1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Marshall TD Drop

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Southbeach, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Ooh but I saw Marshall drop the football in the 3rd quarter in single coverage against Allen. Henne got the ball out quick.
    They had something up the sideline if Brandon catches the ball and makes a play.
    Easy pitch and catch. Ball out quick. Hit the WR right in his hands.

Striking, dolfan22, Fintastic and 2 others like this.
  2. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Somebody has to step up and make some plays. Thomas looked good until he fumbled and Marshall looked good until he dropped a TD pass. Good teams make those plays.

dolfan22 and Fintastic like this.
  3. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    What happened to this guy?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Nothing?

He's making plays. Like he always has.

5. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    See, this is where I disagree. Fans have no clue what the read was, so to blame Henne is crap. Who's fault was it, no one on here knows.

Fintastic and Anonymous like this.
  6. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Having a monster season so far.

Can you read a stat sheet?

oh, would you look at that...Brandon Marshall has more Yards than Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress combined.

So what happened to those guys?

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  7. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...on-marshall-chad-henne-092211,0,4047168.story

I like how they are playing back and forth. Seems their relationship is truly better

8. Fintastic

Fintastic Banned

Sep 14, 2011
    Chad haters will just hate no matter what, just ignore them.

steveincolorado and Larryfinfan like this.
  9. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Through 2 games he also has more yards than Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson (not combined). Matt Forte has 11 yards less than Marshall. I'm not sure if 2 games is a big enough sample size.

-Ed-
    sent from my EVO 3D

10. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Just answering your "buddy's" question.

11. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    He isn't my buddy, but I didn't realize you were answering him. That explains the Holmes/Burress comparison.

12. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

"My Name Is Buddy" Ry Cooder !

13. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Here's what infuriates me about some on this board, you make a generalization where in a whole, Henne was not quick and decisive and someone throws out one or two examples of him being quick and decisive like that makes my comment untrue. News flash, it doesn't! Just like one drop doesn't mean Marshall played like ****. Just like one sack by Jt means he played well. Just like one great block from Colombo doesn't mean he didnt play like ****. If that's how you want to look at football killer, that's your business. But I am going to continue to take every play and look at the big picture.

Ozzy and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  14. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Well he is a Qb, even good Qbs get hate. However, if Henne can consistantly play like week one most of his "haters" will disappear. I hope he does. Its got to start this week, he cant afford another subpar game that is for sure.

15. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I am going to pick and choose because it was a missed opportunity to make a big play and it was all on the star WR just like the dropped TD.
    You want to generalize and ignore it that is your call but I'm going to point it out to you. :up:

steveincolorado likes this.
  16. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    While I understand your point, look at it from the other side, too. This is how a lot of the arguments have gone:

"Henne has been playing better"

"Well, it doesn't matter because he isn't scoring in the red zone."

"Yeah, but Marshall dropped a TD in the red zone that would have been a score."

"Yeah, but Marshall is awesome so that doesn't count."

I agree that Marshall is allowed to drop a few balls. I also agree that Henne needs to score points. But if you are truly looking to understand the situation, you have to look at the details and realize that, while Henne needs to perform better, there have been outlying circumstances besides his play that have contributed to his struggles.

That doesn't mean I'm blaming Marshall, or saying that Marshall is bad. It means that there is more to the situation than "We have a problem so it must be one person's fault."

17. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I know. that is why I put "Buddy" in quotation marks.

BicketyBam likes this.
  18. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    The thing is, that's not what posters are saying about Brandon. We all agree with Killer, that should have been caught. I remember reading in the game thread, we were all furious.

The difference between EVERYONE and killer is, he's looking for the smallest reason to say Marshall is overrated. That's pretty clear, imo. He just doesn't like him for whatever reason and refuses to be objective.

Ozzy and texanphinatic like this.
  19. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Santonio Holmes dropped a SURE TD against Miami in the 2nd meeting last year. Cost the Jets a win. Ship happens. These people are human. Every receiver drops an easy one at some point. So Marshall dropping a TD is not the end of the world. Now if he made a habit of it, then it is a different story.

20. dolfan22

Not that Marshall can't or won't , but Holmes won several games pretty much by a big play last year for NY. Timing as they say is everything , and if it isn't quite everything, it is very damn close to it.

21. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Santonio also had an OC sending him vertical consistantly last year. Not to mention the other weapons that left him one on one....

22. Ozzy

Yep, Marshall should have caught the ball and KP will use every means to show us he's right about him. Except he's wrong 100,0000,000 percent!

