1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Good and the Bad...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I think he's talking about the second int...

NaboCane and ToddsPhins like this.
  2. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    phew. lol.

Ozzy likes this.
  3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No, on every return except the TD he fell after being bumped. None of those were big hits. That's generally the difference between the guys who are just great college returners and those who are also great pro returners. The great pro returners are able to take some contact and maintain their balance.

4. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'm hoping he was just nervous and running a bit out of control b/c of it.

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    If that's all the refuters are talking about it's the same thing. I know when I posted my good and bad, I placed the blame for the INT on him b/c I disagreed with the posters who gave him a pass for it, but I also talked about the many positives.

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't see that as a big issue. I've seen guys with small hands who are good receivers. IMO the guys who can't catch just can't catch. It's not a size thing. My concern and what I think will determine if he makes the team will be whether he can keep his balance better than he did on every other return.

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    [​IMG]

Nothing to see here...

I want to see if he can do the same things on grass and how he handles being targeted by the opposing ST unit, Carolina will be a great test as they are young and hungry and the guys who do well on ST know they can make the squad by performing at a high level.

MrClean likes this.
  8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    "This is witchcraft! Witchcraft I say!"

-Dan Henning.

9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Henne made 1 poor decision by trying to still throw the ball during a miscommunication. That's it.

His arm was hit during the Fasano INT and he still had enough strength to get it to where it should've been caught.
    He made 2 big plays with his feet; unfortunately Bess dropped one of them.
    He completed an out pass to Bess in a location where only Bess could catch it. Outstanding throw that Moore is less capable of making.

I don't think that warrants for starting Moore.

With Gates, Wallace, and Marlon Moore, Matt Moore was in a much more advantageous state going against Atlanta's 2nd team D than Henne was going against Atlanta's 1st team, 5th ranked scoring D without Marshall, Long, and Bush.

10. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    Whats this mean "what do I call them" ?.....WR's...Olinemen....RB's

11. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    and what string are they?

12. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    It's actually the attitude of you and others that are more the problem. All I'm doing is giving my opinion, letting you know the result of my analysis. Can I help it if you get all uppity and offended because of that? No. That's your problem.

GMJohnson likes this.
  13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I know which play you're talking about. I don't agree.

14. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Man, did you guys just see Greg Olsen catch a TD where he adjusted his body to catch a pass that hit him in the chest? Can't believe that wasn't an INT!!! :shifty:

GMJohnson, PhiNomina, MrClean and 3 others like this.
  15. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    It's Henne's fault.

16. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    You'd think it was week 13 the way you're talking bro. The season just started and you've already given up on Henne (since you want Moore to start).

Tone_E and MarinePhinFan like this.
  17. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    The use of straw man arguments around here is breath taking.

18. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007

aren't you glad football is back? Nay... Dolphins football is back baby!

19. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    This I don't get? Why do people do this? You're sitting acting like he just made a judgment about Chad Henne's career based on a quarter's worth of play in a preseason game. Don't you think the previous 12 preseason games, 30 regular season games, not to mention any evaluation he may or may not have done on Henne coming out of college might have something to do with it?

But that's what everyone on this site does nowadays. Hey, let's be totally and completely hostile to anyone that has a difference of opinion.

Phins28, NaboCane and Ozzy like this.
  20. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    He did score a TD though didn't he? :shrug:

21. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Totally and completely hostile? More "absolute" statements from you CK. "everyone on this site" You're French aren't you?

aesop, MrClean and MarinePhinFan like this.
  22. Third Man

Third Man Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Do you really think you're furthering the debate in a positive way by calling people who don't agree with your analysis of certain plays "deluded"... as lacking in "objectivity" that apparently only you possess... and by saying the discourse is like something you'd find on a "Tea Party message board"?

Because I don't. You're as guilty as anyone.

23. Ozzy

I'd be curious to know how many people blame Henne for that int?

My bet it is next to none...

24. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Perhaps I am. When people treat me disrespectfully and start tearing at the person rather than arguing the topic, I do have a tendency to get my hands dirty as well.

25. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    That's exactly right. But around here you can't even bring up the fact that it as a poorly placed ball without being screeched at, chided, insulted, and had 50 straw men erected around you so that people can pretend you're wrong by arguing something you didn't say.

Ozzy likes this.
  26. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Could the throw have been better? Sure. Feel better?

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  27. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    My comment was a joke Ozzy, aimed at something that happened in a game that Henne wasn't even playing in... eh...

28. Ozzy

I can't even count how many times I've said that Fasano was at fault or that he definitely should have caught it.

