1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Jets will Destroy GB this Sunday

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by PS17, Oct 28, 2010.

1. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Actually, in the grand scheme, he is asked to do very little for his team.
    To date, except for a few rare occasions, that is EXACTLY what he has done for his team. :yes:

MarinePhinFan and MikeHoncho like this.
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    eh I think you know what I am saying. I can give the guy a compliment without someone being offended. And I don't see how getting away from sacks will not help him long term unless you mean when he's like farve and just cant run as fast anymore?

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I guess the only answer now would be to self-implode :shifty:

4. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    -P. Manning

5. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Sanchez he remind me at Losman, without the arm strengh, but I see a lot of similarities between the two.

6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Which is great but being able to throw on the run helps as well. I never said he shouldn't learn how to be a pocket passer so I'm not sure what your point is other then you just don't like sanchez.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's still inconsistent, yeah, but he's making more plays. Put the statistics aside and just watch the Jets; you'll see he's making more plays this year than last year.

BicketyBam likes this.
  8. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT

I've watched every game he's played last year and this year. I am basing it on what I see with my two eyes and not on a stat sheet. The media isn't telling me anything. I've been watching football since I was a kid and I am 42. I can tell if a QB is playing better. You keep crunching your stats, but I am telling you his decision making, footwork, and accuracy has improved regarless of what NFL.com/stats tells you.

9. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT

Thank you. There are thread upon threads of how you shouldn't evaluate Henne based simply on his the stat line (stat monkey), but since Sanchez's stats fit the Maimi fan's perception of him, it's perfectly fine to do so for him. It's comical.

I try to be objective when I talk football. I'm glad a few people here can do the same....and it's apparent that many can not. So be it. :lol:

alen1 likes this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    One thing you will learn quickly about me, since I post so damn much, is that I hate stats.

11. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    All true. But he is also playing better this year than last. He has the tools and the instincts, but is very lacking in the experience. I think his is going to be good. He isn’t there yet, and might not get there as fast as some Jet fans seem to think, but he has made plays.

12. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
  13. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
  14. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ4sEXiRP4k"]YouTube - FAIL[/ame]

15. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Well, it had appeared he had figured out which team to throw to, but that seems to be changing back again.
    Tell you what, I think you could easily plug 80% of the QB's in the league into his very fortunate situation and they would be more succesful. :up:

16. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    And in the future? Are you saying that he won't be a good QB, that he hasn't improved and shown some flashes of good things? I'm not saying he's going to be great, but he can be a quality starter in the NFL. Granted he isn't there yet.

BicketyBam likes this.
  17. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Will he?
    Who knows.
    Is he now? I'd easily take Bradford or Stafford over him in a heartbeat.
    He really is not being asked to do very much, which once again, is exactly what he is doing.

18. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Okay? I also saw him throw 3 TDs against the Phins. If the Jets dropped a TD or two, would that be used in the same context as the Phins inability to catch on defense?

BicketyBam likes this.
  19. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I still don't see why we are having a debate about Mark Sanchez. The bottom line is that the Jets played a miserable game this past Sunday. I watched every second of it and it was painful. I get the feeling that there is a jealousy thing with Sanchez.....he gets media exposure, you guys think he sucks and it pisses you off. But so what? Why do you even care? Seriously. Does it make the Dolphins lose games or something? :lol:

Honestly, this is your chance to kill the other guy you hate from the Jets: Rex Ryan. He was AWFUL. Probably the worst coached game of his short tenure as head coach:

1. He calls for a fake punt on 4th and 18 from his own 20. FROM HIS OWN 20!

2. He uses all of his challenges in the first half. IN THE FIRST HALF! You need to save one for the second half, for Christ's sake!

3. The second challenge, if won, would have awarded the Jets a chance to punt. TO F'ING PUNT! You don't waste your second challenge just so you can punt the f'ing ball, especially when your D is playing great.

4. He used every time out on defense with over 4 minutes to play. The first two were fine. The last one was stupid. He left the offense with zero time outs to try and drive for a touchdown.

5. He had absolutely NO CLUE what was going on with the offense. It's like that part of the game doesn't exist. He leaves it up to Schottenheimer, that sawed off piece of crap.

So seriously. You guys have every right to bask in the Jets defeat (coupled with your win over Cincy). But instead of bashing Sanchez - who played well enough to win - you should be ambushing Ryan for coaching with his head up his ***. Now have at it! :up:

20. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Santonio "Cheech" Holmes dropped a guaranteed touchdown in the GB game. Sanchez hit him right in the hands, in stride, and he had nothing but green grass between him and the end zone. I nearly had a coronary when he dropped it.

And the two INT's were balls that were ripped out of the receivers hands. They were good passes by Sanchez and poor efforts by the wide outs. But you will only hear about Langford's drop and whoever else dropped one in the Miami game. :lol: I also seem to remember a Henne pass that was going to be a pick had Marchall not played DB on the play. It was on the goal line too. Anyone remember that?

21. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    He obviously did not prepare for the game during the bye, thats what the good coaches do with the extra time. Or anyone with half a brain.

22. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    No argument out of me.

23. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    True.

Seems every team has had the dropsies this year

24. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    I read earlier today that Weatherford was the one who decided to take off with the ball. He had the green light to make a play like that if he felt it would work.

Doesn't make it right or anything of course

25. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I just read that, so I guess I can scratch that off my list of complaints about Ryan. I still think Ryan sucked.

One last note on Sanchez...he made a couple of bad decisions (never looked at a wide open Edwards that would have been a TD, assuming he holds on to the ball), but the two INTS were not off-target, and those 7 drops were not off-target.

