1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hard Knocks Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Sorry Fin-D. He must have been right, and everyone here on the forum is marrying their celebrity crush. Santa Clause is leaving us all 70" TVs this year as well.

Pandarilla likes this.
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    I don't want to downsize. :angry:

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    100" for you since you've been a good boy this year Stitches.

Stitches likes this.
  4. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Dont diss us like that. That being said, i bet he was a member of fin heaven lol.

PhinsRDbest and ToddPhin like this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    chad Johnson's gets his dirty mouth from his wife, she's gross honestly, I watched her on a tv show stand up and call another woman every name in the book, over and over again, and I don't mean just f bombs, it was ugly man, and she totally thought she was the Queen while she was doing it..

Bpk likes this.
  6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    To address this more directly, it's not about being optimistic. It's about being realistic and not sounding like an idiot living in a fairy tale.

If he had said "I believe Tannehill is going to take us to the playoffs in three years" or something like that, it would sound possible and optimistic at the same time about his future. When you say what he did and other fans watch it, it makes us all look ignorant.

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Is she a regular on some tv show? I was under the impression she was a minor celebrity of some sort before she and Chad got together.

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Like I said, its a good thing you were there otherwise the happiness disease with the team will spread like wild fire. And if there's one thing this team has too much of, its happiness and optimism. They should put you in the ring of honor.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Basketball wives..

It was some sort of reunion ion show where they were all together after the fact, I only stopped because I couldn't believe what I was seeing on national tv, and how a woman would act like that...

10. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Dude have a towel over his head?

MrClean and ToddPhin like this.
  11. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I didn't smack the man and tell him to shut up. I said his opinion was a bit ridiculous because it was.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Am I the only one who wonders if Jeff Ireland is doing his secretary? She was quite the looker after all.

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Moore watches the Bachelor.
    Tannehill watches film.

14. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    all I know is that Dawn Aponte is a mega-minion.

and btw that fan steeped in blind belief was the most interesting and fluid sentence in the whole show. At first I was like this guy's just clownin', then he kept going even though he's squirmin' the whole time; teetering between loyalty and disbelief in his mind. It was supremely, cautiously optimistic...I imagine him steppingback and dancing while. asking the cameraman if he wants the towel on his head ala one of my all-time favorite movie clips...

[video=youtube;OADJl-CVDo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OADJl-CVDo0[/video]

Bpk and ToddPhin like this.
  15. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    If that were me on camera, I would have said the exact same thing. You gotta believe. That's what being a fan is all about.

16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Really though? I'd have said something like "I really believe Ryan has the skills to be a top QB in this league, excited to see him play"'

Not something that makes the entire fan base look unrealistic and bad...you can be optimistic while still being realistic and not setting goals like that.

Pandarilla likes this.
  17. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    No No Alex. You be Happy. You be happy and optimistic right now! You rejoice in 1 playoff appearance in 11 years. You expect to go to the SuperBowl EVERY YEAR. You be happy, stay quiet, and act as if all is well. I don't care if we win no playoff games in 30 years. You have no right to have anything but the highest expectations, and give the utmost support.

If you really loved this team, you wouldn't try to change it. You'd love it just the way it is.

18. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    You like my TOWEL?...youcanhaveit! :yes:

19. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    You're over-analyzing it dude. He's a die hard fan who loves the team. Most would have said the same or something similar.

What should have he said? "Watching this team gives me herpes. I'm here for the herpes."?

Fin D likes this.
  20. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    "Ryan's da future. 2 Years supa bowl baby. You watch!!!"

Its something I'd expect a pizza slinger in Cortland to say.

21. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    That would have been Epic.

Bpk, Rocky Raccoon and Pandarilla like this.
  22. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    [​IMG]

So because we haven't had success recently we aren't supposed to believe in the team?

Bpk likes this.
  23. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    IDK, some people are worth getting herpes from.

24. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Recently?

No. Because we've sucked for over a decade, you don't claim to be going to the super bowl. Its not that hard fellas.

