1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of LT scouting; Grading Chris Williams of Vanderbilt

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Lab3003, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    An interesting article regarding the future of the LT as told surrounding analysis of Chris Williams of Vanderbilt. CK knocked the idea around regarding analysis of Ferguson v. Thomas as college-to-pro prospects that maybe the days of Walter Jones and such are changing to where you can no long have the perfect LT anymore. It's extremely difficult to find the traits those like Orlando Pace have. Michael Lewis wrote a book on the subject, "The Blind Side."

I personally do not believe that LT play has changed inasmuch the whole NFL is getting so obsessive regarding value and losing site that good players, like Chris Williams is reported to be, are available.

Look at Matt Light. Is he the same caliber of Johnathan Ogden? No but does that mean he does his job poorly? I think he's very consistent and doesn't blow coverage to the level where he's a liability.

alen1 likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah I was also thinking of CK's comments regarding 'chise LT's when reading this. I am not sure if they are still able to be found. Nice find. :up: