned preseason. I think we'll have our offense firing today, hopefully the defense shows up

Bpk, Pandarilla, resnor and 1 other person like this.
  2. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    It's only 5 games in, but it's better than nothing to go on.. here's what Pittsburgh defense has given up so far:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/fantasy-points-against-QB.htm

307.6 passing yards per game, 1.2 TD's per game, and 0.6 INT's per game.

Average rating allowed is 88.9. And for the OL.. 1.6 sacks per game.

It's at least some measuring stick to see whether Tannehill's (and the OL's) numbers are better or worse than the average so far.

resnor, adamprez2003 and DolphinGreg like this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Will it even matter at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumrush and adamprez2003 like this.
  4. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    It would be just like Ryan Tannehill to have a big game, lol. :)

I'm in the mood for football today. Bring it on!

Bpk and adamprez2003 like this.
  5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    with arian foster returning we will have 10 out of 11 of our projected starters playing. only Jordan Cameron is out

6. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    And he hasn't played like a stater...

I'll copy my post from Club. I know I've been on the Tannehill "hate" side since early last season, but I'm hoping for a turnaround to begin today in Miami.... I think it's unlikely he resurrects his trajectory here but I'm hoping I'm wrong and reverse my position at some point.

I expect more of the same from Miami today on defense but I'm cautiously optimistic that with a healthy OL and Foster we should be able to produce some points.

This season was a wash anyways. Our defense even with an offense that clicks on all cylinders makes this an 8-8 team at best.

You can't compete in the NFL with no linebackers, a crappy pass rush and a very suspect secondary. The only focus should be on if Tannehill can elevate his game the remaining 11 games.

You have to assume that only way Miami wins today is in a shootout. Especially when you consider that the vastly interior Browns and Titans gashed the Dolphins defense.

DolphinGreg likes this.
  7. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I read this morning that this is just the 8th time that Albert, Pouncey and James will start the same game, and of course the first with those three plus Tunsil. I don't think that you can overstate how important that is. We have just been cursed with OL injuries for years.

DolphinGreg and adamprez2003 like this.
  8. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    WOW! What a surprise of a 1st half!

This is the first game I've seen where the play on the field justifies fans' hopes. And they didn't come out flat!

Also.. this defense has a knack for injuring opposing QB's. Too many cases for it to be a fluke now.

Anyway, it's not perfect and not everyone's giving their best, but this is a team you can root for. Let's see what happens in the 2nd half.

Bpk likes this.
  9. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014

seems like ben's knee injury was non contact. happened during the throw not on defending the INT.

10. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Yeah, gotta look at the replay. Maybe you're right, but I thought he got partially tripped on that leg first and then only later felt it.

11. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Take away two penalties on James, and we might just have 8 more points also. Get all of these guys on the field at once, and some good things can happen. Such a huge difference from the Bengals and Titans games.

12. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeah, I'd second everyone's positive thoughts. We're seeing the Tannehill that has a little time in the pocket and some faith in his receivers downfield. That dude is an ample QB. Still holding the ball slightly too long, but definitely capable of making some great throws and keeping you in the game if his guys are helping him.

I'm surprised by the run game. Ajayi is still demonstrating terrible vision (I think) but what he's getting shows that a more elusive runner could have really done something behind this line today.

xphinfanx and Bpk like this.
  13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I'll eat my crow.

The offensive line did their jobs today; offense looked good as a result.

Bpk, vt_dolfan and Pandarilla like this.
  14. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Fantastic performance today! First time in years I felt like I'm rooting for a REAL NFL team!

Breakout player today: Ajayi.

But so many played well. Tannehill, Landry, Reshad, the OL, even the entire defense excepting one massive run play.. really it looks like the whole team was energized. Dare I say Gase firing Dallas Thomas and co. helped demonstrate to players they have to play with more heart?

Great job Dolphins!

xphinfanx and Bpk like this.
  15. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    What's up now Bumrush? Better rethink your football IQ.

16. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    I think it was a combo if our entire o-line being back combined with the fact that the players saw that if they dont do their job, theyre fired. You can yell at someone all they want but threaten their livelihood and youll start getting results.