Hopeful, sure. Optimistic, why not. SUPA BOWLZomg, stop it.

The Green Bay Packers need all the chips to fall the right way, stay healthy, get hot, get the breaks, and hopefully a SuperBowl bounces their way.

You don;t see the enormous leap between optimistic/hopeful and super bowl predictions???

Is this the pofo?

Killer Bees likes this.
  25. MrClean

So, we fans are supposed to try to change it? How would we do that? Send suggestion letters to Ireland and Philbin? Hire planes to display Fire Ireland banners above the field during games?
    I guess fans complaining on forums are their way of telepathically doing their best to change the team. That should help.

Pandarilla likes this.
  26. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Hey man, I'm not saying it's going to happen, but to get on a FAN for saying that is kind of ridiculous. It's how fans react. Especially with a camera in their face.

Also, I watched a 1-15 team win the division the following year with a brand new regime. 1-15!!! I've watched sports long enough to know that anything is possible. Sure, there's a lot of heartache involved, but you never know. That's why sports are great.

Bpk, MrClean and Fin D like this.
  27. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Because of your typical backwards Camaro logic, you don't see that you are the one telling people how they should feel about the team. All I'm saying is there's no need to crush another Dolphin fan's dreams or happiness. If you want to sit around punching your rage boner with a broken glass wrapped fist while screaming, "Iiiiiiiiiirrrrrreeeeeellllllllaaaannnnnnddddddddddddddddddd, why do you forsake me!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Go for it no one cares....except for maybe your neighbors if you are yelling too loud. But maybe instead you should call Vinny and The Situation, see if you guys can maybe get you some new Quaker State for your hair, dry clean the fuzzy dice, split a pie and then jump in the hot tub and talk about each other's abs in purely "platonic" way. Then resume your hate after the exhibition game. Just a thought, I'm not judging you or anything.

Sethdaddy8 and MrClean like this.
  28. MrClean

It seems kind of ridiculous to get on some fan's case for saying what that guy did. For one thing, he had an HBO camera in his face, and while if he'd have time to plan his comments may have tempered them a bit, but who knows how any of us would react in a similar situation? And as you said, if he turns out to be right, it wouldn't be the craziest thing to ever happen in pro sports, or really even close to it.

29. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Exactly, it's why we need to step it up and find some channelers and procure some kind of alien thought control technology...I know what you're thinking, why not just ask Dawn Aponte how she became a robot that rivals credit card collection agents, but I'm telling you psy-ops like that take a lot of time. I mean where are we going to keep Ireland, killer's house?

30. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    nice...can I use that?

Fin D likes this.
  31. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Absolutely. Unless for profit. The we split it.

Pandarilla likes this.
  32. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC

sweet...well, off to the tractor pull

Fin D likes this.
  33. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    When you get back we'll be flush with pork rinds and Mountain Dew.

34. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Pork rinds. That absolute worst.

35. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Mountain Dew is totally my slurm...and I really don't like putting myself in abusive relationships. It's always Dolphins and Dew.

36. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Anybody else picture this guy when that fan made those comments: [​IMG]

MrClean, Bpk and Pandarilla like this.
  37. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Thats it...you're getting a list.

A. My neighbors are old, they dont hear me.
    B. Doin the Tong Po is so 2008.
    C. My abs speak for themselves.
    D. I am not telling anyone what to do. I'm defending the posters who thought the "Dolphins Supabowl!!!" guy was cringe-worthy. It made me cringe. You wanted to high five him. Why do you care if it made some of us cringe? Actually, don't answer that, cause I don't care.
    E. I'd at least like to see us escape October with a + .500 record before hearing about Superbowls.
    F.rancis, is that ok with you? Want some baby powder for your gooyaa, before you put on them birkenstocks, go throw red paint on old ladies in fur coats, and hug it out with a couple needy weeping willows?

Fin D likes this.
  38. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Gonna need popcorn for this...

Bpk likes this.
  39. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    You had me at baby powder for your Gooyaa. I thought goiter and almost cringed, myself.