Marshall is a badax Wr that caught the ball on the 7-8 yard line and bullied Allen into the endzone. One who also makes an extraordinary reception on the sidelines where he reached over the defender to bring it in over the mans back while staying in bounds. One who makes plays. Big ones, small ones and one who drops passes just like Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald, and as the Jets fan even brought up, even Holmes dropped a sure fire TD right in his hands! Marshall is what he is. One of the better Wr's in the entire NFL and to date, the best player on the Miami Dolphins offense.

23. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    The best offensive player we've had since Ricky William's 02-03 seasons.

24. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    First off why examine me.......

25. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Second of all..... Marshall has to finish and have a great game soon.

26. dolfan22

Agreed , but he made plays when he was in position to do so when it mattered , most of the time . I really like Marshall , but he has to start to do that better , imo.

27. Ozzy

Third of all.... he finished few already in two games. Fourth of all....he's had two great games already and can even be better.

28. Ozzy

Not to nitpick you like I am with Killer, but he's playing with much more confidence in Henne and imo, he CAN and will do better but if others stepped up while he remained playing just like he is, the Dolphins might have won a game already.

29. Ozzy

Yep and the best Wr since Fryer...

30. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I'm stating the obvious. You have something against Brandon Marshall. It's as clear as day light.

31. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    May I remind you this is a Dolphins football board where we talk about the team, it's players, coaches etc.
    We aren't here to discuss members of the board and your opinion of their beliefs.
    Stay on topic please.

32. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I haven't been able to read the previous 8 pages. However, it's a ball he should have caught. It's a ball that you expect premier WR's to catch. Andre Johnson missed a ball too, but that doesn't mean that the drop should be downgraded to "see even the best do it". Does it show their mortal? Absolutely. But, when the chips are down and need you need big plays from your best players, that's what you need and he didn't have it.

He had a good game. He made some really great catches in the game, but he needed one more. It was a tough catch, but one that needs to be made. The Andre Johnson drop shows that it happens with the best of one's, but it still doesn't rationalize that the drop was OK.

33. Ozzy

To me, it's not rationalizing that the drop was ok. As a matter of fact almost every single person has said he should have caught it. The rationalization is: Should Marshall be crucified for it? Which is exactly what KP has done to almost every little thing Marshall does wrong. Thus all the replies

Anonymous likes this.
  34. Ozzy

He simply stated the obvious! That you have a clear hatred towards Marshall and it's part of the TOPIC and reason why the thread went 9 pages.

Anonymous likes this.
  35. dolfan22

I agree re the win comment , and as I have mentioned I was a fan of Marshall before the trade , so hopefully it would be obvious I am more so now.

I feel he needs to or can cut the miscues down , he has that ability , maybe it is focus , maybe even trying too hard because of what you mentioned , feeling the need to do more or be close to perfect. Miami is counting on him and thus I feel he needs to make "some" more plays when it matters. I think he can , and think he will actually. I do see he has ad libbed again and while i don't know for sure , I think he has hung Henne out as opposed to the other way.

LOVE to see a huge game tomorrow , 10 catches , 2 touchdowns , 140 yards ...certainly it is there to actualize.

Cheers !

Ozzy likes this.
  36. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    No. He shouldn't be crucified. However, it was a big play that wasn't made. He made so many to help drives, but he needed one more. It was a big momentum change.

37. Ozzy

As were the missed FG's and missed tackles and missed assignments on defense but yes, it would have been nice had he caught it.

Anonymous likes this.
  38. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Judging the degree at which each negative play cost the team more is all opinion. For me, a TD that would have given the team a lead after two missed FG's, missed defensive assignments, losing the TO battle etc, would have been the biggest positive swing of momentum since the opening score of the NE game on MNF. And that's my opinion.

And it wouldn't have been nice if he made the play. It was needed for him to make that play. Do we win that game? I can't say that. Does the defense hold up? Does the offense continue to make plays? I dunno. What I do know is that Miami has the lead at 17-16 late in the game and is feeling pretty good about themselves after all the mistakes.

39. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    May I remind you that I did in fact stay on topic. You just decided to read the part about you.

40. Ozzy

That was not the end of the game though. So it was not something that HAD to be imo. They had plenty of other chances to just point out one. I'm sure Marshall would say he MUST make it but I just wish he had and won't dwell or place all the blame on him for it like he lost the game because as you stated, we just dont know...