The jets win

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pumpdogs, Jan 9, 2010.

Tags:
  1. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    the point is they didn't beat us, teddy ginn or not. Sorry bro you want to give the jets credit but not the fins?

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I agree with Disnardo. Defense wins championships. As much as I hate Rex Ryan, he's right at the top when it comes to Defense (Monte Kiffin left).

3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    the Jets overall were better this year, stop using injuries as an excuse....maybe thats part of preparing as athletes, the Jets did a better job of staying injury free....the fact is they are in the Divisional round of the playoffs and we are on these threads talking draft....live with it Dolphin's fans, tough pill to shallow I know...

4. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Lots of teams go 0-2 against other teams they are better than... Sure thing, that happens all the time. Every team suffers key injuries. It's laughable that you're suggesting the Jets didn't suffer more because their athletes are tougher than the Dolphins. Staying injury free is usually just luck. Conditioning is only a part of it. Do you think Wes Welker tore two of his knee ligaments last week because he wasn't conditioned well? Is there some type of training he should have been doing that would have stopped his foot from catching and his knee from bending that way? Maybe we should all call Fat Rex and ask him his secret. Please enlighten all of us poor homers.

There was a two game difference in the jets and dolphins records this season. They were both 7-7 approaching the final two weeks. Despite the Dolphins' huge amount of injuries. The difference was the Jets played backups and the Dolphins played teams fighting for their playoff lives. Let's be honest here. The Jets are playing well now. But to suggest they had some great season that was so much better than Miami's is a joke. Go post that stuff on the Gangreen board or something. Jets fans don't generally care for logic in a football discussion anyway.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    But according to the rules, there will be nothing from stopping them from resigning some or all of these players when they become free agents, right? I guess that's where I'm confused. Looks like the rule is saying that if the free agent was on the final four team when their contract expired, then there aren't any limitations right?

I'm not trying to say I think you're wrong. I just don't understand this whole deal and would love some clarification.

6. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Couldnt have said it better myself. If you're not looking at the whole picture you might as well be painting with crayons.

muscle979 likes this.
  7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we got their number
    we'll sweep the division next year
    We Contend in 2010!

8. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

They are a good defense, not a great defense.

Name one time in a big spot were they needed to make a stop for a win that they did?

You can't, because they didn't, they lost on last drives by the other team a bunch of times, Fins, Jags and Falcons come to mind without even looking.

9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    this decade belongs to Miami :yes: next year we fill the holes & step up

10. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Look i dont care how good they are running the ball and how good they are defensively. When they play us, we are better. Theres no other way of putting it, we beat them twice and lost to them 0 times this year.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  11. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    But..butt...they otgained us 3-1 to yards! Despite us not having 3 posesion in 2nd half. Butt...they are in the playoffs and we arent! They are such a great team we were lucky to beat them both times...butt it doesnt matter that after 3-0 start Nacho havent won a game with over 20 attempts, we just wont have him throwing!
    :omg:

12. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    And Hot Dog only threw 15 passes yesterday yet you'd think he had something to do with that win if you went to ESPN.com. Now suddenly he's proven he's a legitimate NFL starter.

13. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    not to mention two teams laying down really helps pad the stats.......

14. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    We did it 4 times against them this season. 3 times in the 4th quarter in the Monday Night game, and the one in Jersey where we drove down the field in the 4th quarter and Henne hit Haynos with the TD...and that was after our offense did nothing all game long.

I completely agree with you now that you brought it up. Their defense is good, but I'm not calling them great until they prove they can make a stop in a clutch situation, and they have failed in those situations many times this season.