The two QBs lines yesterday:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

A. Rodgers 15/34 170 5.0 0 0
    M. Sanchez 16/38 256 6.7 0 2

If those passes weren't misplayed by his receivers, he'd have been 25 of 38, and probably over 300 yards with 2 TD's. Not terrible. To me, as far as accuracy yesterday, he was damn good, when the wind is taken into account. Look at Rodgers numbers... he was affected by the wind, too.

26. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    If he were making more plays his stats would have to be better. There is no getting around the stats.

There are two kinds of people who dislike stats, AKA objective proof, those who cherry pick them and those who are proven wrong by them.

Which one are you?

27. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010

Not from me.

The ONLY objectivity in football are stats.

28. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I am the type that actually watches games, instead of relying on statistics.

BicketyBam and RickyBobby like this.
  29. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I also watch Sanchez play.....alot.

As many times he has impressed me....he comes right back and makes me think he is the worst QB in the league.

he is nowhere near as consistent as Henne as ridiculous as that sounds considering what we think of Henne so far.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  30. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Bro, stop. Jay Fiedler had games where he threw for 3 TDs too. No one anointed him the next Marino.

He's a decent QB, but he isn't consistent enough to be considered a great or even good one yet.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  31. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    So, when you "watch" the games do you see Sanchez completing more than 53% of his passes? :lol:

I told you, I watch the games too...Sunday Ticket and all of that... However, I still see a QB who throws a lot of balls to DB's, completes 53% of his passes with a 6.3 Y/A and a 75 QBR.

32. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    So you have the Jets game on side by side with the Miami game on Sundays? And you are able to watch every play for both teams? Interesting.

Stats. Ok. So when Sanchez had zero interceptions, why were people saying, "Oh - he was lucky! Defenders dropped sure INTS!" But according to you, stats are the measuring stick and there was a zero in the INT column. Am I right? I see some hypocricy here.

And how about this example? Sanchez has 2 and 10 from his own 30. On the play he hits Keller over the middle for a 30 yard completion. However, down the left sideline Braylon Edwards is wide open due to blown coverage and he never even glances over there. Edwards would walk into the end zone if Sanchez notices him. Now according to your objective stats, Sanchez is credited with a 30 yard completion on 2nd and 10. But in reality it was a BAD play because he failed to even look Edwards way for an easy TD. See my point? There is no way you can just look at stats and formulate an opinion of a player, especially the QB. How about when a pass rusher comes free (unblocked), and the QB uses his feet to avoid a sure sack and throws the ball away? If that happens on 3rd down with your team in FG position it is a POSITIVE play for the QB. But on the stat sheet it goes as an incompletion, which is a negative play. Think about it.

I get it. You think Sanchez sucks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I never said he was great. At this point he is exactly what I thought he would be....a second year player learning how to play QB in the NFL. You point to his stats and say he is the same player as last year. I look at the 7 games he's played and say he's improved. If anything, last year he single handedly lost games for the Jets. The losses were completely on him (NO and BUF come to mind). He hasn't done that this year. But I am not here to change your mind.

PS17 likes this.
  33. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    There is no way you can not watch a game, look at the QB stats, and definitively tell how he played in the game. What about decision making as well as other unrecorded stats? How do you know that the QB didn't have 3 sure TD's dropped? Or if the 3 INT's he threw were all balls that the receivers muffed up into the air so a defender could catch it? You can't. To say that stats are the only objectivity in football is foolish and ignorant. Stats play a part, but there is more to it than that.

34. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    Couldn't agree more. He's a bipolar QB at this point.

35. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I have two TV's. Yes, I watch two Noon games and two 3pm games. I've watched the Dolphins, Jets and Pats nearly every play this season. I even DVR all their games. If Buffalo was better I'd DVR them too.

I never said he "sucks". In fact, I've commented on how he's actually playing better than I thought he would. However, that seemed to be short lived.

There is no getting around the fact that he has an awesome running game, good to great WR's, a defense second to none and he still can't hit the broad side of a barn.

What I find truly funny is that if Sanchez had 30 TD's, 0 INT's, 4000yds passing with a 140 QBR you and everyone else here who say stats don't matter would be spewing out how great his stats are. :lol:

36. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Yuo wouldn't hear that from. Just so you know, I am not a Ra Ra Sanchez guy. I hated him last year and I still don't know what to think of him. Obviously I want him to be good, but as of right now I don't know what he will turn out to be. Like I said though....he's better than last year, regardless of what the stat line reads.

37. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    You're too funny.

Keller, Holmes and Cotchery have 12 dropped passes between them (4 each and no one else on their team has more drops).

If they had caught ALL of those passes, Sanchez would still have a 57% completion rate. However, that would mean that Keller, Holmes and Cotchery all would have a 100% catch rate. That will never happen. All WR's drop balls. All QB's have a completion rate that reflects dropped balls.

As long as stats are the same across the board, then they are the best objective way to judge a player.

38. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    So if Sanchez finishes this season with a 70% completion rate, 52 TD's, 8 INT's and 5100yds would you say he had a good year? Would if you hadn't watched one game?

Well, I'd say it was bad. Stats don't count. :lol:

39. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Between the two INT's that were ripped out of the receivers hands and the drops in the GB game, there were 9 balls that should have went for completions. I agree with you that you can not expect a 100% completion rate, but there are way more than 12 drops on the season. LT, Shonne Greene and others have contributed. And which stat measures decision making?

Can we agree to disagree? I'm not changing your mind and you are not changing mine. :up:

40. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    See above.