Dare I mention that I thought Henne could have led the pass better, and even praise the velocity and I still get a sure fire reply saying Fasano was at fault.

29. Ozzy

That's fine! Even if your post had no bearing on that! It did make me curious to know how many people thought that first int was Henne's fault.

I meant nothing ill towards you or anyone by it...

Paul 13 likes this.
  30. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    When you've become a parody of yourself you don't really have any right to be butt-hurt when people stereotype you.

31. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Can't we just all get along? Kidding...I know the answer to that. Threads would be about 5 posts long if that happened!

I think Henne's performance last night didn't change anything...

Fans that were anti-Henne heading in to last night's game only have to point to the two interceptions as proof that Henne sucks.

Fans that were pro-Henne heading in to last night's game only have to point out his pocket awareness and escape avoiding a sack, his 10 run and long TD pass to Hartline is proof that Henne has taken a positive step in the evolutionary process to being a legit NFL QB.

Fans that were on-the-fence-Henne are still on the fence by seeing a few poor plays--inaccurate throw to Fasano and poor decision on throw to Bess--along with a few positive plays--pocket presence, quicker feet and decision making, and deep pass on target--to be willing to reserve judgment on Henne...at least until after Carolina's game.

32. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    If people are obsessed with laying the "blame" for every single play at one player's feet (which is a pretty inefficient way of grading IMO) then I would absolutely agree with the statement that the interception was Anthony Fasano's fault. Every time someone said that, I would agree.

But grading individual execution unfortunately isn't that simple. I'm glad coaches think more like I do. Remember that fumble Brian Hartline had last year on a flanker screen where Tony Sparano specifically said to the cameras that he told Chad Henne that was partially his fault? Of course, the usual suspects come out of the woodwork saying aw Henne gets blamed for everything, oh man there was an earthquake in China I bet Henne is responsible for that too, etc.

But he was right. Execution is execution. If you're supposed to get front shoulder placement, get front shoulder placement. I've heard the argument advanced that Henne threw back shoulder on purpose but that really does not make sense to me because there was a lot of space for Fasano to secure that ball and turn up the field, maybe even break the tackle. There are rules protecting defenseless receivers anyway, even if that defender was in position to cream Fasano (which he wasn't really).

There's this mentality though...people don't want to give an inch. At all. I had people talking to me about how that long TD to Hartline was against 3rd stringers, some guy named Rafael Bush who was on the practice squad all year. You know what I told them? That it was a good ball. It was a good read, it was good timing, and it was a good ball. If I were acting the same way some of the Patience Brigade around here act, then I would be joining right in and chiding that throw and catch for the fact that it was against 3rd stringers, saying it meant nothing, etc. I didn't do that. Just like when Henne had a good scrimmage last week, I called it for what it was, a good scrimmage. You got people out there talking about how there were second stringers on the field during the scrimmage, how there was no safety help, conspiracy theories about how the coaches meant for Henne to have a good day and set it up that way. Did I get into that? No. I called it like it was. It was a good scrimmage.

I'm sorry if when I make objective observations about these players, some people don't like that the bad comes in with the good. If people don't like that, I'm sorry. But I'm not going sit here and tell just one side of the story.

ssmiami and Ozzy like this.
  33. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Yeah, but Aqua doesn't think 5th is a good ranking for a defense.

34. Ozzy

I am on that fence and I really liked the Td to Hartline alot more that I disliked either throw that ended up interceptions. The latter got more posts by me because the TD was pretty simple to break down! It was a great play, great throw, with some nice footwork.

AdamC13 likes this.
  35. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010

No, I think it's obvious that a certain number of fans don't fall for BS. Meaning that they don't buy opinions that are one sided. It seems that some fans here had preconceived notions about the Dolphins or certain player even before the season started and after only the 1st preseason game they've decided to only look at the things that may prove those preconceived opinions.

And when a certain percentage of posters see this happening they speak up about it and then a certain percentage of other posters get angry and cry.

Paul 13 likes this.
  36. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    11924179.jpg

aesop, MrClean and MarinePhinFan like this.
  37. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Case closed.

38. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I am with you. I have seen Henne have trouble leading receivers in the past and making some bad reads (all QBs do) but I haven't seen him look as aware in the pocket, nimble, decisive and on target with the deep ball that often. So I am still on the fence but I am taking away more positives while accepting there is still room for improvement.

Ozzy likes this.
  39. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    *Breathtaking

It's one word.

[​IMG]

40. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I actually thought the completion to diving Bess was a higher degree of difficulty than the TD to Hart.